OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Did you ever thoroughly clean your laptop (especially on the inside)? It definitely helped with my old laptop to quiet the fan down quite a bit.
Yep I took it in this past August to have it cleaned and they replaced the fan... I think it's worse now :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so I want to buy a Mac but I'm not sure which is better. I'm looking at the 13" MacBook Air and the 13" MacBook Pro. I've had my current laptop for four years and haven't used the disc drive in the last two so that isn't an issue for me. However, I'll hopefully be attending grad school in the fall so I need something that's going to hold up well for the next 5-6 years. Any suggestions?

I went with the air over the pro last summer. I bought the one with more memory so I paid the same price but I haven't once felt like I needed a pro over the air feature wise.

Ahhh thank you! Kind of sad that I didn't get an Asus when my dad told me to before college now hahah. I have InDesign and Photoshop running right now on my Dell and it sounds like it's gonna explode. Yikes.

I'll definitely have to check those videos out!

My son got a middle of the line ASUS for Christmas 2014. By fall the screen had separated. It worked great except sometimes he had to hold the screen together to get it to display anything. A computer friend of his said it's a known problem with ASUS. Our repair guy said it would cost $$$ to fix and he wasn't comfortable doing it. Every store we went to said they never heard of that and still recommended them.

We've always had Toshiba laptops and I love them! Never had a problem. So this Christmas we replaced his ASUS with a Toshiba.

Thank you ladies. I was just asking because I'm not quite educated on non-profit my self, but I was under the impression that non-profit means you're a charitable organization, and I'm not all that familiar with what USASF does after they get the money (other then to pay bills) so that's why it crossed my mind as to how they qualified for it.

Basically, the IRS says if you make money they get a portion of it through taxes. However, they were feeling generous so they designated certain activities as tax exempt. Lol

There are actually quite a few organizations that fall under tax exempt status other than charitable organizations. Those are just the ones we think of first.

The basic rule is the organization's main purpose is to raise funds to further the mission not to make a profit. The non profit organization (NPO) can be founded to further a cause (cancer research), charitable giving (food bank), run community sports clubs, operate school PTA's, churches, etc. An NPO can have an executive board and pay them salaries, offer benefits, etc, but their main purpose is to further their mission.

Charity Navigator is a good site to check out your favorite non profit to see how they spend their money. Not every tax exempt org is listed. All IRS designated non profits are required to file a tax return (990) and I believe they are required to be publicly available, but I'd have to double check that.

The USASF was formed to create safety standards and rules throughout the allstar cheer industry. Their "purpose" is to support the cheer industry not to make a profit so they would qualify.

This is why a lot of booster clubs are not exactly "legal", but that's a whole other discussion. Lol

Probably more than you wanted to know. Lol

I recommend purchasing an Apple computer. I know they can be expensive but they are truly worth the investment because they will last 4-5 years if not more.

But the world looked so quiet and peaceful on Friday...
a5ee4be825845f7e7dc0abfd875ba337.jpg

How could anyone be mad when you get to live out your dreams of spending the day in Narnia? Cmon parents[emoji14]

I drove to Atlantic City in that on Friday. Connecticut was awful. I sat in park on the highway because there was an accident. And one car full of teammates spun out and crashed and had to rent a car.

Needless to say, I left at 11PM on Sunday night instead of trying to drive home Monday day.

My son got a middle of the line ASUS for Christmas 2014. By fall the screen had separated. It worked great except sometimes he had to hold the screen together to get it to display anything. A computer friend of his said it's a known problem with ASUS. Our repair guy said it would cost $$$ to fix and he wasn't comfortable doing it. Every store we went to said they never heard of that and still recommended them.

We've always had Toshiba laptops and I love them! Never had a problem. So this Christmas we replaced his ASUS with a Toshiba.

I feel like my Asus is the extreme opposite lol. Mine was dropped out of a bus (by the bus driver a year after I had to have my first one replaced because of a dorm fire) and is still working. I think there's like a tiny short circuit in one of the corners so I have to be careful where I picked it up and then a little dent in the corner but thats it! I was so scared I had lost another computer.

I drove to Atlantic City in that on Friday. Connecticut was awful. I sat in park on the highway because there was an accident. And one car full of teammates spun out and crashed and had to rent a car.

Needless to say, I left at 11PM on Sunday night instead of trying to drive home Monday day.

I actually thought of you on my way to Wegmans of Friday because I remembered you were going to AC for a comp. It stopped sowing here around 4ish and I had hoped it was the same for you. I can't imagine CT traffic with snow. CT traffic without snow is not fun - especialy if you're going through NYC area. So plus snow seems like an absolute nightmare. Are all your teammates in the car that spun out ok?

