OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
thats what they're saying, i do not think i have ever been so sad hearing about a celebrity passing.
Severe depression.

His wife's statement made me so sad

I loved his movies.

Mork and Mindy was the first show I remember actually waiting every week for it to come on to watch (that and Love Boat). I think he's been part of TV and movies my whole life.
His personality type does not surprise me as depressed. He's very manic quite often, so I guess it fits. Still so sad. I really loved him - what an amazing actor and a joy to watch.

Have any of you seen the Adam Sandler movie "Funny People"? Ugh. I expected it to be funny, but it was about comedians, depression, mental illness...:( It came out in 2009, I think.

Someone on twitter said it best "it's heartbreaking to know that someone who brought so much joy to people's lives couldn't find it in their own"

RIP Robin.

Exactly. That sums it all up. I think that's what makes me the saddest about his death.

I kind of got a new car? All our cars are paid for, and the car I got is a 2014 Nissan Versa Note. I won't get full ownership for the next two years or so my mom will drive it until then when I'm at school. I was supposed to get a used car, but my parents found safety and some amenities that my mom wanted while she drove it were almost impossible to find. My new car is just as expensive as a fully loaded used car.

My friend got a Benz in the 7th grade, and got to drive it when we were juniors. By then the car was old and she eventually had to get a brand new car. It wasn't a luxury vehicle but still. She's not a spoiled brat either, it just so happened the Benz was a good deal at the time.
My friend and her sister got brand new mustangs for Christmas when I was in grade six, so they were 11 and 14, one was a pearl white convertible and my friends was pink. Neither of them drove their cars because by the time they had permits it was time to upgrade.

Someone on twitter said it best "it's heartbreaking to know that someone who brought so much joy to people's lives couldn't find it in their own"

RIP Robin.

so incredibly true. just thinking of robin williams brings back so many happy childhood memories with my favorite movies. i went through a phase where i watched mrs. doubtfire ever single day for over two months. we had to buy a new VHS because i wore it out. so heartbreaking. first time the death of an actor has legitimately gotten to me.

Things that aren't ok right now. This:

tumblr_m8vnwpPL9r1qhd14co1_500.gif

tumblr_m8vnwpPL9r1qhd14co2_500.gif

tumblr_m8vnwpPL9r1qhd14co3_500.gif

Right in the childhood.

What terrible news :(

Severe depression. You never know what these people are going thru. Heartbreaking.

His wife's statement made me so sad

I loved his movies.
He was completely bipolar. Iirc, he didn't like to take meds. I am a bit surprised he made it this far.

He had an incredible talent. Such a great loss.

We're trying to go to NYC to see some shows. We are planning to go this winter (ideally over Christmas break, but that may be out if the budget).

First show will be the Lion King for sure - my boss is in it, so we can get tickets and go backstage, etc. She's also idp's artistic director/program director for her dance team (non Irish one obviously) - so Idp is about to expire from excitement at seeing her in the show. (she doesn't teach them anymore, but she comes and does choreography, costuming, etc - the kids loooooooooove her)

My question: we can't choose a 2nd show! We're going to try to see the rockettes too, but we also want to see another musical. We're looking at:
The Book of Mormon
Chicago
Kinky Boots (too inappropriate?)
Motown

Wicked is a possibility, but it comes here all the time, so we could always catch it here.

Anyone seen these shows? Recommendations?
The Book of Mormon! I haven't seen it, but my older sister went with some of her friends on a trip and said it was hilarious.

Back