All-Star New Uniforms 2014-2015 Season...just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I couldn't identify that bc I know them based on surroundings. I could easily look at a map and point to South Carolina, but just the shape itself? No way... Pretty sure I would only know Missouri, Michigan, Cali, Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, and Louisiana that way. They have very distinct shapes.... And I live in MO so obviously I know that.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
how about New Mexico and Arizona?

so real. i can list the states in alphabetical order (only if you let me sing them... fifty nifty united states...) and i can label majority on a map with all of the states (all those squares in the middle get me every time). if you separate the states it all falls apart for me. i don't know.

it definitely depends on where you spend most of your time, though. i can individually draw the shape of all northeast states.

I can't spell Massachusetts or Connecticut.... Its like my brain refuses to learn.

Spell check helped me.

I don't think it's that South Carolina is particularly difficult to identify. I think as a general rule, most Americans could not identify even half of the states by their free-standing shape alone. Especially States that they've never been to, lived near, or really needed to think about. Before I moved to Chicago, I'd have been hard pressed to identify most of the Midwestern states on a map, let alone free-standing.

By the age of 6 my aunt had taught me all the states: shape, location, & capital. Along with other things like my times tables up to 9... Lol. But unfortunately public school brain washed me....

Agreed. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised though. Ignorance is bliss, or so they say.

Neither did I...I mean I know I'm top of my class (granted it's not difficult. One of my friends had 2 F's and she was in the middle of my class of 50...) but I figured that was something simple enough since we learned it in 2nd grade

Don't know if y'all meant them this way, but OK, we get it. Only the stupidest people alive wouldn't know what some state they've never been to looks like by just its shape. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was also top of my class, had a 4.0 in college, and got a 100% on that little quiz there. I still probably wouldn't know every state by shape alone, if done in rhinestones on the back of a cheer uniform. It's really not that serious - or stupid. And yes, I know them on a map, and yes I know all the capitals. Guess my school just worked more on punctuation, spelling and grammar, and less on state shapes. (yes, I'm saying that some of the people commenting on how stupid we all are might want to do some proofreading)

I swear @Kris10boo could have a PhD in physics or cure cancer and people would find a way to call her dumb on here. If anyone else had said that same thing, this whole thread would be different.

Back