OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
So I started working out at a place that my dad and brother do, it's mainly geared towards male athletes but women work out there too. Stupid me shows up in a sports bra and the trainer asks me to wait outside while the boys finish working out...I'm so embarrassed

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Wait, what, why?????

Please send more money

So I started working out at a place that my dad and brother do, it's mainly geared towards male athletes but women work out there too. Stupid me shows up in a sports bra and the trainer asks me to wait outside while the boys finish working out...I'm so embarrassed

Did your membership agreement include rules about what you can wear? If not, I have many words for that trainer but bottom line is you shouldn't have been told to wait outside. They should be embarrassed, not you. Ugh. Not okay.

Did your membership agreement include rules about what you can wear? If not, I have many words for that trainer but bottom line is you shouldn't have been told to wait outside. They should be embarrassed, not you. Ugh. Not okay.

It's owned by the trainer. It's small and he has his own place it's not like an official gym if the makes sense? And I guess it would be "distracting" to wear a sports bra while other boys are working out. I totally disagree with that but yeah

That was my gift to myself for my 18th birthday. I'm glad I went with my friend that I have the most embarrassing moments with because I flat out cried in the piercing place.

Do you have any tips for the healing process? I still have the cleaning stuff I was given when I got my earlobes pierced last year so I've just been using that. I know not to turn it much like you do with lobe piercings (it's been bleeding quite a bit when I play with it), so all I've really been doing is using that cleaning stuff and touching it as minimally as possible.

I cannot even comprehend how amazing brad paisley and randy houser were tonight (the two opening acts Charlie worsham and Leah turner were also amazing). Oh my lanta it was incredible I just wanna g and watch it over and over.

Do you have any tips for the healing process? I still have the cleaning stuff I was given when I got my earlobes pierced last year so I've just been using that. I know not to turn it much like you do with lobe piercings (it's been bleeding quite a bit when I play with it), so all I've really been doing is using that cleaning stuff and touching it as minimally as possible.
I swear by Dr. Piercing's Aftercare swabs! I got mine pierced before comp season and kept having to touch it (so stupid I know, damn December birthday) or I would wake up sleeping on that side and my ear would throb. I know salt spray is recommended but that didn't do much for me.

Dial liquid antibacterial soap. That and saline solution.

I'm so frustrated with myself. June 11th I went to my first tumbling class at a local gym. It was as expected for my first time and not the best, I didn't even land one back handspring with the coach on the tumble track. The week before last, the gym was closed and we couldn't tumble. Last week, the gym was open again and I did really well. I landed a few with the coach heavily spotting. I felt like I was progressing well. Tonight rolls around, time to tumble again. Well, tonight I didn't land one. At all. Whatsoever. I don't know what happened. And now I'm terrified it's going to turn into a mental block because I can't land it. Not to mention a girl who had the biggest mental block on our team is now doing hers on her own and a girl who had little confidence in hers at the beginning of the hour got hers with a very light spot. This was both of their 2nd time going. I know it's not a mental block now because I'm not scared to throw it, I know I can do it, and I know getting hurt is part of being a cheerleader. I know I'm physically capable of it, but my body just won't do it. At first it was trouble with locking my arms, and and then once I finally got my arms to lock, my legs wouldn't kick themselves over. I feel like I'm going backwards (no pun intended)

Am I the only person that tries to match up "cheer twins"? Here's what I mean:

Ben Pope and Roger Schonder
CSP and Kelly Smith (obvious, they had to be matched together)

and I was sitting here, editing a video for which I needed to pull up an article (which happens to have a photo of Olivia Rink) and I realized: the Buege triplets and Olivia Rink are cheer quadruplets.... strange.

As you can tell, I'm bored.

I'm so frustrated with myself. June 11th I went to my first tumbling class at a local gym. It was as expected for my first time and not the best, I didn't even land one back handspring with the coach on the tumble track. The week before last, the gym was closed and we couldn't tumble. Last week, the gym was open again and I did really well. I landed a few with the coach heavily spotting. I felt like I was progressing well. Tonight rolls around, time to tumble again. Well, tonight I didn't land one. At all. Whatsoever. I don't know what happened. And now I'm terrified it's going to turn into a mental block because I can't land it. Not to mention a girl who had the biggest mental block on our team is now doing hers on her own and a girl who had little confidence in hers at the beginning of the hour got hers with a very light spot. This was both of their 2nd time going. I know it's not a mental block now because I'm not scared to throw it, I know I can do it, and I know getting hurt is part of being a cheerleader. I know I'm physically capable of it, but my body just won't do it. At first it was trouble with locking my arms, and and then once I finally got my arms to lock, my legs wouldn't kick themselves over. I feel like I'm going backwards (no pun intended)

Don't rush yourself!!! It took me like three years to actually land back handsprings by myself. (Not saying you will take that long!!! I'm just really bad lol) you will get the hang of it soon I'm sure of it!! :) just takes a little time

back handsprings are the absolute worst. It took me a year and a half to do it on my own. Just take all the advice your coach gives you and just keep trying. What ever you do, don't ever give up. I gave up sometimes and it just slowed me down. I thought i would always have mental blocks on tumbling and take years to progress, but i didnt. I actually progressed pretty easily. Back handsprings are really stupid and i will always hate them.

Back