All-Star Naccc Voting Today!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

A 100 would make it large gym. Small gym is 75 or less. My previous gym has 1 senior 4 team. All of the girls have strong level 4 skills, many have true level 5 skills. It has 14 athletes on the team. It is a mix of 10-17 year olds. It would without a doubt hurt them.

I'm not using small gym as a technical term...I'm comparing them Cheer Athletics. ;) in the Seattle area, we don't have any massive gyms. We're all basically small...but growing.

I respect all the opinions, just pointing out that continuing to raise the age limit hurts true small gyms.

Although I agree it will hurt some gyms (however, not all small gyms), this is not a reason to not change a rule. The rules need to be made for the best interest of all athletes and gym bias can not be taken into effect. I'd like to think this happens when the actual rules committee decides which proposals will pass.

I don't know how I feel about this rule. I think 10 is definitely too young for any senior team. I understand the reasoning to up the age for Worlds teams, but I think most of the 12 year olds that have been on Worlds teams have done ok. I think I would prefer leaving it where it is, or if they are going to change it, grandfather current 11 year olds for the first year. I know some extremely talented ones that are going to be crushed if the rule changes and they have to wait an additional year to be on a Worlds team.
One can only hope. Cp has an almost-12-year-old good friend with all around level 5 skills who has been counting down the days until next season.

Last edited:
From watching the 3 videos I wondered if the goal is to slowly raise the senior age to 14 and up. If so, there are going to be a lot of CP's disappointed year after year.

From watching the 3 videos I wondered if the goal is to slowly raise the senior age to 14 and up. If so, there are going to be a lot of CP's disappointed year after year.
This happened to my oldest CP when they went from having no bottom age for senior teams to making it 10, then 11, then 12. She was one year behind that cut off 3 years straight. But looking back I am ok with that as she has already been on a worlds team for 4 years and still has 2 to go. Three if she wanted to super senior. With that said, I personally do not believe the bottom age should be raised from 12 to 13 or 14. Both of my girls competed on worlds teams at 12 and handled themselves just fine. Can any 12 year old handle it? No. But once again, I believe that is a decision that should be left up to coach and parent...

If anyone has any influence with the committee PLEASE ask them to make any official rule changes early. Last time they made big changes after our gym had already made new teams. 9 year old girls that made senior 4 and had practiced with their new team had to be told they were bumped down to Junior 2 because of new age rules. Talk about broken hearted kids.

If anyone has any influence with the committee PLEASE ask them to make any official rule changes early. Last time they made big changes after our gym had already made new teams. 9 year old girls that made senior 4 and had practiced with their new team had to be told they were bumped down to Junior 2 because of new age rules. Talk about broken hearted kids.

The changes to the timing of this process will address this concern. Voting will be complete by the end of August giving plenty of time for details to be sorted out and updates released.

Did anyone watch the video of the rules discussion? I'm curious what the argument was for raising the bottom age in any division. I mean arguments other than parenting issues like 10 year olds shouldn't hang out with 18 year olds. What would the overall benefit to allstar cheerleading be if we raised the bottom age?
I know everyone can see what the benefits would or would not be to them personally, but I'd really like to know how it would benefit the industry as a whole. Not saying there isn't one, just can't seem to figure it out myself.
This would affect my cp personally, as she is worlds eligible next year as of now. She could certainly hang on a worlds team physically, emotionally and socially. She wouldn't be crushed to wait another year, but she'd be disappointed. My wallet wouldn't necessarily mind another year of less travel.

Last edited:

this voting slate is for 2015-2017, not the 2014-15 season, so why would the gym move girls around now if it's within the current rules?

this voting slate is for 2015-2017, not the 2014-15 season, so why would the gym move girls around now if it's within the current rules?
I may be off a little, but last time our teams were made in March then the rules were announced in April. I was sharing that I hoped they would announce the rules earlier this time. I didn't want it to negatively effect teams for next season. It sounds like they will be ready early! That is great!

I may be off a little, but last time our teams were made in March then the rules were announced in April. I was sharing that I hoped they would announce the rules earlier this time. I didn't want it to negatively effect teams for next season. It sounds like they will be ready early! That is great!

oh, then i misunderstood! i thought you meant gyms were moving girls around now for this season and was confused why they would be doing that. got it!

Did anyone watch the video of the rules discussion? I'm curious what the argument was for raising the bottom age in any division. I mean arguments other than parenting issues like 10 year olds shouldn't hang out with 18 year olds. What would the overall benefit to allstar cheerleading be if we raised the bottom age?
I know everyone can see what the benefits would or would not be to them personally, but I'd really like to know how it would benefit the industry as a whole. Not saying there isn't one, just can't seem to figure it out myself.
This would affect my cp personally, as she is worlds eligible next year as of now. She could certainly hang on a worlds team physically, emotionally and socially. She wouldn't be crushed to wait another year, but she'd be disappointed. My wallet wouldn't necessarily mind another year of less travel.
My god-cp is in the same boat. Late birthday so she (currently) is eligible next year. She's also socially and mentally very mature (always has been) so she's ready for it.

Next year is cp16s last year (no super senior year for him if he gets his dream school) and they'd always planned to be stunt partners her first year eligible which is his last year. It will be sad for the family if that doesn't happen, and sad for her that she's got to chill another year a level behind where she's skilled. She's on a R5 right now because our gym doesn't have a J5 so she can only work to grow her skills in privates etc.

I think, in theory, I'm in favor of the rule but personally (which is selfishness talking) I'm not because they'd been really looking forward to being stunt partners next year. :(

My god-cp is in the same boat. Late birthday so she (currently) is eligible next year. She's also socially and mentally very mature (always has been) so she's ready for it.

Next year is cp16s last year (no super senior year for him if he gets his dream school) and they'd always planned to be stunt partners her first year eligible which is his last year. It will be sad for the family if that doesn't happen, and sad for her that she's got to chill another year a level behind where she's skilled. She's on a R5 right now because our gym doesn't have a J5 so she can only work to grow her skills in privates etc.

I think, in theory, I'm in favor of the rule but personally (which is selfishness talking) I'm not because they'd been really looking forward to being stunt partners next year. :(
I am so confused! Do you have a 3rd child? I thought your daughter was already on a worlds senior 5 team last season lol!

My CP is another one with the late birthday so the last time they upped the age limit she had to wait out worlds for a couple of years.

Back