OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
DONE right now. Cheer is typically my stress reliever, but too many of our own have died this week and I can't get it out of my head.

someone help. for the least two weeks i've had extreme nausea, causing me to not want to eat at all. when i finally break down and eat because i know i have to, i'll immediately throw up or get sick on the other end within an hour or two. i have no other symptoms of being sick and i'm not pregnant unless it's the baby Jesus himself... soo has anyone ever had this problem? and more importantly how do i fix it?!

like nothing else is wrong. i haven't changed anything in my diet or meds or anything like that. ughhh i just want to eat. we have a nurse practitioner on campus and she told me i was fine.. so, yeah. great. thanks.
Oh my god I had that thing earlier this year. All I could keep down was oatmeal for two months. I went through a stomach scope and they found nothing. Turned out it was increased acid production in my stomach caused by stress. See if you can get some Prilosec and try it out. That may be it, but if not I don't think an acid reducer would hurt the issue.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

My university finally found a coach for cheer and tryouts are at the end of this month.

I didn't make the team last year and I'm way nervous to try out this year- I don't even know if I want to try out, mainly because I don't want to get cut again.

The requirements are a standing back handspring, strong stunting and cheer experience.

I have a sketchy bhs and very strong stunting and obv 4 years of varsity cheer experience.

I don't think I'm going to try out if I can't clean up my bhs and at least get my roundoff spring back. Maybe if were being super generous try for a roundoff tuck lol

I think I might try and get a private with my tumbling coach and see what happens.

I almost want to email in a skills video and see if the coach will tell me things to work on? Is that like a thing? Would that be weird??

I'm freaking out

Sounds like a good idea, it couldn't hurt!

someone help. for the least two weeks i've had extreme nausea, causing me to not want to eat at all. when i finally break down and eat because i know i have to, i'll immediately throw up or get sick on the other end within an hour or two. i have no other symptoms of being sick and i'm not pregnant unless it's the baby Jesus himself... soo has anyone ever had this problem? and more importantly how do i fix it?!

like nothing else is wrong. i haven't changed anything in my diet or meds or anything like that. ughhh i just want to eat. we have a nurse practitioner on campus and she told me i was fine.. so, yeah. great. thanks.
Stress does this to me. My anxiety kicks in and causes me to feel like vomiting at all times. Only got worse as I got hungrier.

Stress does this to me. My anxiety kicks in and causes me to feel like vomiting at all times. Only got worse as I got hungrier.
Oh my god I had that thing earlier this year. All I could keep down was oatmeal for two months. I went through a stomach scope and they found nothing. Turned out it was increased acid production in my stomach caused by stress. See if you can get some Prilosec and try it out. That may be it, but if not I don't think an acid reducer would hurt the issue.
^^^anxiety makes my stomach sick too.
Have you tried taking a probiotic?

it is finals for me, but i'm actually extremely low-stress compared to my usual state of panic before exams. it's possible that that's a factor, but i'm not so sure. protein shakes have been the only thing i've consistently kept down for the last 2 weeks, so maybe ill throw some probiotic powder in there and see if it helps at all. i had an endoscopy not too long ago, so i don't think anything drastic could have happened since then.

i don't even mind being uncomfortable and nauseous, but i need to study and my brain needs glucose and food to function.

thank you everyone for the input and help!

Update:
My daughter who is 11, just told me that one of the boys who set himself on fire doing this challenge DIED of his injuries! So senseless and CRAZY!
Was it this kid?
Note, it's not the actual video of him, don't let the thumbnail deceive you.

Edit: Horrible premonition I'm having... the Basket Toss challenge. Lay people that have not been trained by a cheer coach basket tossing their friends across a field, into water, etc.

Dear lord, please don't let this happen....

Last edited:
I'm sure you don't know the answer to this, but can someone tell me what the point of doing this is? Like what else could possibly happen when doing that besides severely burning yourself? Do they really think nothing bad will happen, I'm sure my 8 year old self would have realized that, let alone as a teenager or older.

Unfortunately, social media and reality TV has created a generation of young people who are all trying to be that next big Sensation... I call this the '15 minutes of Fame' mentality and at first the challenges were harmless and appeared to be just mild pranks, such as eating baby food, the cinnamon challenge, most of the challenges dealt with different types of seasonings- salt or paper in the eyes, etc... but due to what I will say boredom, the challenges have turned to be very dangerous and unfortunately, in this case, the outcome has become stupidly fatal. Yes, this young man got his '15 minutes, but paid the highest and heaviest price for it! :(
Only consolation that his senseless death will serve is, it will stop other young people from trying this 'set yourself on fire challenge.'

Last edited:
Unfortunately, social media and reality TV has created a generation of young people who are all trying to be that next big Sensation... I call this the '15 minutes of Fame' mentality and in these cases, the outcome has become stupidly fatal. Yes, this young man got his '15 minutes, but paid the highest price for it! :(
This isn't nearly as bad, but this is happening right now where I live. There is the big festival thing (basically a New York street with vendors and concerts except it only happens once a year) and a local news broadcaster was reporting from it. This kid runs up and does the microphone thing where they steal it and say something obscene. (I'm sure you can figure it out. It's pretty popular for what reason I don't know) He is now getting charges pressed on him because of it.

The irony is that the most famous people on YouTube didn't get famous overnight. They made videos for years, taking time to hone their craft (I know from experience that making videos is hard work). They produce videos that people can truly enjoy and not forget within five minutes.

Hey, I am not a Doctor, but I do play one on most Tuesdays-;)
Symptoms & Diagnosis:
Now you mentioned that you have been feeling extremely nausea, loss of apetite, vomiting after eating of meals, and clearly not pregnant, etc... To be honest, I knew you could not be pregnant -- especially being a young person from New Jersey...
Prognosis:
So after listing all of your symptoms and checking all of your vitals - I must conclude, we have a MIRACLE about to happen, Christians have been waiting for centuries for any sign of the 2nd coming of Jesus and I think, it is finally HERE!!!:D

YIKES, Thanks for the heads up, I need to get my house in order!!!!

Last edited:
I'm getting my new insulin pump tomorrow and I'm so excited about it! I'm also going to the states to do groceries and such so I'm excited to get yummy goodness like Cinnabon toaster strudels, cereal, cookies, and anything else that we Canadians do not carry :p

you don't have toaster strudel? :jawdrop: that's unfortunate. not that I've ever had parents who bought them, but when I sleep over at my friends house and we have them for breakfast it's the best.

you don't have toaster strudel? :jawdrop: that's unfortunate. not that I've ever had parents who bought them, but when I sleep over at my friends house and we have them for breakfast it's the best.

Lol we do! Haha but not the Cinnabon floor! I used to get them when I lived in the states but moved here and was like what?! So I always get a few boxes when I go. Now if only we could open a Popeyes, Olive Garden, and a Cheesecake Factory too I'd be happy :p

Lol we do! Haha but not the Cinnabon floor! I used to get them when I lived in the states but moved here and was like what?! So I always get a few boxes when I go. Now if only we could open a Popeyes, Olive Garden, and a Cheesecake Factory too I'd be happy :p

Oooh I didn't even know that flavor existed. I thought you meant "Cinnabon, Toaster strudel" and just forgot the comma :oops:

Back