OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I use my tax refund to pay for myself to go to wherever my school is going for NCAA hockey regionals.

I just really hope they aren't sent to St. Paul this year.

My husband and I always end up with significant refunds. He works 2 jobs, 1 full time and 1 casual, and has extra income taxes deducted from each because we never know what tax bracket he'll actually end up being in.
This was our last year for claiming a particular Manitoba tax credit for post secondary education. I get lucky in claiming RRSP investments, bus passes and our rent.

Next year, we'll claim all kinds of things under the First Time Home Buyers program, but we sure won't have much in investments since the house IS now our biggest investment. Thankfully we both have jobs with great pensions and no risk of layoff from any economic factors. (DH is a firefighter full time and a paramedic casually and I work for a union of our federal government).

I think if I had to attempt to file American taxes my head would explode. All I know about it is from watching TV where people drown in receipts. I don't think I kept any receipts this year!

@ErinS, yes, I understand the idea of not wanting to get a refund, geesh, but I chase down every deductions street, avenue, etc and I donate, pay loads toward charities, etc... and I still must repay Uncle Sam back $$$thousands in taxes every year, somehow, I've grown to hate tax season...

PS: I may end up like 1 of my Uncle (15 years ago), who got audited because he had a strange tax form, when he filed he had over 50 dependents, including me, my brothers, cousins, 6 dogs, 7 grandkids, umpteen great grandkids-some were not even born yet, neighbors' kids, etc...If my Uncle ever given you any money, example birthdays, baby showers, any kind of celebrations, etc... If my Uncle gave you $5 or more, he added your name to his taxes as a dependent... However, the computer system really messed him up...he had no SS#s for all his pets...Thank God, the IRS, took my Uncle's age in account and not arrest him, but he was forced to give back the money... Crazy, but true! Lol

My advice/situation only works for those making between. $45k and like $70k with no dependents

Excited About That Big Tax Refund? Think Again. - US News

You Could Be Losing Out If You Are Getting A Big Tax Refund

The bad news about good tax refunds

Seriously single people. Adjust your with holdings and put the money away yourself

Don't get me started on an EITC rant. It's a welfare. It's there to push people over the poverty line. You're getting back money you didn't put in.

Bye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am pretty sure you are a lovely lady...but don't get offended if I am not jumping up and down with glee for you...:(

I think, the last time I got a refund was probably 30 years ago and that was when my son (28 yo) was in daycare, ca-ching!
The funniest part was when I went to pay the $5 they let me post date it. Anytime through April 15. I picked April 15 just to be equally as petty.

I owed the state of North Carolina five dollars this year. FIVE. DOLLARS. First time I've ever owed. #petty

My federal refund was significantly less than I thought it would be as well. Then I broke my computer screen the other day so anything I'm getting back it going to that. HOORAY TAX SEASON.
I owed Illinois 3 dollars one year. Thy considered it the tax you were supposed to pay on online purchases where you didn't have to. You were supposed to keep track of everything you didn't pay tax on and then pay it at tax time. Of course nobody did that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The funniest part was when I went to pay the $5 they let me post date it. Anytime through April 15. I picked April 15 just to be equally as petty.

I've gotten a $1 refund check for the past 4 years from Uncle Sam. Like don't even send me that, you know I'm not gonna cash it. It probably cost more that a dollar to print it out and send it to me...

This may seem like a no brainier and I am sorry for asking what may seem like a dumb question, but is US Finals a sanctioned event? For some reason I always thought they are independent

Perfectionism will be the death of me. *insert melancholy chuckle* I just realized how messed up my view of myself is. I have a hard time accepting compliments because in my head, if I am not part of the 98th percentile or higher in anything, that I shouldn't give myself credit. As if doing that would mean that I'm giving myself a pat on the back for being considered exceptional when measured against a mediocre standard. Even my perfectionist thoughts toward any work I produce come so naturally that it's hard to stop them sometimes, though I am improving. I know this is the 3rd time I've mentioned it on here but it really is that bad.

And I'm late to the party as usual, but...

I'm a Libra (born on the Libra-Scorpio cusp, if you believe in cusps)

I've taken the MB test twice before (forgot my results but I know that I'm an introvert), but I took it again today and I'm INFP-T. Makes complete sense because I am a mediator at heart.

IDK why but I've been mourning the loss of Old Kanye and bumping his old singles since yesterday. The man needs therapy.

Back