OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I would do it, skip the Avon Walk, and go to the wedding. You wouldn't want to turn down four years of your life for a weekend, you know? Just my two cents.
That's what I'll probably end up doing. I'm just sad that I can't do it all. Oh well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've about made up my mind on which college I'm going to commit to. Still need to hear back from a few schools and see the financial aid/scholarship offers, but this school is offering a ton of money and the program is really good. The only problem is that it's in St. Louis and I'm in California. I'm totally fine with going out of state, but school starts in August and there are some things out west in September that I wish I could be here for. My mom's best friend is getting married the first weekend of September in Seattle. Her first husband passed away a few years ago, so this is huge for her. She asked me and her daughter to be bridesmaids, which I would love to do but I'm not sure if I can. My mom and I always do the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer the following weekend in Santa Barbara, too. It's a cause that's really close to my family, and 39.3 miles is really great mother-daughter bonding that I'm going to miss. They have other walks around the country, but the closest to the school would be Chicago in June, so it wouldn't really make sense flying out there. Financially there's no way I would be able to fly out to St. Louis one week, fly to Seattle two weeks later, fly to Santa Barbara the following week, and then fly back to St. Louis. Plus, all the class time I would be missing. I'm just really sad about that. Sorry for the rant. :(

What school/program?

I've about made up my mind on which college I'm going to commit to. Still need to hear back from a few schools and see the financial aid/scholarship offers, but this school is offering a ton of money and the program is really good. The only problem is that it's in St. Louis and I'm in California. I'm totally fine with going out of state, but school starts in August and there are some things out west in September that I wish I could be here for. My mom's best friend is getting married the first weekend of September in Seattle. Her first husband passed away a few years ago, so this is huge for her. She asked me and her daughter to be bridesmaids, which I would love to do but I'm not sure if I can. My mom and I always do the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer the following weekend in Santa Barbara, too. It's a cause that's really close to my family, and 39.3 miles is really great mother-daughter bonding that I'm going to miss. They have other walks around the country, but the closest to the school would be Chicago in June, so it wouldn't really make sense flying out there. Financially there's no way I would be able to fly out to St. Louis one week, fly to Seattle two weeks later, fly to Santa Barbara the following week, and then fly back to St. Louis. Plus, all the class time I would be missing. I'm just really sad about that. Sorry for the rant. :(

There's a Susan G Komen race for the cure in Columbia (2 hrs from STL) in early October, it's only a 5K but at least it's something? Maybe she could visit you for that. I wouldn't sacrifice 4 years for 2 weekends, but it's up to you. If you end up coming here, you'll need to invest in a lot more cold weather gear than you'd ever probably use out there :D

There's a Susan G Komen race for the cure in Columbia (2 hrs from STL) in early October, it's only a 5K but at least it's something? Maybe she could visit you for that. I wouldn't sacrifice 4 years for 2 weekends, but it's up to you. If you end up coming here, you'll need to invest in a lot more cold weather gear than you'd ever probably use out there :D

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to keep that in mind! And yeah, I'm definitely not letting two weekends influence my decision- I'm just sad I can do it all haha. Not gonna lie, I'm a little terrified about the weather.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to keep that in mind! And yeah, I'm definitely not letting two weekends influence my decision- I'm just sad I can do it all haha. Not gonna lie, I'm a little terrified about the weather.

I totally get it. College is scary! As far as the weather, it gets pretty cold so it'll probably feel way colder to you, but you'll adjust quickly enough! As long as you have a good coat and dress for the weather it's totally bearable.

If you do decide to come to MO buy all your winter stuff this spring while it's on sale. It will be more expensive up front, but if you invest in good quality brands like Northface/Patagonia/LL Bean/etc, they'll last a lot longer than getting stuff at Target when it gets cold here next fall.

And for all those flights- do you have anyone in your family who travels a lot for business or works for an airline? You could ask them to use their points to buy you flights for those events instead of giving you a graduation gift?

If you do decide to come to MO buy all your winter stuff this spring while it's on sale. It will be more expensive up front, but if you invest in good quality brands like Northface/Patagonia/LL Bean/etc, they'll last a lot longer than getting stuff at Target when it gets cold here next fall.

And for all those flights- do you have anyone in your family who travels a lot for business or works for an airline? You could ask them to use their points to buy you flights for those events instead of giving you a graduation gift?
I'll keep that in mind, thank you!
My mom's cousin is a pilot for Southwest, so I'll see if he can help out :)

My college apparently has multi gendered bathrooms now... No thank you.
Okay, thank you! I saw that one of my facebook friends that also goes to the school posted that and were all like "yay such a step forward." But no. I'm sorry, but I don't want to be in the restroom and have a guy walk in. And I'm not coming from a place of homophobia or transgender phobia, or anything similar. I adjust my bra in the bathroom and stuff I'd rather not have guys walk in on. If it's someone who identifies as female, no worries, but otherwise it would just make me uncomfortable. If it's just like one bathroom where only one person can be in at a time, cool. If it's one where there are a bunch of stalls, Nonononono.

I feel like the gender neutral bathrooms are probably for transgender individuals that may be too nervous to go into a gender specific bathroom especially if they are still transitioning.
That is what I was thinking but it could just be a plain old unisex.

**If you are going to smack talk you better make sure your team HYS**

Back