OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
You mean Freeform? UGH. Why did they have to change their name? 'ABC Family' is simple and classic. Plus Google hasn't changed that awful logo.
Wait what? They changed their name?! That's like marketing 101 you don't do that as an established brand. Like when WB changed to CW however many years ago it took me so long to get used to it.

@BiggieSmalls I was never into jazz much but my dad and older brother are big into Duke Ellington

**Lets do the time warp again...**

Wait what? They changed their name?! That's like marketing 101 you don't do that as an established brand. Like when WB changed to CW however many years ago it took me so long to get used to it.

They're changing it because a lot of their more current programming doesn't reflect their name any longer. It's not super family friendly anymore.

They're changing it because a lot of their more current programming doesn't reflect their name any longer. It's not super family friendly anymore.
Yeah - Nikki Menaj and family programming aren't exactly synonymous!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Really random... but I need help with InDesign (the CS2 version).

I am done with the design of my brochure. InDesign now tells me something about the cmyk color profile during preflight. Do all of my pictures need to have the cmyk color profile? Or is it enough to choose the cmyk color profile during packaging?

Next question: I have the 3mm trim in my page layout. When I convert the file to pdf I don't get the crop marks on all sides - only in the upper left hand corner. Why is that? How can I change that?

I hope I translated everything correctly... if you have any questions ask away... and btw - I'm desperate. We worked on the brochure for 2 weeks and are now failing because of converting to pdf and packaging.

@Eyes On The Prize @BuegeSmalls

I am done with the design of my brochure. InDesign now tells me something about the cmyk color profile during preflight. Do all of my pictures need to have the cmyk color profile? Or is it enough to choose the cmyk color profile during packaging?

Next question: I have the 3mm trim in my page layout. When I convert the file to pdf I don't get the crop marks on all sides - only in the upper left hand corner. Why is that? How can I change that?

I hope I translated everything correctly... if you have any questions ask away... and btw - I'm desperate. We worked on the brochure for 2 weeks and are now failing because of converting to pdf and packaging.

I'll get back to you about the color profile thing. I'm unsure of the answer so I'll ask my supervisor what he says. Are you getting an error about the color profiles when you try to package it? Or only when you save it as a PDF?

For the crop marks: That's a strange problem. Usually when I use crop marks for PDFs, when the options box comes up, I click on the "Marks and Bleeds" tab on the side and check the boxes marked "Crop Marks" and "Use Document Bleed Settings" in the Bleed and Slug box. That usually does the trick for me. Is that what you're doing? If not, will that work for you?

Not sure about the colors. I always make my images CMYK before placing them into my document :/
Also, I agree with Eyes on the prize about the crop marks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Emily - If the CMYK issue is that you see a yellow error triangle when you go to package and you don't want to see it, you just have to convert the pictures that are RGB to CMYK. InDesign should tell you what color profile each picture has when you click on it in your links panel (Window>Links), but it has to be an image file (like jpg or png - ai, pdf, or esp won't show you).

If it's a picture file, you can easily change the color space in Photoshop (Edit>Covert to Profile and then set Destination space to "CMYK").

After you save the new picture as CMYK and relink the new picture back into your document in InDesign, you shouldn't have that error triangle when you go to package.

Let me know if this isn't what you're talking about or if this doesn't work :)

Sorry for the doublepost, but we're DONE!

We now have all the pictures in CMYK and no more yellow triangles. For the crop marks, apparently you have to have all crop mark boxes unchecked when you set your page size. After your page size is right, then you can check the crop mark boxes. At least that's what did the trick for us.
Thanks again for your help @BuegeSmalls and @Eyes On The Prize ! It was much appreciated! :kiss:

Back