OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
At kindergarten registration, they gave all the kids a "Class of 2024 shirt".

:(

I coach two youth teams and one junior team (but a significant amount of the kids are still mini aged, probably over half) and every time I see one of them walk into the gym wearing a "Class of 2024" shirt (or another year that makes me feel like I'm super old) I die a little inside. I just graduated in 2012 so it catches me off guard to see those shirts [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I'm putting all my pictures on my computer to free up space on my phone. I've had the phone since last November, and I have 1597 pictures. Granted, I went to New York City over the summer, and I took a lot of pictures there, but that's still a lot for 13 months

I coach two youth teams and one junior team (but a significant amount of the kids are still mini aged, probably over half) and every time I see one of them walk into the gym wearing a "Class of 2024" shirt (or another year that makes me feel like I'm super old) I die a little inside. I just graduated in 2012 so it catches me off guard to see those shirts [emoji28]

The fact that my brothers' friends have #classof2019 in their Instagram bios makes me feel old and I haven't even graduated get??? But really why do people start associating with their grad year so early? Until I was in high school and maybe even freshman year, if you had asked me what year I graduate I would've had to do the math in my head.

My bad knee has been so weird lately. I keep having dreams that I'm getting surgery on it (which never happened in real life) and when I wake up it feels all loose.
Thennn it's been hurting randomly and slipping to the side (my MCL was torn like 2/3 years ago) a lot more than usual. I haven't been doing anything unusual to irritate it either. The dreams really creep me out though lol

The fact that my brothers' friends have #classof2019 in their Instagram bios makes me feel old and I haven't even graduated get??? But really why do people start associating with their grad year so early? Until I was in high school and maybe even freshman year, if you had asked me what year I graduate I would've had to do the math in my head.

At the end of 8th grade some kids started running around screaming "Oh Three"

And I had to ask what it meant

I have to brag about myself for a second, feel free to ignore. I'm just really excited.
I ran my first full marathon yesterday!!! It was very slow, but I finished. Not only that, but I did it the day after a half marathon, so 39.3 miles in 2 days. It's crazy that just over a year ago I couldn't even run a mile. If anyone wants a fun race to do, go to Disney World/Disneyland! They have everything from a 5K to a full, various weekends throughout the year and they are so much fun!! Kind of expensive, but so worth it.
Congrats, that is amazing!!! I couldn't walk for about two weeks after finishing my one and only marathon, hope you are doing better than I was!

I'm hearing that Supernatural got renewed for an 11th season.............. Please don't.
Not sure how to take this but I am actually happy. I thought the plan was originally to end after the 10th, but I am not ready to let it go yet. Of course, I might be feeling differently come May and the season finale. Carry on.... (my wayward son....)

My bad knee has been so weird lately. I keep having dreams that I'm getting surgery on it (which never happened in real life) and when I wake up it feels all loose.
Thennn it's been hurting randomly and slipping to the side (my MCL was torn like 2/3 years ago) a lot more than usual. I haven't been doing anything unusual to irritate it either. The dreams really creep me out though lol

This happens to me too! Like all of it, the dreams & it also goes to the side. Sometimes I wake up and have to put on my massive knee brace to get up. Does yours ever only half way dislocate? It is the weirdest feeling.

Congrats, that is amazing!!! I couldn't walk for about two weeks after finishing my one and only marathon, hope you are doing better than I was!
Haha, yea I'm still pretty sore. I've been having IT band issues for a couple months and of course I couldn't let it rest since I had to train, and it was not happy at all during the full and I ended up walking the last 6 miles of it, so I think that gave me a nice cool down so I'm not quite as sore as I thought I would be. It also doesn't hurt being in PT school and having lots of friends that don't mind stretching me and doing some soft tissue work ;)
Right now I'm saying I'm never doing another one, but I have a feeling that will change. I absolutely love half marathons though, still enough of a challenge, but not torture to my body.

This happens to me too! Like all of it, the dreams & it also goes to the side. Sometimes I wake up and have to put on my massive knee brace to get up. Does yours ever only half way dislocate? It is the weirdest feeling.

Idk about halfway dislocating but it literally like rotates out to the side and then back in again all the time. I can sit with my legs straight, push on the other side and my leg will like bend inwards and it's totally gross and definitely weirdest feeling ever. Especially with all the ice on the ground!!!! Everytime I slip my knee slips lol.

It's good to know this happens to other people too!!

Idk about halfway dislocating but it literally like rotates out to the side and then back in again all the time. I can sit with my legs straight, push on the other side and my leg will like bend inwards and it's totally gross and definitely weirdest feeling ever. Especially with all the ice on the ground!!!! Everytime I slip my knee slips lol.

It's good to know this happens to other people too!!

My knee cap will kind of get stuck half way between normal and on the side. It makes the whole area go numb. Sooo weird.

That's usually why they get implemented, but they're also helpful for people with a support worker of a different gender, or even for families.
In California, people can enter bathrooms of the opposite gender can enter bathrooms for assistance, diaper changing, etc. I get the purpose behind it, but like I said earlier, I don't mind if a male to female transgender (pre or post op) goes into the women's restroom, because they identify as female, so in my book, they're a female despite what their current anatomy dictates. And I know that there aren't other people who have the same views, but where we live, it's a pretty liberal area.
I also can still not find out if they are single occupancy bathrooms or stalls either. I'm kinda surprised how quiet it's been kept for the most part.

I also can still not find out if they are single occupancy bathrooms or stalls either. I'm kinda surprised how quiet it's been kept for the most part.

My guess is they are regular stall bathrooms... I feel like single occupancy bathrooms are commonly unisex anyway. I don't think it would be "newsworthy" if it was for them.

Back