OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Crying b/c our women's team also made it to the big dance. We haven't had both teams make it since 1994.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay! I don't think I'm going to be able to select your schools in my bracket though.... Maayyyyybe first round. Maybe

I'm disappointed USC (the REAL USC...Carolina) Men's failed to make the NCAA. Their season went form 100 to 0 real quick.

My undergrad Alma Mater was SOOOOOOO close to winning the Big South to get an automatic bid...but they blew a lead against UNC Asheville and lost the Big South Championship. So disappointing.

But Whoop Whoop for USC Women's being a #1 seed! I'm going to the selection show tonight and I have tickets the first two rounds (I went to Jacksonville last weekend and saw them win the SEC championship). Fingers crossed they play Friday and Sunday this week and not Saturday Monday...

Anyway... Does Fierceboard do NCAA tournament brackets? I just got finished crying in Starbucks to my mom because I no longer have coworkers to do brackets with. My current coworkers don't "do sports".

(

The math geek in me cannot resist wishing everybody a good pi day !

Piday.jpg

Yay! I don't think I'm going to be able to select your schools in my bracket though.... Maayyyyybe first round. Maybe

I'm disappointed USC (the REAL USC...Carolina) Men's failed to make the NCAA. Their season went form 100 to 0 real quick.

My undergrad Alma Mater was SOOOOOOO close to winning the Big South to get an automatic bid...but they blew a lead against UNC Asheville and lost the Big South Championship. So disappointing.

But Whoop Whoop for USC Women's being a #1 seed! I'm going to the selection show tonight and I have tickets the first two rounds (I went to Jacksonville last weekend and saw them win the SEC championship). Fingers crossed they play Friday and Sunday this week and not Saturday Monday...

Anyway... Does Fierceboard do NCAA tournament brackets? I just got finished crying in Starbucks to my mom because I no longer have coworkers to do brackets with. My current coworkers don't "do sports".

(
Hahah that's fine. I have them going to the sweet 16 in one and the second round in another.

After this weekend, I think our women's team has a shot at sweet 16 too, not sure who they're playing yet but I'm confident in them.

I'd love to do a FB bracket!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(

I think we have had them in the past. @Ashley ?

(
such.a.screw.job
I get that they lost a couple of key games, but they lost to Georgia by 1 in the final seconds of the tournament quarter finals, Georgia then took Kentucky to overtime in the semi-finals, and Kentucky barely got by Texas A&M, who USC beat. Every one of those teams deserves to be there. USC has a better record than 9 of the top 25 teams, has the same # of wins as another 9. Syracuse barely has a winning record and lost to teams USC beat. USC beat teams that are in the tournament. Holy Cross - really???? They have a losing record, a 5-13 conference record!
I'm bitter

such.a.screw.job
I get that they lost a couple of key games, but they lost to Georgia by 1 in the final seconds of the tournament quarter finals, Georgia then took Kentucky to overtime in the semi-finals, and Kentucky barely got by Texas A&M, who USC beat. Every one of those teams deserves to be there. USC has a better record than 9 of the top 25 teams, has the same # of wins as another 9. Syracuse barely has a winning record and lost to teams USC beat. USC beat teams that are in the tournament. Holy Cross - really???? They have a losing record, a 5-13 conference record!
I'm bitter
I think Holy Cross won their conference tournament, giving them an automatic birth. BUT STILL, it's ridiculous. South Carolina is the FIRST EVER 24 win team from a major conference to not make the tournament. It's so frustrating. I wouldn't have been that upset at being left out, but some of the teams who got in over them is what's annoying so many.

Ugh. Once again, #MarchSadness

And I'll set up a bracket challenge this afternoon and make a new thread for it!

Last edited:
such.a.screw.job
I'm bitter

I'm not bitter about it. We're just going to dominate the Not in Tournament Tournament. Like Sindarius tweeted...back to work. We will win this. I'm considering going to the game tomorrow. Whoop.

But I would have at least thought Carolina would get the play in game over Vandy...

And yeah. The Georgia game and one point WTF

Has anyone watched the family on ABC? What are your thoughts?

It's set in Maine (my homeland) and it REALLY bothers me that they took zero effort to actually make it...Maine. Like the first thing you see is the billboard about her being mayor--and billboards are illegal in Maine.

such.a.screw.job
I'm bitter

yooooo don't hate on Holy Cross they won the Patriot's League. They punched their ticket.

Syracuse tho? That's a disgrace. St. Bonaventure got screwed as well.

Random aside: Holy Cross beating Minnesota in the NCAA hockey tournament back in 2006 from the student radio announcers' POV is my favorite video on YouTube.

(Minnesota had something like 234908234 NHL draft picks on that team and Holy Cross had an autobid and a dream.)

yooooo don't hate on Holy Cross they won the Patriot's League. They punched their ticket.

Syracuse tho? That's a disgrace. St. Bonaventure got screwed as well.

Random aside: Holy Cross beating Minnesota in the NCAA hockey tournament back in 2006 from the student radio announcers' POV is my favorite video on YouTube.

(Minnesota had something like 234908234 NHL draft picks on that team and Holy Cross had an autobid and a dream.)

not hating. Holy Cross is in my neck of the woods, so I'm happy for them.
They would have gotten killed in most other divisions, but I agree that since they won their <albeit crap> division they deserve their ticket. Tulsa, Vandy, Syracuse don't.
I didn't give a hoot about college basketball a year ago, but I paid attention this year, and the politics are eye-opening. I'm thinking this year's cheer score sheets are more objective.....:eek::mad::p

Derailing from the sports talk for a bit:

@MOPSMommy1 @Eyes On The Prize (They only have two songs on this. But Lin mentioned on twitter that "One Last Time" is gonna be on the documentary, so there's that to look forward to.)
Skip to around 53:00 for the fun stuff:

I was trying to watch/listen to this at work today and the feed kept cutting in and out on the white house's end. Thanks Obama.

Also I lowkey think Michelle Obama only did this for herself. So she could have a free show in her "living room".

Back