All-Star Naccc Voting Today!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I put this in the other thread, but thought I'd post it here too,

My choice would be Sr aged teams between be 14-18. But maybe since this is an issue for small gyms, give them an exception? If you have 100 kids or under, your bottom age could be 12? It would keep the small gyms intact and force the large gyms to use age appropriate athletes on their multiple teams?

I don't think there should be any bottom age limit on any level. If a person is good enough for a World's team, they should be on one.

I also think it should be a heck of a lot harder to qualify for Worlds :rolleyes:

What about three age divisions- junior, senior, and mixed? Some age mixed teams are awesome and perform differently than homogeneous teams. I know this is not part of the current discussion but might be something to ponder...

It was interesting- how I felt about certain things changed after listening to reasoning behind everything. I'm glad they chose to release the discussions in sections again, it's really helpful to know why things are submitted and why they should/should not pass.

I think Junior Restricted 5 might be a thing next year..

It was interesting- how I felt about certain things changed after listening to reasoning behind everything. I'm glad they chose to release the discussions in sections again, it's really helpful to know why things are submitted and why they should/should not pass.

Where did you hear/watch?

I didn't get up to that video yet - did it seem that it would be in addition to the current Junior 5 division or instead of?

I have 2 thoughts on the age limits on the divisions - I think that for certain particularly Jr and Sr divisions the age thing is actually impacting the Jr division greatly I think, Jr division should be 12-14 and Sr. division should be 15-18, even Youth division age 9-11. I think, the Tiny and Mini division level should be based on the skill level of the athlete.

I am wondering what impact adding a Jr Restricted 5 will have on the Sr Restricted5 division, what I noticed in regards to this is most of the athletes on the Sr5R are athletes who are too young to be on a Worlds team, but have Lvl5 skills... This is only my observation...

I didn't get up to that video yet - did it seem that it would be in addition to the current Junior 5 division or instead of?
In addition, although don't quote me on that. I think the thought process was JR5 with potentially J5 going back to Worlds.

I liked Brad/Victor was trying to say about the baskets rule. Meaning: don't cap it yet because we don't even know what will happen this year. 1 team did a 5 trick basket, and we're suddenly in a panic about what MIGHT happen instead of taking the steps that will ACTUALLY do something: like forcing teams to work better execution by judging it appropriately. Bringing up that even thought double doubles were banned kids still throw them in the gym sometimes.

In addition, although don't quote me on that. I think the thought process was JR5 with potentially J5 going back to Worlds.

I liked Brad/Victor was trying to say about the baskets rule. Meaning: don't cap it yet because we don't even know what will happen this year. 1 team did a 5 trick basket, and we're suddenly in a panic about what MIGHT happen instead of taking the steps that will ACTUALLY do something: like forcing teams to work better execution by judging it appropriately. Bringing up that even thought double doubles were banned kids still throw them in the gym sometimes.
I completely agree about the baskets too. Unrelated to the rule, but I'm interested to see how many teams try the 5 skill baskets this season in regards to a high profile team doing it and others following. Since that exact same basket was done at Worlds in 05 and it took that long for it to be done again. Although the team that did it won that year, I think the whole "cheerlebrity" thing might cause some other kids to want to try it.

My thoughts as we go through this:
Tiny's going 6 and under!
There were a greater percentage of 'abstain' votes on 5R male numbers than there were votes for either of the numbers!
Hello JR5!! I like it- might help gyms build their way up to a J5/keep some athletes who would otherwise leave!
No Large Limited. I'm ok with this.
Maybe IOSC 5/6 at worlds next year? So, we're ACTUALLY having a Day 4 at worlds?
Almost a 50/50 split with the DI/DII concept. We might never agree.
Same split on including prep numbers.

For Skills-
No more extended single based stunts on youth teams? Totes ok with this.
Might be able to twist with one bracer in level 3 now? Fine.
Waist level release moves to extension in level 4- not too fussed. That almost seems safer?
Further restriction on twisting options for 5R- which it should be. It's supposed to be a step down from level 5, so you shouldn't be doublin' errday.
DON'T LIMIT THE TOSSES!!

I'm confused in that the DI/DII questions is asked twice...once in rules section, and once in the age grid questionnaire. While they are both incredibly close in each poll, there are more "agrees" in one poll, and more "disagrees" in the other...

Back