OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
im getting my braces on the 18th:( and mean girls=my life
Don't worry, braces aren't too bad. I had them for 7 years because my teeth were awful (and I was missing 2 adult teeth so everything had shifted and it took longer to get the spacing all correct). The things I've had to had done on my teeth after I got my braces off were worse than the actual process of having them.

I hate being an international cheerleader. All the rules discussion recently has made me realise no one wants to see us or our division at Worlds.

I never ever thought I'd say this, but I wish I wasn't going.

Don't worry, braces aren't too bad. I had them for 7 years because my teeth were awful (and I was missing 2 adult teeth so everything had shifted and it took longer to get the spacing all correct). The things I've had to had done on my teeth after I got my braces off were worse than the actual process of having them.
Yikes! Seven years!! My nine-year old is missing four or five adult teeth and some that have come in are crooked. Her orthodontist told me to have patience. We don't go back till October to see if she's ready for braces.

Yikes! Seven years!! My nine-year old is missing four or five adult teeth and some that have come in are crooked. Her orthodontist told me to have patience. We don't go back till October to see if she's ready for braces.
I didn't even lose most of my baby teeth until I was about 14 (and my ortho wouldn't put braces on until they were all out) and by then, all my teeth had all shifted forward because I was missing the two adult teeth on the outside of my two front teeth. I've finally had 1 tooth finished so it looks normal, and I'm waiting to get the post put in for the implant on the other side and then in another 6 months, I'll finally have all my adult teeth. It strangely excites me, haha. :)

I didn't even lose most of my baby teeth until I was about 14 (and my ortho wouldn't put braces on until they were all out) and by then, all my teeth had all shifted forward because I was missing the two adult teeth on the outside of my two front teeth. I've finally had 1 tooth finished so it looks normal, and I'm waiting to get the post put in for the implant on the other side and then in another 6 months, I'll finally have all my adult teeth. It strangely excites me, haha. :)
That's a really long time for you to get everything in place. I totally understand the excitement of having it finished!!

I hate being an international cheerleader. All the rules discussion recently has made me realise no one wants to see us or our division at Worlds.

Please don't think that, I have never been to Worlds, but if I were going I would love to see the international teams. You're going to have a wonderful time, please enjoy it.:cheering:

So not true, the International divisions are my favorite divisions because it is truly a worlds competition because there are other countries competing against the US.

Skittles I wish I was going to worlds JUST so I could watch you and Eddie stunt. You're amazing and you belong on that stage. Go and meet Mamarazzi and she will give you a big fierce hug from me. I know both of us will be cheering you on.

Skittles I wish I was going to worlds JUST so I could watch you and Eddie stunt. You're amazing and you belong on that stage. Go and meet Mamarazzi and she will give you a big fierce hug from me. I know both of us will be cheering you on.
Thank you. I'm just having a pre-worlds freak out/pity party :( When there's only a handful of people in the country who are working elite skills, and you and your base are both learning at the same time, it can be incredibly frustrating. We don't even have a coach, just friends and fellow athletes that drop by to help us out. If I had all the time and money, I'd die to go to an LSU game with you! Btw, I hope Chico is doing okay with his rehab.

I know it's frustrating, sweet pea. And I won't pretend that I understand the new rules for international. But I don't want to hear you talk like that, ever. You and Eddie have worked too hard for you to just blow that off. You've endured too much wondering and waiting - all the while still busting your behinds. Personally, I have an enormous amount of respect for anyone that can start cheering at your age, and do it as well as you can.
You earned the chance to perform what you love, and whether you do it in front of 1 or 1,000, YOU did it. YOU made it happen. Hit that floor and werk your fierceness, babe. Be proud!

Spoiled rant ahead:
I'm blessed to do what I love, but I hate when what I love is messed up by other people. I auditioned to shoot this film in FEBRUARY. It's been pushed off and pushed off and the dude finally decides he wants to shoot at the end of April, fine. Except, oh wait, I have other commitments that are keeping to their schedules that quite frankly I care about SO much more. I haven't had this script all this time, and he's essentially saying "I want you to film this scene like this with this action and these emotions and this will be your interpretation. In 2 weeks." NO room for creativity, it's horrendously uninteresting, and it's basically some guys dream-world imagining. Which isn't as fun as it sounds when you have to partake in it, because it boxes you in to one aspect and one vision, horrendously black-and-white. Particularly if it's some guys creeper-fantasy or clearly one-sided interpretation of their life and its events. The clothes he wants me to wear are going to clash HORRENDOUSLY- seriously, striped shirt and striped leggings? I'm going to look like a mime..or just unable to dress myself. Or like a clown. I HATE clowns, plus I have to FIND striped leggings and go buy them. I'm wholly uninterested in promoting it now because it's become this dead weight chained to me I can't get rid of. I've already moved on emotionally to other projects and things, it's like a bad breakup you can't shake off. Ugh. #whinyrantover

Back