OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
My parents just scheduled our flights to St. Louis later this month so I can visit my number one school! I've been in contact with a few potential roommates and will hopefully be meeting them while I'm there, and the cheer coach has invited me to come to their practice and work out a bit with the team. I'm so excited!
ETA: how is the weather usually in mid-late march?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was stuck at the studio yesterday, inventorying costumes (of which we have millions apparently) and taking some to storage. One of the girls brought me girl scout cookies to help keep me going (she lives upstairs from the studio). She asked if she could put on these tutu's. I said, "All of them?"

Apparently yes. All of them. [emoji3]

4rxp46.jpg

she looks like violet beauregard :p cutie.

I was stuck at the studio yesterday, inventorying costumes (of which we have millions apparently) and taking some to storage. One of the girls brought me girl scout cookies to help keep me going (she lives upstairs from the studio). She asked if she could put on these tutu's. I said, "All of them?"

Apparently yes. All of them. [emoji3]

4rxp46.jpg

I just finished my Read Across America Storytime, so all I see is Thing 1.....or Thing 2

My parents just scheduled our flights to St. Louis later this month so I can visit my number one school! I've been in contact with a few potential roommates and will hopefully be meeting them while I'm there, and the cheer coach has invited me to come to their practice and work out a bit with the team. I'm so excited!
ETA: how is the weather usually in mid-late march?

Come prepared for anything. Could be 70s or could be snowing, you really never know. It could be both, it sometimes goes from 80 to snowing overnight. I'd check weather closer to the time you actually come, and bring an extra jacket just in case!

I didn't realize how awful my Vyvanse side effects were until I stopped taking it. So far the adderall isn't as bad at the end of the night and I can actually sleep! Vyvanse made me feel like a complete zombie and the side effects were terrible. I went off of it in October and I've gained 30+ pounds, and could literally not focus on anything for more than .5 seconds, I would start bio homework, get like 1 question done that took me forever, and then start english then go back to bio then go to speech back to bio and back to english back to speech... or something like that. It was AWFUL. And my stomach turned into a bottomless pit. I was never NOT hungry and it wasn't like "oh you can wait" it was like "oh you just finished dinner two minutes ago? time for chips!"... I hope I never have to stop medicine ever again... and hopefully I will lose at least a little of this weight I've gained, and my grades will go back up.

I have never tried Vyvanse but I did take Adderall for a couple of years. It made me soooo irritable when it was wearing off. I had to plan taking it so that it was wearing off during a time I wasn't around people. It was such an emotional roller coaster. That aspect of ADHD meds is the main reason I stopped taking them in middle school. Not to mention I would forget to take the second pill just about every other day. Or I would take it too late. But Adderall worked great for five hours and the next four hours (when I remembered to take the 2nd pill). I tried to the extended release Adderall so I wouldn't have to remember to take a second dose but that stuff made me feel really weird. I couldn't describe it to my doctor, but it almost made me feel detached.

But now I take Concerta which is GREAT. For the first few months I took it, I would get a small headache as it was wearing off. So my doctor gave me a very small dose of Ritalin to take at the end of the day and that got rid of the headache. I think my body is used to the Concerta now because I don't get the headache any more, even if I don't take the Ritalin. If you ever have to change meds again, you shouldn't have a problem getting Concerta. It has been around for a while and there are many generics.

But I am glad you got your meds sorted out. Dealing with ADHD as an adult is incredibly difficult. Especially if you are a student. When I was working, I was fine without medication. I was pretty absent-minded, but I could get by. But as a student, there is no way I could do it. I tried my first quarter without medication and it was a disaster. If you haven't already, check-in with the student disability office at your school. Mine offers an ADHD support group that helps with organizational skills and coping mechanisms during times when things are especially overwhelming. They also arranged for me to take my exams in a "distraction-free" environment. Which meant I didn't have to take my exams in a lecture hall with 400 other people, half of which always seem to have really irritating coughs.

Come prepared for anything. Could be 70s or could be snowing, you really never know. It could be both, it sometimes goes from 80 to snowing overnight. I'd check weather closer to the time you actually come, and bring an extra jacket just in case!

Thanks!

Ugh me too, times like this right after NCA makes me realllly miss cheering! Hopefully I'll be coaching for my old gym this season though!
For real! I want to try peach's straddle ball up and a few other stunts I saw soooooo badly! Hopefully I can find my way back into cheer too :)

Back