OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
It was just a one time thing because she was sick. Its just so hard to find someone to fill in for a six hour shift the day of during college which is why I hate the longer shifts.
Can't anyone else take her shift? They just might have to be short staffed for a day.

ok i got more questions for restaurant people, will i have to know the oz /fl oz. for each ingredient in the dish (im guessing not...) also are menu test usually set up like a combination of multiple choice, matching etc.
i cant really imagine everything (75+) items being fill in the blank, tbh. this is a brand new concept restaurant so i have really nothing to go by. Im going based off what ive looked up, and im thinking it will look more like a carrabba's menu test looks like. (its the most extensive one ive found),
*ive tagged the people that helped me early* thank you guys for the help.

@U.E. Cheer @mstealtoyou @Just-a-Mom

I have had tests that were literally just a list of the menu item and we had to write out all ingredients (no measurements, just ingredients - except like msteal said the portion sizes on proteins). But I've also had multiple choice ones more often.

You'll be fine! This is a very long process lol - we usually only got about 2-3 days to learn all of ours. (even in new restaurants that were just opening)

@quitthedrama

I feel like your daughter got to wear her rain boots today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
haha yup! Although she wasn't wearing them when the skies opened up and she had to walk back to her dorm from class. She called me and she was freaking out because she has never seen so much rain at once - that was a hurricane to her! I love the videos of kids tubing down the street. They cancelled classes in the afternoon and for real I bet some of the streets were flooded where she would be up to her neck if she went outside!
I'm hoping it will stay dry for at least the start of the game. I'd love for DH to get some photos of the team before the hair is ruined :p

haha yup! Although she wasn't wearing them when the skies opened up and she had to walk back to her dorm from class. She called me and she was freaking out because she has never seen so much rain at once - that was a hurricane to her! I love the videos of kids tubing down the street. They cancelled classes in the afternoon and for real I bet some of the streets were flooded where she would be up to her neck if she went outside!
I'm hoping it will stay dry for at least the start of the game. I'd love for DH to get some photos of the team before the hair is ruined :p

I work outside of Columbia and didn't realize how bad it was until I took a lunch break and checked my phone. We just got average rain where I was.

I'm hoping it stays dry Saturday. Tonight on the news they said the rain for the most part should clear out in the morning and it'll be cloudy with a slight(er) chance of rain in the afternoon. My mom and her sorority sister decided last minute to go to go to the game.....so they will be out there in Carolina ponchos I tracked down for them

I think we should be fine for game time! (knock on wood.) Looks like the biggest chance earrrrrly that morning and that night.

I work outside of Columbia and didn't realize how bad it was until I took a lunch break and checked my phone. We just got average rain where I was.

I'm hoping it stays dry Saturday. Tonight on the news they said the rain for the most part should clear out in the morning and it'll be cloudy with a slight(er) chance of rain in the afternoon. My mom and her sorority sister decided last minute to go to go to the game.....so they will be out there in Carolina ponchos I tracked down for them

I just ran a category on Jeopardy because of this post and from following college cheer teams on Instagram. So thank you!

I'm in Columbia for a few days. I had to go buy warm clothes because I was not prepared - it is so cold here! Brrrrrr!!! I guess I'm just used to the surface-of-the-sun climate of Alabama...

@Eyes On The Prize I don't know if you pre-ordered the Hamilton soundtrack... But it's out on iTunes already.

Only when we stop stopping our lives can we begin to start starting them.

I decided to wait for the physical CD to come out in October, but thanks! :) I haven't bought an actual CD in years so I'm kind of excited for this.

Did you get a chance to listen through the whole thing?

ETA: Did you hear Lin is writing/wrote a book on the making of Hamilton? It comes out in April.

Last edited:
I'm in Columbia for a few days. I had to go buy warm clothes because I was not prepared - it is so cold here! Brrrrrr!!! I guess I'm just used to the surface-of-the-sun climate of Alabama...

Columbia, Sc or Columbia, Mo? Because despite our rain we've been holding it down in the 80s

Back