All-Star Naccc Voting Today!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My thoughts as we go through this:
Tiny's going 6 and under!
There were a greater percentage of 'abstain' votes on 5R male numbers than there were votes for either of the numbers!
Hello JR5!! I like it- might help gyms build their way up to a J5/keep some athletes who would otherwise leave!
No Large Limited. I'm ok with this.
Maybe IOSC 5/6 at worlds next year? So, we're ACTUALLY having a Day 4 at worlds?
Almost a 50/50 split with the DI/DII concept. We might never agree.
Same split on including prep numbers.

For Skills-
No more extended single based stunts on youth teams? Totes ok with this.
Might be able to twist with one bracer in level 3 now? Fine.
Waist level release moves to extension in level 4- not too fussed. That almost seems safer?
Further restriction on twisting options for 5R- which it should be. It's supposed to be a step down from level 5, so you shouldn't be doublin' errday.
DON'T LIMIT THE TOSSES!!

Do you think the results of the vote will impact & influence the decisions/rules they end up making?

I'm confused in that the DI/DII questions is asked twice...once in rules section, and once in the age grid questionnaire. While they are both incredibly close in each poll, there are more "agrees" in one poll, and more "disagrees" in the other...

I thought the same thing. It doesn't make any sense.

Do you think the results of the vote will impact & influence the decisions/rules they end up making?
I think they've already made a decision and the voting results are not going to impact it, at least for the age changes. I still don't understand why there was a discrepancy between their statements as most were in support of raising the age and the voting results of keeping it at 12.

Last edited:
I think they've already made a decision and the voting results are not going to impact it, at least for the age changes. I still don't understand why there was a a discrepancy between their statements as most were in support of raising the age and the voting results of keeping it at 12.

So, don't get my hopes up about the ages for senior and worlds staying the same.

To be fair- I think the results from TWO cycles ago, they stayed in line with what people voted (as far as I remember). I think there was only one or two things they changed (granted, it was a while ago and I could be wrong). It was only the last cycle where they basically went 'To heck with what you voted, this is what WE want.' And then they also had that year where there was supposed to be NO voting whatsoever and they added rules in anyway (the double double rule).

But yeah- so long as the PTB decide they agree with coaches, the rules will follow votes. If they don't, who knows. Their recent behavior suggests 'We do what we want- your votes are just a guideline.' (What are they, Pirates?)

As for the limiting of baskets, they gave the same reasoning they gave for limiting double doubles- they're afraid of the mythical boogeyman gym who's going to try them and get hurt. They, in the words of Elaine 'Don't think we're ready.' Well, from following the Board long enough- you've got more risk of getting hurt on a straight ride than you do on a 5 trick basket. Personally, I think some people were more threatened by the basket than anything. 'Oh, we're pushing these kids too fast!!' Yet, it's been HOW many years since the kick doubles or kick kick doubles came into level 5, and it was only last year where someone tried a 5 trick basket. Gyms can barely get their regular baskets to look that good. Who's trying a 5 trick? Next to nobody- except the people who can handle it (the CAs and the TGs).

i look at the the voting more as, "we're taking a survey to see how the gym owners feel about the changes we already know we're going to make" type thing. if the "voting" results were drastically opposed to something they wanted to change, it may make them reevaluate or hold off... but the PTB already know what they want to do/change.

I don't like how they worded the DI/DII question to ONLY vote on if you would like DI/DII to replace the name of "small gym". Even though it says it will have nothing to do with whether DI/DII actually happens but it seems like that's their way of forcing it to eventually happen. Very sneaky...

Back