OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
blah i hate summer already and it only just started like 2-3 weeks ago, i feel like i wont have any time for anything because work is exhausting me and all my super close friends live 40 minutes away as well as my boyfriend, im so stressed out and i hate not having a social life or cheerleading i miss it so much and theres nothing i can do to get back in it

I see! We don't need certain grades to graduate, we leave school at 15/16 not matter what. Your stuck with the grades you get and they are your qualifications that help you get a job.

Yeah in the US (I believe in most if not all state) you must pass your state graduate exams in order to graduate. You take it your junior year and if you don't pass it you have to retake it until you do. On top of that you have finals at the end of each semester. Here you are in high school until 17 or 18 (depending on your birthday) and then go to college from there.

It is always interesting to learn how schools work in different parts of the world. I always get confused when I try and learn how other systems work.

Yeah in the US (I believe in most if not all state) you must pass your state graduate exams in order to graduate. You take it your junior year and if you don't pass it you have to retake it until you do. On top of that you have finals at the end of each semester. Here you are in high school until 17 or 18 (depending on your birthday) and then go to college from there.

It is always interesting to learn how schools work in different parts of the world. I always get confused when I try and learn how other systems work.

Mine was sophomore year!

I don't know whether you know this but us here in the UK have to take your type of 'finals' as you call in it America, but there called GSCE's here. However we, take them at 15/16. Mine start in 2 weeks, and I have 11 in total over the course of 2 months. There's only so much information my brain can withhold. HELP :banghead:
I've done GCSEs, A Levels and a Degree. I think GCSEs were probably the most stressful (sorry probably not what you want to hear) buuuuuuuuut I'm sure you'll get through it. It will seem like there is no light at the end of the tunnel and you'll be forever writing your name and candidate number on the front of exam papers. There is hope! You'll be fine, just keep revising and eat lots of brainy foods! Remember, you do get at least 1 point for writing your name on the front of the paper.

So here's an update on my father:

He came home Tuesday night. They determined (somehow, I don't get doctors these days still, lol) that he had a stroke on Monday morning. They think it was caused by the hole in his heart that they found (that nobody knew about because he's never had heart problems) because it had a clot in it. He also found out that sometimes (like very very rarely) he has an irregular heartbeat. They also determined that his good cholesterol was too low. So now he'll be taking a blood thinner to reduce the stress on his heart to pump blood through it. They also put him on a drug to increase his good cholesterol (I can't remember the name of it, but it's very common). So now we're having to change our diets a bit overall, low/no sodium and a limited amount of leafy greens. He goes back to the doctor tomorrow to check his cholesterol levels.

Thank you all for your prayers! I'm just glad everything is going in the right direction for now. :)

Oh & sorry for the double post.. but I just need to let out all of my excitement to (hopefully, fingers crossed) fly to Texas in a few weeks (possibly a few times)! I'm so over this bipolar Ohio weather, I need some sun and a tan already! :D

I've done GCSEs, A Levels and a Degree. I think GCSEs were probably the most stressful (sorry probably not what you want to hear) buuuuuuuuut I'm sure you'll get through it. It will seem like there is no light at the end of the tunnel and you'll be forever writing your name and candidate number on the front of exam papers. There is hope! You'll be fine, just keep revising and eat lots of brainy foods! Remember, you do get at least 1 point for writing your name on the front of the paper.

Aha, thankyou! Made my day :p

So here's an update on my father:

He came home Tuesday night. They determined (somehow, I don't get doctors these days still, lol) that he had a stroke on Monday morning. They think it was caused by the hole in his heart that they found (that nobody knew about because he's never had heart problems) because it had a clot in it. He also found out that sometimes (like very very rarely) he has an irregular heartbeat. They also determined that his good cholesterol was too low. So now he'll be taking a blood thinner to reduce the stress on his heart to pump blood through it. They also put him on a drug to increase his good cholesterol (I can't remember the name of it, but it's very common). So now we're having to change our diets a bit overall, low/no sodium and a limited amount of leafy greens. He goes back to the doctor tomorrow to check his cholesterol levels.

Thank you all for your prayers! I'm just glad everything is going in the right direction for now. :)
This is great news to hear :)

My ex called me like an hour ago & left a message. I just got around to listening to it and I am dying over here with laughter. It might seem me cause he told me that I "hurt his feelings" but I can't help but find this hilarious seeing as I really don't have anything to do with him ever so I don't know why he pulls stunts like this, HA HA shame on you.

I had to miss my last ever All-Star cheer banquet for my college tryouts :(

ETA: as well as the funeral of one of the special needs students that I teach. Please keep his family in your prayers!

Latest posts

Back