OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Boston just was selected as the US bid for the 2024 Olympics. I'm not sure how I feel. I love the olympics more than anything but I did my undergrad thesis on the bidding process, I've done more research on the buildup, the event, and the aftermath than I ever had wished to and now I'm conflicted about whether I want the Games in my back yard or not. GAH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it's probably a bad thing for the city/state, but I'd love to see it here and I'd be pretty pumped if we got better infrastructure out of it. The T could use some serious improvements.

And I could probably rent out my house :p

Am sure there are many here who are willing to help.

**insert maniacally evil laughter here**
Lol that signature! I'm sure there are too, FB people are the best! Anyway, I emailed her again and sent her a Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram message. I'm pretty sure she's on the boards too, but I can't remember her user name. I feel bad for being annoying but every time I think about it I get too mad to care...opps.

Temperatures tomorrow are supposed to be just as low as they are today, yet no one is canceling school. All I know is that I really hope that my game is canceled. It's 40 minutes away at least and I don't want to be on a freezing cold bus for that long

Couldn't Gillette Stadium be used for the opening/closing ceremony? It's not THAT far away...

Lol that signature! I'm sure there are too, FB people are the best! Anyway, I emailed her again and sent her a Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram message. I'm pretty sure she's on the boards too, but I can't remember her user name. I feel bad for being annoying but every time I think about it I get too mad to care...opps.

You should be annoyed. You provided a service and deserve to be paid as agreed upon. Hopefully the coach is reading and understands she has basically stolen from you.

You should be annoyed. You provided a service and deserve to be paid as agreed upon. Hopefully the coach is reading and understands she has basically stolen from you.

Lol I hope so too.

Couldn't Gillette Stadium be used for the opening/closing ceremony? It's not THAT far away...

It's not big enough apparently.

And it's not that far away, I'm sure it can be used for something. I'm pretty sure Vancouver had events 2 hours away.

Boston just was selected as the US bid for the 2024 Olympics. I'm not sure how I feel. I love the olympics more than anything but I did my undergrad thesis on the bidding process, I've done more research on the buildup, the event, and the aftermath than I ever had wished to and now I'm conflicted about whether I want the Games in my back yard or not. GAH!

My mom's from Everett so if the Olympics end up in Boston she will be freaking out, I can picture it now :D

Had a job interview tonight for one of my new favorite places. It went really great! I had a lot of the things he was looking for and he said my experience was perfect for the job. He also said that interviews end at the end of the week, but right now i'm in the top 20-25 to be hired for the store opening. I'm so excited!!

Not sure how to quit my old job. They always schedule me when I can't work, don't return my phone calls, and I haven't worked for 3 weeks. Before that the new manager gave me a 3 and a half hour shift on sunday nights. That's it for the week. There are many other things but these are the main things that drive me crazy. Also the fact that we've had a rat eating containers lately (at a food place). My new place is awkwardly about 4 stores down from my current. But I would be getting about 30-40 hours a week compared to 3.5. Which means a lot more money and will definitely help for extra privates before tryouts. I can't wait!

***Aka please pray I get this job***
Well considering they are not scheduling you anyway I don't think they will require too much notice. I would try to do the right thing and give them 2weeks notice. It might not even matter if you have to start the new job during that period, because they aren't even using you anyway.

Super tardy to the party but there are several shots/vaccines I can't get because I have a latex allergy. The rubber stoppers/some syringe plungers in vaccines are often latex (fun fact). You would think there was another material they could use [emoji19]

I got really excited about the Boston Olympics bc I go to school in MA but then I realized I'll be long graduate by then.....wow crazy to think about

........ Well, not chicken pox. Both my kids got it. They never even got the vaccine because they got chicken pox when they were only 3 months old (yes, both kids, 8 years apart got chicken pox at 3 months old). The vaccine isn't given until they are 12 months. And on an equally bizarre "why do JaM's kids get the weirdest ish?" note, younger one got shingles at 10 years old. Crazy!

But yes, agreed!
There are a lot of kids getting shingles nowadays whereas it used to be something you only heard about adults getting. It's weird though that your youngest got it because it is related to the chicken pox shot and having the live virus in your system from the vaccination even though you never actually contracted the virus. You just have a special kid I guess!

As someone who lived 25 minutes from Stratford, it's honestly such a great honour! The Olympic Park is now being converted into my football team's stadium which they'll keep athletics accessible, the cycling park is still being used and that specific part of East London has gone through loads of regeneration; more housing, offices moving East, etc... I reckon with a solid plan of what the city hopes to do once the Games are over, it would be great for Boston and you'll honestly never be as proud.

Back