Anytime a minority/the oppressed wants to embrace their "power" and empower the others in their group, the majority/the oppressors want to stop it or take it away. It's not just an issue within the black community. It happens in the feminist movement, the gay rights movement, any minority race or religion, and in many other groups. But Beyonce put it front and center on national tv at the biggest US sports event of the year and she was arguably the most iconic/influential person at that game. Thats why it's getting massive amounts of attention and backlash.

ETA: I don't always love her music but I love her metaphorical male gonads.
why do i get the feeling the NFL wont invite her back to perform after that.........( i mean didnt they stop letting "popstars" perform after janet jackson boobgate for a few years) i honestly didnt waste any of my time paying attention to any of the Superbowl shenanigans, simply because if the NY Giants arent playing im not interested. lol. But as much as a love Beyonce, i dont know if the Superbowl was the greatest place to do all that, i keep reading about how it was to honor/support the black panther party, and ehh yeah, ill just stop there at that note.

I actually thought of you on my way to Wegmans of Friday because I remembered you were going to AC for a comp. It stopped sowing here around 4ish and I had hoped it was the same for you. I can't imagine CT traffic with snow. CT traffic without snow is not fun - especialy if you're going through NYC area. So plus snow seems like an absolute nightmare. Are all your teammates in the car that spun out ok?

We left our house a little before 10am and the snow had mostly stopped when we got to Hartford. At that point the roads were wet, but clear. But man, that stretch of 84 from the CT border to Hartford took me like 2.5 hours. And the road was really bad.

why do i get the feeling the NFL wont invite her back to perform after that.........( i mean didnt they stop letting "popstars" perform after janet jackson boobgate for a few years) i honestly didnt waste any of my time paying attention to any of the Superbowl shenanigans, simply because if the NY Giants arent playing im not interested. lol. But as much as a love Beyonce, i dont know if the Superbowl was the greatest place to do all that, i keep reading about how it was to honor/support the black panther party, and ehh yeah, ill just stop there at that note.

I see what you are saying. I don't think the Superbowl invited her per se. I think Coldplay invited her to play with them. And I don't think the Superbowl stopped leting popstars perfform because Katy Perry did it last year and Madonna a few before that. I don't think Janet's performance affected who they invite to play for the most part. Beyonce doesn't need the Super Bowl to invite her back. I don't think not being asked back is even an issue to her. She's proven the past few years that she's going to do what she wants and how she wants to and doesn't care who has what to say about it.

As for it being the "right place" - depends what type of person you ask. I think people who are interested in empowering the black community and want more visibilty, I think they'd argue it was the perfect place. She reached millions of people in a millisecond. Beyonce didn't perform that song for white people. She performed it to reach out to the black community and for her it was the perfect place for her to do so. The outfits and dance might have been in honor of the BPP, but the lyrics are very much about empowering black people to overcome oppression and to learn to accept themselves for who they are. Beyonce's a smart gal, she knew exactly what she was doing and what the reaction would be. I can't, for one minute, believe she didn't see this coming.

Did you ever thoroughly clean your laptop (especially on the inside)? It definitely helped with my old laptop to quiet the fan down quite a bit.
This is reminding me if a hilarious video I found online while watching Indian soap operas. I'll post it here ASAP.

I see what you are saying. I don't think the Superbowl invited her per se. I think Coldplay invited her to play with them. And I don't think the Superbowl stopped leting popstars perfform because Katy Perry did it last year and Madonna a few before that. I don't think Janet's performance affected who they invite to play for the most part. Beyonce doesn't need the Super Bowl to invite her back. I don't think not being asked back is even an issue to her. She's proven the past few years that she's going to do what she wants and how she wants to and doesn't care who has what to say about it.

As for it being the "right place" - depends what type of person you ask. I think people who are interested in empowering the black community and want more visibilty, I think they'd argue it was the perfect place. She reached millions of people in a millisecond. Beyonce didn't perform that song for white people. She performed it to reach out to the black community and for her it was the perfect place for her to do so. The outfits and dance might have been in honor of the BPP, but the lyrics are very much about empowering black people to overcome oppression and to learn to accept themselves for who they are. Beyonce's a smart gal, she knew exactly what she was doing and what the reaction would be. I can't, for one minute, believe she didn't see this coming.

i specifically remember the superbowl did not have any popstars perform for quite a few years after what ill call "boobgate", i think they started to have more rock and country right after that scandal for a few years until things settled down, etc. Again i have no idea of the song, expect the things ive heard about it (mainly the music video). Considering how PC of a world it is now, your gonna piss people off regardless of what you may think is right or wrong these days.... oh well.

i just need the NYG to get their crap together for next season....

Back