OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I'm full of the random questions today. Anyone have a mac with Microsoft Office? I had it in school but now I got a new computer. Is the only Office they offer now this yearly subscription stuff? Like this: Microsoft Office 365 Personal (1-year Subscription; 1 License) - Apple

I don't really want to pay annually forever. I just want to pay a flat fee now and get the office products (really just Word, Excel, maybe PowerPoint) Anyone advice?
I usually use google docs

I usually use google docs
That worked decent for me this past year. But I'm a uniform rep and pretty much ALL their forms require excel to format. There's a weird roundabout way to work it, but it's just not worth the hassle anymore haha.

That worked decent for me this past year. But I'm a uniform rep and pretty much ALL their forms require excel to format. There's a weird roundabout way to work it, but it's just not worth the hassle anymore haha.
I found the one time fee office on Best Buy's website for Mac at least.

I found the one time fee office on Best Buy's website for Mac at least.
I did too. I sent it to my stepdad, who offered to buy it for me for Christmas. I think he forgot, so I'm kind of trying to plant that seed again. Then my mom said he didn't really want to spend over $100. WELL my birthday is next week now, so this can be a Christmas/birthday gift, lol

So back to the Mac talk, I'm going into 10th grade next year. I want to ask my mother for a Mac laptop for Christmas, but I'm not really sure which one. Currently I am using an iPad for school but I think I will want something with a keyboard, disk drive and flash player for the senior years. Any tips for school macs?

I know Apple is quite expensive, but I prefer the OS over Windows.

So back to the Mac talk, I'm going into 10th grade next year. I want to ask my mother for a Mac laptop for Christmas, but I'm not really sure which one. Currently I am using an iPad for school but I think I will want something with a keyboard, disk drive and flash player for the senior years. Any tips for school macs?

I know Apple is quite expensive, but I prefer the OS over Windows.
Only the MacBook Pro has a disk drive at this point, but I'm not sure if all of the models still have it. You can always buy an adaptor though for an air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Mac desktop that I love and a Sony laptop that I loathe haha. I don't believe I'll need anything Mac specific but the grad program I will most likely be attending uses iPads and I want something that will be compatible with that since I'm stupid with technology. I much prefer how my desktop works as compared to how my laptop works.

I've had a MacBook for 6 years and the only thing I've had to replace has been the charging cable and I need a new battery. MacBooks are wayyy more durable than a PC. You won't get the blue screen issue, software updates are free, customer service is amazing. I make an appt in store and they fix my computer on the spot. Apple can remotely fix it too if you can't go in they just need your IP and such to do it. I've had nothing but amazing things to say about every apple product I own and would never buy a PC again. I was pretty nervous to make the switch too but it was a great decision.

Yep, agree in terms of the Macs. I've had one for 8 years (not the same one) and I won't go back to a PC. I have the Air, which is super light for taking to class. I recommend this one over the Pro, especially since your backpack will have books and other things in it and all that gets heavy. And, when you a Mac, the Apple Store can be your lifesaver and they know exactly how to fix the problem since it's their product to begin with.

Only the MacBook Pro has a disk drive at this point, but I'm not sure if all of the models still have it. You can always buy an adaptor though for an air.

They don't. My oldest bought a new one for college over the summer. She had not used her disk drive in years and felt there was no reason to even buy an external one at that point, and still hasn't.

I wish I had my Air in college. I had the regular old white macbook that they don't make anymore and I lugged it around to all my classes. The Air is so light and I love it.

I have a Pro 2012 version and the only thing I had to replace was the charger bc my cat chewed it [emoji58] I will never buy a Windows/pic again. I had my brothers old dell laptop before that and I HATED it bc it would crap out on me in the middle of a paper bc the charger was messed up and needed to be plugged in 24/7. #macfoeva

One of my friends has to either get a new battery or her entire Mac replaced and shes only had it a year. It makes me nervous because we got ours around the same time and its the exact same model. I realize her issue is probably a fluke but whatever.

One of my friends has to either get a new battery or her entire Mac replaced and shes only had it a year. It makes me nervous because we got ours around the same time and its the exact same model. I realize her issue is probably a fluke but whatever.

If she uses her laptop while its plugged in a lot, that could be a reason her battery needs replacing and yours doesn't. I did that with my first laptop's battery :oops:

Back