OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
kristenthegreat I've got family in Northern Ireland so I've been over and done a lout of the touristy stuff: Giant's Causeway was really impressive (must have been considering I enjoyed it even when I was about 12...) and the rope bridge (I assume the same one that fiercerando88 mentioned) really did give some spectacular views. We went to the Bushmills distillery as well which was surprisingly interesting (and obviously there's the Guinness brewery in Dublin).
The only other place I can remember we went to was Portrush, but the only thing I can remember is the beach, not sure if there was anything more interesting there!
I hope you have a good time anyway, I'm sure there's plenty to do :)

kristenthegreat We usually stay in Connemara, in a town right outside of Clifden which is about 3 hours north of Shannon; we love the west coast. Kylemore Abbey is beautiful. We've been to Inishmore and biked around there; also been to Inishbofin (not an Aran Island) which you get to from the ferry in Cleggan. I personally am not a happy ferry rider and usually go inside and close my eyes for the entire trip, but it is worth it when you get there.
We loved Westport House (but then again we were there with the kids) and Achill Island both of which I think are in County Mayo. There are abandoned ruins you can hike around on Achill if you like that.
We have never been further north on the east coast than Howth but Giant's Causeway is top on our list for our next trip there.

Thanks everyone! I've been Around a fair bit of the south and bit of the east, but west and north are very much new to me! Can't wait to go, I'm SO excited! :cheering:

so I just had a phone interview for an amazing job.. and i have no idea how it went :confused:

the interviewer started off the conversation by saying, "we do things different here. i'm going to ask you questions, but your answers aren't what's important. I'm a behavior analyst."

so.. she's that good that she can interpret my behavior over the phone? I hate that I have no idea how it went or if I "passed" to go onto the next round of interviews.

weird.

Went to the grocery store and bought 2 SmartBalance spreadable butters ($2.79 each regularly), 3 boxes of Kleenex hand towels ($2.99 each regularly), and 1 box of Honey Bunches of Oats Fruit Blends ($3.99 regularly) and only spent $3.21 after tax (would have been $2.90 without it) :)

congratulations to LA Kings on the cup win <33 you may not be san jose but your still a cali team so i gotchu ;) haha but actually so glad it wasnt the devils :cloud9:

Went to the grocery store and bought 2 SmartBalance spreadable butters ($2.79 each regularly), 3 boxes of Kleenex hand towels ($2.99 each regularly), and 1 box of Honey Bunches of Oats Fruit Blends ($3.99 regularly) and only spent $3.21 after tax (would have been $2.90 without it) :)
Teach me your waaaays :help:

Teach me your waaaays :help:
Well, I actually coupon a lot, lol.. and then I combine my coupons with sales at my local grocery stores cause we don't have any of the "big box" stores (Walmart, Target, etc. nearby) using a website like Coupon Mom so I can check my local stores a lot better and it tells me what coupon insert the coupon was in or where I can/could print it off my computer.

Like my trip yesterday the SmartBalance butter was 2/$3 so $1.50 each. I had a $0.75 coupon which doubled to $1.50 so it was completely free. The Kleenex hand towels were on sale 2/$4 and I had $0.75 coupon that doubled to $1.50 so one box was $0.50 and on top of that, every box had a $0.50 coupon peelie on it, so I used two of those on the other two boxes, so they were each $1.00. The Honey Bunches of Oats were 5/$10 (ridiculously good price anyway when they're typically $3.99 each) and I had a coupon for $0.80 off, so the box I bought was only $0.40.

I went the day before and also bought some Emerald Breakfast on the Go's for $1.50 after coupon instead of $3.49.

And all of that is probably super nerdy/weird, but I promise I'm not crazy & only buy stuff my family uses, lol. No stockpile here like those crazies on TLC.

The problem with couponing in NYC is that we don't have a lot of the stores that double coupons.. or stores that offer really good deals.

Also- on Pinterest in the fitness section, I saw an ab workout..the girl in the picture was wearing a CHEETAHS uni! I felt like I was in on a little secret.

Back