OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
My Grandpa Larry passed away today :( and now my stepmom won't be attending my hrs dusting ceremony or my grad party, but I don't blame her. I wish I could do something for her but I can't. And my mom is mad at me for refusing to go to my commencement church service tonight because I've been bawling since I found out the news.

My mom wants a Pandora bracelet and she only wears gold. So I went looking at how much it would cost, and the 14k gold bracelet alone costs around $1,400. :eek: I know that it's probably so expensive because the price of gold right now is ridiculous.

But does anyone know of any less expensive companies that do charm-like bracelets? I feel like Pandora is really expensive all around because of how popular it is and how well-known it has become.

xo sarah Surely your mom knows how much the gold is. Unless she has specifically said she would only want gold, she might have already decided silver would be fine. It never hurts to ask. Also, people do mix their gold and silver jewelry now. And Pandora does have two tone (gold with silver) charms. You could start her with a silver bracelet and one silver/gold mixed charm and than gradually add silver charms and an occasional gold charm so that the bracelet itself is two-toned. If you typically only bought the spacers in gold, that would add the gold to the bracelet without being as ridiculously expensive as the larger all gold charms are. I typically wear gold earrings and necklaces, but I will wear my silver pandora anyway. Just some thoughts.

xo sarah Oops, almost forgot, Pandora has promotions every few months. The typical promotion is that if you buy a certain $ amount of charms, you get the silver bracelet for free. That savings can easily pay for another silver charm, or a majority of a silver/gold charm. So if you decide to go the Pandora route call the store and find out when their next promotion weekend will be, but I think they have at least 3 or 4 a year.

My mom wants a Pandora bracelet and she only wears gold. So I went looking at how much it would cost, and the 14k gold bracelet alone costs around $1,400. :eek: I know that it's probably so expensive because the price of gold right now is ridiculous.

But does anyone know of any less expensive companies that do charm-like bracelets? I feel like Pandora is really expensive all around because of how popular it is and how well-known it has become.

I have a Chamilia bracelet that is almost identical to a Pandora bracelet. I'm not sure how much they are since my boyfriend got it for me but it's something to look in to.

aggie1983, thanks about the promotion thing! I really had no idea about that, lol. She does know how much gold is (she just went with me the other day to get my grandma's gold ring re-sized for me). But she also mention how she really likes the gold and how she wishes there were more gold bracelets/charms. I thought I might get the silver bracelet with the gold clasp and then get some two-toned charms for it.

aggie1983, thanks about the promotion thing! I really had no idea about that, lol. She does know how much gold is (she just went with me the other day to get my grandma's gold ring re-sized for me). But she also mention how she really likes the gold and how she wishes there were more gold bracelets/charms. I thought I might get the silver bracelet with the gold clasp and then get some two-toned charms for it.
That is very sweet of you, and I suspect she would be tickled with anything you did.

I have a Chamilia bracelet that is almost identical to a Pandora bracelet. I'm not sure how much they are since my boyfriend got it for me but it's something to look in to.
I looked at their website and now I'm kind of obsessed with the fact they have Disney beads/charms. Given my love of all things Disney, I really kind of want a bracelet with a ton of them now, lol.

Latest posts

Back