OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
@Official OWECheer @CheerRehab UConn used to have a real cheerleading team and opted to turn them into "student ambassadors" in 2009.

"The University of Connecticut was slammed last week when it announced that it had stripped its 17-year-old cheerleading program of the gymnastic and tumbling skills that had once made it nationally competitive. Instead, the school said, competitive cheer would be replaced with a "spirit squad"—one that, according to The Hartford Courant, would be primarily focused on finding nonathletic ways to "really spread Husky spirit"—by handing out spirit buttons, for instance."

Basically UConn decided it wasn't fair that you had to have skills to make the cheerleading team, so they opted to open it to anyone with school spirit and a pretty face. I can't find the actual article anymore, but the quote above comes from an opinion column discussing it.
I don't know if that was their attempt at being PC, but it stunk. Sorry that most people don't have the skill to be college cheerleaders, that's life LMAO. Who complained?

I saw a vine from Worlds 2013 where a team (in white uniforms) did a flipping transition where groups threw the flyer, she flipped, and landed in the group to the right. Pretty sure Aerosmith's "Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" was playing in the routine. Can anyone tell me what team this was? It's really bugging me not knowing!

I saw a vine from Worlds 2013 where a team (in white uniforms) did a flipping transition where groups threw the flyer, she flipped, and landed in the group to the right. Pretty sure Aerosmith's "Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" was playing in the routine. Can anyone tell me what team this was? It's really bugging me not knowing!

Shooting Stars Worlds 2013?
0:49 secs

ugh i just got full body chills and teary eyed. praying they hit that hard again this year (both days, please)

As much as my blood is permanently stained teal and black, if Shooting Stars hit both days I don't see how they can't win!

@Official OWECheer @CheerRehab UConn used to have a real cheerleading team and opted to turn them into "student ambassadors" in 2009.

"The University of Connecticut was slammed last week when it announced that it had stripped its 17-year-old cheerleading program of the gymnastic and tumbling skills that had once made it nationally competitive. Instead, the school said, competitive cheer would be replaced with a "spirit squad"—one that, according to The Hartford Courant, would be primarily focused on finding nonathletic ways to "really spread Husky spirit"—by handing out spirit buttons, for instance."

Basically UConn decided it wasn't fair that you had to have skills to make the cheerleading team, so they opted to open it to anyone with school spirit and a pretty face. I can't find the actual article anymore, but the quote above comes from an opinion column discussing it.
Just did some research, and it seems like the team might not have been axed if they had been good at leading the crowd at games.

Back