OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Hard but in some instances not impossible

Anyway my post is directed toward the able bodied adults that I have been friends with who have shared gofundme accounts for fellow able bodied adults who died suddenly without a life insurance policy. There comes a point in life where as an adult you need to make sure you have all the insurances....Car. Home. Life. Renters. Health. Etc. if it applies to your life, you need to find a way.

As a working, able bodied adult I do my part (I have 2 life insurance policies) to ensure that when I meet my demise, my family will not have to GoFund my funeral

I'm very harsh, cold and steadfast when it comes to this. Admittedly. I hate buy what you want, beg for what you need people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was once asked to contribute to an international adoption fundraiser trivia night (which I am generally not opposed to as I know it is expensive and very few people have the $30,000-50,000 upfront.)

Then I saw the couple for whom the trivia night benefitted going on a CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.

What.

I was once asked to contribute to an international adoption fundraiser trivia night (which I am generally not opposed to as I know it is expensive and very few people have the $30,000-50,000 upfront.)

Then I saw the couple for whom the trivia night benefitted going on a CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.

What.

See. No. I'd never donate to someone for adoption purposes. Adoption is great. It's awesome. If you can AFFORD adoption you should certainly do it

I also never donate to people with these mission trips to Haiti and African countries etc. If you feel so inclined to pose with a brown kid looking like a savior for Facebook, I can find you a housing project right here stateside that needs your help.... With plenty of poor kids to pose with. We have poor, sick and underserved kids in the US that you can come mission to.

But like I said. I'm harsh about this stuff.

See. No. I'd never donate to someone for adoption purposes. Adoption is great. It's awesome. If you can AFFORD adoption you should certainly do it

I also never donate to people with these mission trips to Haiti and African countries etc. If you feel so inclined to pose with a brown kid looking like a savior for Facebook, I can find you a housing project right here stateside that needs your help.... With plenty of poor kids to pose with. We have poor, sick and underserved kids in the US that you can come mission to.

Plus a lot of those missionary programs are used as cover operations for child sex trafficking rings. It's horrifying.

What?

**please raise your hand if you're related to Jocelyn**
Should have used more accurate wording; people use things like missionary programs, organizations set up to supposedly help children (like those that deal with childhood obesity, for example), are used as coverups for pedophile rings. It's horrifying.

It's interesting that you should say this. My church does these types of trips and the teens in youth group are always super interested in applying for them.

My pastor won't consider their apps unless they've done so many hours of our domestic mission opportunities (in the projects, handing out coats, serving lunch, etc.)

Surprisingly, most teens don't do it.

It is really hard to get life insurance for your child when they have medical issues

I will be in remission 25 years this summer and still do not qualify for a private policy. It's insanity!

*The day Susie was not full of sunshine.*

Back