OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Now there's a high probability that I'll be moving to Texas over the summer..
confused0025.gif
we love it here although I have been here only 2 weeks!:)
What part of Texas if you do move?!

we love it here although I have been here only 2 weeks!:)
What part of Texas if you do move?!
Just south of the Houston area. Dad's job would be in Freeport (cause I'd rather move with them than stay up here in the snowy tundra). I don't know a thing about Texas (or even any state west of Ohio, lol) and I have no idea what cities even exist about halfway between Freeport and Houston. But I'd probably end up going to UH and the warm weather year round and beach nearby wouldn't be too bad either, haha. :cool:

KU lost last night :( my dad, papa, and great grandpa are all Alumni and it was safe to say that there were tears all around in my house last night. Even though we had a great rebuilding year.

Wrote a letter to my mom to convince her to let me go to worlds seeing as I'm 17 years old and somehow she doesn't see how important this is to me after 11 years of cheer. Come home to find it in the trash can. LOL thanks mom even though last year you told me if I saved my money I could go. A year later and I have all the money plus some and she wants to act like she didn't say it. Parents...

She didn't have a standing full, she just did one on a trampoline. I think she does have a running full though. Here's a video of her tumbling from a few weeks ago: New pass;) kinda sloppy but I did it She had one of her coed stunting also, but it isn't working now. It seems like she was good. Not really OSU good, but a decent level 5 considering she would still have 2 years to improve if she was just any old cheerleader.
she tweeted like two days ago and said she just got her double again..

she tweeted like two days ago and said she just got her double again..
My bad then. She also tweeted that she still plans to try out at OSU. :confused: That girl needs to get brought back down to earth. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I just don't see OSU, or any major college cheer program, taking on a teen parent that had their baby on MTV. It just seems like too much of a commitment and could end up a liability to the image of their program. Especially if she gets picked to be on the new Teen Mom. Maybe it's just the elder in me, but I feel like once you agree to have a baby, that baby should be your first priority by a long-shot to anything else. And as a coach, I would want school first, then a close second of cheer for my athletes. Maybe I'm wrong though, who knows? I guess having your baby on national television as a teenager has never been something they had to take into account before. lol!

My bad then. She also tweeted that she still plans to try out at OSU. :confused: That girl needs to get brought back down to earth. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I just don't see OSU, or any major college cheer program, taking on a teen parent that had their baby on MTV. It just seems like too much of a commitment and could end up a liability to the image of their program. Especially if she gets picked to be on the new Teen Mom. Maybe it's just the elder in me, but I feel like once you agree to have a baby, that baby should be your first priority by a long-shot to anything else. And as a coach, I would want school first, then a close second of cheer for my athletes. Maybe I'm wrong though, who knows? I guess having your baby on national television as a teenager has never been something they had to take into account before. lol!
But really. It doesnt matter if you're the best cheerleader in the world. you have a baby, the baby comes first. and its just putting out a bad name for that team if they pick her. i don't care if she has a double double double. she still had a baby. and she still needs to take care of it.

What's the difference between tumblr and instagram??
In addition to what was said above, instagram is usually taking pictures on your own and editing them to post. Basically like twitter with only pictures and captions. Tumblr is reposting what people you follow post.

In addition to what was said above, instagram is usually taking pictures on your own and editing them to post. Basically like twitter with only pictures and captions. Tumblr is reposting what people you follow post.
So tumblr is basically like pinterest. Thanks yall:) I didn't wanna sound dumb but I was so curious since everyone is getting one ha

can i just say i wish people would stop being so rude about people going to art schools saying its a joke and that it doesnt take you anywhere in life, ive just had it up to here, the school i am at is as hard if not harder as regular universities, im going to come out of school 3 years from now with a BA in design and im majoring in graphic design the school i am at has a reputation for being on of the best in North America and has been around for over 100 years, when i graduate i want to be an art director and i just wish people would understand that i dont just sit at a desk and colour all day, they dont realize how much work time and passion you have to pour into what you do our teachers treat us like we are working and they are our clients and for people to say its not realistic well all i have to say is that without graphic designers, advertisers, photographers and art directors you would not see half the things you do on a daily basis

#rant over

can i just say i wish people would stop being so rude about people going to art schools saying its a joke and that it doesnt take you anywhere in life, ive just had it up to here, the school i am at is as hard if not harder as regular universities, im going to come out of school 3 years from now with a BA in design and im majoring in graphic design the school i am at has a reputation for being on of the best in North America and has been around for over 100 years, when i graduate i want to be an art director and i just wish people would understand that i dont just sit at a desk and colour all day, they dont realize how much work time and passion you have to pour into what you do our teachers treat us like we are working and they are our clients and for people to say its not realistic well all i have to say is that without graphic designers, advertisers, photographers and art directors you would not see half the things you do on a daily basis

#rant over
LOL, this I totally agree with. My professors are always our "clients" and if you don't follow the correct steps that you would with a "real world" client, then you can say bye bye to passing your class.. either that, or prepare to be put down after you present or turn your work in. :confused:

Back