OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I need to start creating a drinking game...but I wouldn't last 5 minutes with my family.
I have such a big family. I don't know if I would last. Plus we are still celebrating post Christmas.

we did play the jelly bean game. We passed around a box picked one and ate it. 50/50 % chance you got a yucky one. I was fortunate that I got no yucky ones. But others didn't lol.

SO- huge favor to ask of all of you.

I'm doing this survey for class, and it would be super-mcawesome if y'all could fill it out? It's a simple google doc survey with pictures and a video and questions. Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes MAX.

Kristen's Typing Survey!

Side note: y'all are making me feel like a horrible slacker with your calendars and planners and life organization. I have SOME stuff written in, but apparently I need to be better about it. Nothing is color coded.

Side side note: The Quiet Man is now on Netflix, and my roommate is repeating the entire movie back at the tv.

SO- huge favor to ask of all of you.

I'm doing this survey for class, and it would be super-mcawesome if y'all could fill it out? It's a simple google doc survey with pictures and a video and questions. Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes MAX.

Kristen's Typing Survey!

Side note: y'all are making me feel like a horrible slacker with your calendars and planners and life organization. I have SOME stuff written in, but apparently I need to be better about it. Nothing is color coded.

Side side note: The Quiet Man is now on Netflix, and my roommate is repeating the entire movie back at the tv.

Did it! You're really pretty! You look nothing like your picture on here [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So apparently I'm going on my first ever interview for real jobs tomorrow. I've just been so fed up with my manager from hell and this crappy Dunkin donuts job that I applied to a whole bunch of jobs on Craigslist. I have two interviews tomorrow and one is with senior management of one of the companies. I'm so nervous! Any tips or advice?

You have to be careful with the goldendoodles because some of them will still shed. Your best guarantee is to get a pup whose parents are a goldendoodle bred with a poodle. It's frustrating because you are basically paying for a mutt from a breeder unless you can find an older one at a shelter. Great dogs, great temperaments.

We have a standard poodle who does not shed, but is a nervous dog (and very protective of me) which I have heard is not unusual with poodles. Our next dog will definitely be a goldendoodle.

wow thank you for the insight. after a little research, I also heard that mixed poodle breads are great. hopefully we can find one! :)

So apparently I'm going on my first ever interview for real jobs tomorrow. I've just been so fed up with my manager from hell and this crappy Dunkin donuts job that I applied to a whole bunch of jobs on Craigslist. I have two interviews tomorrow and one is with senior management of one of the companies. I'm so nervous! Any tips or advice?

Congratulations! Well I'll start with the obvious one: dress to impress. I've also heard don't wear perfume because some people are allergic/hate perfume and you wouldn't want to be remembered as the person who wore too much perfume. Practice some questions and answers in your head. Why are you a good fit for this company? What can you bring to the table to help them? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What do you hope to accomplish working here? Don't say things like, "Well I'd eventually like to work at B and your company can help get me there." People hate that. Even if this job isn't your dream job, make the interviewer believe that it is. Be excited! I got my last internship because I was really excited and it showed.

I've been at the ER since 11:30 pm...it's 4:22 am now. I want to go home!!! :(
ETA: I'm fine. I just had a really horrible migraine, which triggered a panic attack , which made it very hard to breathe. I'm good now- just tired and grumpy.

Ugh I should've gone last night but mom made me an appointment for 2:45 today instead. I've had a migraine since Friday, which I believe it what's triggered the nose bleeds, bleeding in my ear, throwing up, dizziness, and most recently I've started going cross eyed... But in better light, (& so I don't have to double post) I accepted my acceptance yesterday, have only heard back from 1/3 schools, but the one I accepted was my #1 choice.

Congratulations! Well I'll start with the obvious one: dress to impress. I've also heard don't wear perfume because some people are allergic/hate perfume and you wouldn't want to be remembered as the person who wore too much perfume. Practice some questions and answers in your head. Why are you a good fit for this company? What can you bring to the table to help them? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What do you hope to accomplish working here? Don't say things like, "Well I'd eventually like to work at B and your company can help get me there." People hate that. Even if this job isn't your dream job, make the interviewer believe that it is. Be excited! I got my last internship because I was really excited and it showed.
Thank you so much my only worry is that I won't get it because I can't work all the days because of school they would want me Monday through Saturday and I would need Tuesday and Thursday for school but I'm hoping everything works out because I'm really 2 seconds from quitting my job and I can't financially afford to be unemployed so.

Ugh I should've gone last night but mom made me an appointment for 2:45 today instead. I've had a migraine since Friday, which I believe it what's triggered the nose bleeds, bleeding in my ear, throwing up, dizziness, and most recently I've started going cross eyed... But in better light, (& so I don't have to double post) I accepted my acceptance yesterday, have only heard back from 1/3 schools, but the one I accepted was my #1 choice.
Oh no :( I hope you feel better soon!
And congratulations on your acceptance!

Dress well. If it's retail or restaurant, you'd probably be fine in a nice dress and flats, but if you're interviewing in an office setting, you'll probably want to wear at least business casual attire (dress pants or a skirt and a blouse or cardigan.) No leggings!

They're going to ask you "do you have any questions?" Have at least one legitimate question prepared. Don't make up some bogus ones just to ask a question. You'll be memorable if you ask a question that shows you're interested in the position and the company.

SPEAK PROPERLY. Make sure to speak clearly and avoid using slang. However, be casual and relaxed. You don't need to be a stiff, but you also want to sound intelligent.

Bring a resume, if you have one. It's a good idea to come prepared with a few copies.

Dress well. If it's retail or restaurant, you'd probably be fine in a nice dress and flats, but if you're interviewing in an office setting, you'll probably want to wear at least business casual attire (dress pants or a skirt and a blouse or cardigan.) No leggings!

They're going to ask you "do you have any questions?" Have at least one legitimate question prepared. Don't make up some bogus ones just to ask a question. You'll be memorable if you ask a question that shows you're interested in the position and the company.

SPEAK PROPERLY. Make sure to speak clearly and avoid using slang. However, be casual and relaxed. You don't need to be a stiff, but you also want to sound intelligent.

Bring a resume, if you have one. It's a good idea to come prepared with a few copies.
Thank you! Two of my interviews recommended business professional so I'm currently shopping for the perfect outfit. And I'm planning on doing some research on the companies websites when I get home to come up with a few questions.

Yes this is great advice! I want to add about the question... If you ask the interviewer "How did you get to this position?" In my experience, people like that... And people love to talk about themselves. Also do your research on the company! Check out the website and find something they do that you like. At my interview I mentioned a rebranding project the company had done a few years before and they were impressed that I knew about it. So do your homework and impress them!

Back