OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
@AllstarObsession

Re: Kitty - I would let him know that she's very sick and might not live too much longer. I wouldn't go into much detail or be all doom and gloom but if he's attached to Kitty then I think letting him know would be a good thing. My parents put my dog down when I was 10ish. One day he was there, the next day he wasn't. It was very hard for me because I didn't get to say "formal" good byes. My 10 year old self was devastated because it seemed so out of the blue to me. (Keep in mind this dog was 16, blind, deaf, and paralyzed the last few days of his life so he lived a long happy life but he was the light of my life.) So yeah, I would at least bring it up to him and get him comfortable with the fact that Kitty might not be around much longer.

Re: Exercise - hmm this is harder. Maybe you could just incorporate more active things into his lifestyle? Like taking walks after dinner or after homework. Or doing things on weekends that involve moving? Like hiking or swimming? Ask him if there's anything he'd ever like to try like biking or roller blading. Maybe he'd be interested in joining a team? Does he watch sports? Is there yard work that he could do? Maybe you could incorporate a rule where a certain day you don't get TV/electronics and you guys do something together that involves being active? Is there a YMCA near you? They always have kids clubs and youth teams that focus around a healthy lifestyle.

For all the UK people on here, is there anything worthwhile doing in Birmingham? My flight leaves at 9am, so I'm going a day early with the other girls from my school. We'll be getting there around 3 in the afternoon, so we wont have a ton of time to kill, but at the same time we don't want to waste the last day sitting around. We already planned on hitting up the shopping area, but thats it.

Make sure you go to the bullring its a nice shopping mall and quite big and a 5min walk from new street station

Does anyone have/like Alex & Ani bracelets?? I'm thinking about getting my mom one for mothers day. I've never had one and I've never really seen them except for online. They're super cute from what I can tell and not that expensive so I think it will be a good gift. My mom looooves her Pandora bracelet so collecting these might be fun for her too.

Does anyone have/like Alex & Ani bracelets?? I'm thinking about getting my mom one for mothers day. I've never had one and I've never really seen them except for online. They're super cute from what I can tell and not that expensive so I think it will be a good gift. My mom looooves her Pandora bracelet so collecting these might be fun for her too.

I have a couple and really like them, I think it would make a great mothers day present & there are a lot of options in choosing them as well... I also got one as a bridesmaids gift from my best friend which was really cool.

My mom LOVES these things. She has a pandora too. You won't go wrong with an Alex and Ani!

I have a couple and really like them, I think it would make a great mothers day present & there are a lot of options in choosing them as well... I also got one as a bridesmaids gift from my best friend which was really cool.
My mom LOVES these things. She has a pandora too. You won't go wrong with an Alex and Ani!
Thanks guys!!! I think I'm sold. I always have such a hard time finding stuff for her so this was easy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love them, I have 9. When my mom worked in Rhode Island she discovered them for my sisters and I and they've made their way across the country now. I'm constantly buying them as gifts because there's so many to pick from [emoji2]

Also re: stepkiddo. I got his state exercise test results today and it's absolutely dismal. How do you get an overweight, lazy, defiant kid with a mother that doesn't believe in organized sports to exercise...?

Is there anything he's into? Tons of activities can totally provide exercise-in-disguise. Hiking, biking, geo-cache, even the video games that make you move.
Mom doesn't have to believe that organized sports are awesome in order for stepkiddo to be involved in activity, any activity, when he's with y'all. Lead by example and dont allow it to not be an option at your house. Use rewards like money, or something non-food-related, to get him moving.

I think Alex and Ani bracelets are great. I got one for Sacha and her team mom that had a shark tooth on it, and they came with a related inspirational quote thing that was just absolutely perfect. Inexpensive and meaningful is right up my alley.

Back