OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
same. but i don't even have the S... just 4. but i am grandfathered in to unlimited data and i lose it when i get an upgrade. going 4 years strong with this little guy. my lifeproof case is falling apart, though, but the phone is in good condition!

What service do you have? I have unlimited data through AT&T which is all but unheard of now, and its why I will not come off the family plan anytime soon. I've upgraded from Blackberry to 4S to 5S all while keeping unlimited data. Ditto for my mom. What service would make you lose unlimited?

What service do you have? I have unlimited data through AT&T which is all but unheard of now, and its why I will not come off the family plan anytime soon. I've upgraded from Blackberry to 4S to 5S all while keeping unlimited data. Ditto for my mom. What service would make you lose unlimited?

I lost my unlimited when I got a plan with my husband. Now we only have the ATT Next option. Our monthly plan is cheaper, but they don't subsidize the cost of phones. So I get to pay $650 spread out over 20 months if I get the new iPhone.

But I think you can upgrade without losing it. At least on AT&T. Verizon said you can't enter a new contract (ie get a subsidized phone) and keep your unlimited data.

Verizon. I have unlimited for $30 a month which they no longer offer, so if I upgrade I lose it and have to choose a plan that they currently offer. If I buy a phone at full price I can keep it... but I don't want to lol $30 a month now will get me like 250mb of data. Ugh.

Verizon. I have unlimited for $30 a month which they no longer offer, so if I upgrade I lose it and have to choose a plan that they currently offer. If I buy a phone at full price I can keep it... but I don't want to lol $30 a month now will get me like 250mb of data. Ugh.

Is that a normal price - 30$ for about 250mb of data? If yes, then I'll never move to the US... for that price you get 2000 MB including unlimited calls in Germany.

I lost my unlimited when I got a plan with my husband. Now we only have the ATT Next option. Our monthly plan is cheaper, but they don't subsidize the cost of phones. So I get to pay $650 spread out over 20 months if I get the new iPhone.

But I think you can upgrade without losing it. At least on AT&T. Verizon said you can't enter a new contract (ie get a subsidized phone) and keep your unlimited data.

I have unlimited data with AT&T for $45 a month as part of the family plan with 3 other lines. When I upgraded from the 4s to 5s I had the choice of doing the Next plan but I'd be wasting and losing money. I take good care of my phones so they last until its time for the 24 (ish) month normal upgrade. I had my 4S for exactly 2 years, and when it came time to get the 5s last fall, I got it for free (They paid me $199 for my 4s).... so splitting up the cost of a $500+ phone over X amount of months made no sense.

My only annoyance is that, although I don't want the iPhone 6, I'm in between the rotation for new iPhones. So next fall I;ll end up with the iPhone 6s or whatever.... unless I can hang on 2 more years...in the hope that there is an iPhone 7

I have unlimited data with AT&T for $45 a month as part of the family plan with 3 other lines. When I upgraded from the 4s to 5s I had the choice of doing the Next plan but I'd be wasting and losing money. I take good care of my phones so they last until its time for the 24 (ish) month normal upgrade. I had my 4S for exactly 2 years, and when it came time to get the 5s last fall, I got it for free (They paid me $199 for my 4s).... so splitting up the cost of a $500+ phone over X amount of months made no sense.

My only annoyance is that, although I don't want the iPhone 6, I'm in between the rotation for new iPhones. So next fall I;ll end up with the iPhone 6s or whatever.... unless I can hang on 2 more years...in the hope that there is an iPhone 7

Yeah, if I had kept my unlimited data I would have done the same. I upgraded from my 4S to 5 by paying, I think, $350 instead of the normal $200. I was eligible for a partial upgrade. If you want to switch your upgrade cycle you could see if you could do that.

$30 for unlimited dang. Is that your total each month or do you have to pay that plus 40 for you device(phone)? I have version too. Its 40 for 1g. 10 more for each additional gig. That's why I hate version they make you pay for each device you have. I'm waiting until my contacts up to switch to another service.

Yeah, if I had kept my unlimited data I would have done the same. I upgraded from my 4S to 5 by paying, I think, $350 instead of the normal $200. I was eligible for a partial upgrade. If you want to switch your upgrade cycle you could see if you could do that.

Yeah, I'd rather just keep getting free phones, unless I hold out for 2 years. Then I'd probably pay about $100

Yeah, I'd rather just keep getting free phones, unless I hold out for 2 years. Then I'd probably pay about $100

Wait I missed the part about how they paid you. That's not bad. I paid $350, but sold it for about that on eBay because it wasn't a year old.

$30 for unlimited dang. Is that your total each month or do you have to pay that plus 40 for you device(phone)? I have version too. Its 40 for 1g. 10 more for each additional gig. That's why I hate version they make you pay for each device you have. I'm waiting until my contacts up to switch to another service.

i'm on a family plan with my mom so we pay ~$80 for our phones for the calling/texting plan (so i guess, yes, $40 per device) and then i have $30/month data and she upgraded her phone so she pays for whichever data option she chose. my old job got me a 15% discount on our account so that's taken off the total each month, making it comparable to other providers. but if i upgrade my phone, not only do i lose unlimited, then i have to eff up my mom's current settings because we'd have to choose a data plan to share. she's an accountant and runs those numbers often and it wouldn't be any cheaper for the shared data. we're both currently eligible for upgrade, so we're looking around at different providers at the moment before anyone upgrades and renews our contract another 2 years.

while my phone is physically perfect 4 years later, it's gotten extremely slow and does weird like glitchy things so i am in the market for a new one, unfortunately. :( i keep putting it off, though. i just don't want to.

same. but i don't even have the S... just 4. but i am grandfathered in to unlimited data and i lose it when i get an upgrade. going 4 years strong with this little guy. my lifeproof case is falling apart, though, but the phone is in good condition!
I remember when it was unlimited data! We waited as long as possible to upgrade!

i'm on a family plan with my mom so we pay ~$80 for our phones for the calling/texting plan (so i guess, yes, $40 per device) and then i have $30/month data and she upgraded her phone so she pays for whichever data option she chose. my old job got me a 15% discount on our account so that's taken off the total each month, making it comparable to other providers. but if i upgrade my phone, not only do i lose unlimited, then i have to eff up my mom's current settings because we'd have to choose a data plan to share. she's an accountant and runs those numbers often and it wouldn't be any cheaper for the shared data. we're both currently eligible for upgrade, so we're looking around at different providers at the moment before anyone upgrades and renews our contract another 2 years.

while my phone is physically perfect 4 years later, it's gotten extremely slow and does weird like glitchy things so i am in the market for a new one, unfortunately. :( i keep putting it off, though. i just don't want to.
dang don't upgrade. That's an awesome deal you have even if you pay that 40 for the device.

Yeaaaaah If I were you I'd just set aside X amount of money every month and buy a new phone for the full price. No point in giving that up

we live the same life. except my professor escaped cuba (really. she told us that story on the first day of class) and it was physics. i didn't understand physics as it was and i most definitely did not understand her accent. to make it worse, the class i signed up for was a geometry based physics, but the class members (who were clearly much smarter than me) requested she teach calculus based physics... and she did. before i'd ever taken calculus. :rolleyes: after getting F's on the first few quizzes, i ended up dropping the class and taking it at community college over the summer.

this semester i have visceral pathology with a professor with an extremely heavy indian accent. she is the tiniest, sweetest, most adorable woman i've ever met (she assisted in a few of my past labs) but i don't understand a word she says. i'm already afraid. and she just talks so dang fast.
As

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back