All-Star Nca Sunday Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

definitely a southern thing lol

#notallSoutherners

Now that I'm an outreach librarian and spend my time going to child care centers and schools I feel that I could write a book on the names here....based on demographics. And the endings "slee" "sley" "Leigh" "ley" "lee" "'iah" "asia"

Fun fact. I go to like 20 day cares a month, multiple classes at each center.

I always do "Super, Duper, 1-2-3 Can you say your name for me"

Not ONCE have I been in a class without a Jaylon/Jaylen/Jaylin etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#notallSoutherners

Now that I'm an outreach librarian and spend my time going to child care centers and schools I feel that I could write a book on the names here....based on demographics. And the endings "slee" "sley" "Leigh" "ley" "lee" "'iah" "asia"

@TheVipersMom LOL

#notallSoutherners

When I was gonna go to Texas Tech, I was in a groupme (which maxes at 50 members) with at least two other Bailey's. Before that I knew one.
My parents are from Massachusetts but apparently have a thing for common dog names... Five kids and every one of us has a name that's also a top 10 dog name.

#notallSoutherners

This still gets me every time:
images

(In the South's defense, she's a mormon from Utah, but I have no doubts there's a McKarty running around South Carolina somewhere)

Coaching and working in a HS really shows you how popular certain names are.

Ex: Working middle school incoming student/orientation events and info nights for cheer, it appears that everyone incoming from middle school (so ages 12-14) is a:

Madison/Maddison/Madysen.

Baylee/Bayleigh/Bayley/Bailey.

Haley/Hayley/some other variation of Hayleigh.

McKayla/McKenna/McKenzie/McKaylee.

Karsyn/Kambree/Kassidy.

Aubrey/Aubree/Aubrie.

Then there's your Emma/Isabella/Bella/Sophia.

I think that covers it.

Coaching and working in a HS really shows you how popular certain names are.

Ex: Working middle school incoming student/orientation events and info nights for cheer, it appears that everyone incoming from middle school (so ages 12-14) is a:

Madison/Maddison/Madysen.

Baylee/Bayleigh/Bayley/Bailey.

Haley/Hayley/some other variation of Hayleigh.

McKayla/McKenna/McKenzie/McKaylee.

Karsyn/Kambree/Kassidy.

Aubrey/Aubree/Aubrie.

Then there's your Emma/Isabella/Bella/Sophia.

I think that covers it.

Same with working in the NICU!

Currently:
Ava
Leightyn
Leila/ Layla
Lila/ Lyla
Owen
Bryson/ Brycen
Braxton ( I live in Ohio, Braxton Miller is a big deal)
... And then we have all the names with ' and - that we can never pronounce...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went out if my way to give my kids non common, but normal names. I hate my name, like HATE it so I was very careful. I think Instagram for infants is dumb...I'm sure I can think of a better word at some point, but I see it and just think dumb.

Now if you'll excuse me, my 7 year olds Instagram needs to be updated.

*The day Susie was not full of sunshine.*

I have 4 Gianna's on one of my teams

I wasn't aware Blakely was a first name... I've seen worse, but you southerners think up some weird little girl names.
I've always liked the name Blake for a girl, but I like some boys names for girls. I don't think Blakely is too common, but it's also not uncommon.

I've always liked the name Blake for a girl, but I like some boys names for girls. I don't think Blakely is too common, but it's also not uncommon.

Well it's also a last name and for some reason last names as first names has grown in popularity...I will never understand why though.

*The day Susie was not full of sunshine.*

This still gets me every time:
images

(In the South's defense, she's a mormon from Utah, but I have no doubts there's a McKarty running around South Carolina somewhere)

Those names are the worst. Every time I see that with "Nayvie" I die.

She may be in Utah but she's exactly like 92% of the women on my barre class

I've seen boys lately with my daughter's name (spelled differently), but I don't think I've personally known of another girl to have her name. I know they exist, but I like that I don't know them. It's one of those "Ayden" names.

Back