All-Star New Uniforms 2015-2016 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

CEA Legends
CM9FcrsW8AAn2Sn.jpg
Surely that can't be counted as a full-top. I guessed that CEA didn't really want to give up the crops, but come on...

Other than that I love it. The colors, the font, the sparkles, the classy neckline and apparent lack of cutouts.

Question though- what if it's the only gym in your area/fits your skill level? That seems like a hard choice to make. While at least they're not surprising you with it last minute, it might make me a little uncomfortable to wear an actual cross.

Every time I look at the cross my godmother gave me for my 'confirmation', I get the heeby jeebies. That thing KNOWS it doesn't belong on my body. :confused:

ETA: Oh that Soul 5 routine..just so special.

Then I say you're screwed or you move. I'd vote move.

I think the Legend's uni is beautiful, curious though---is that mesh connected? It could be the way it's pictured, but the hem of the top and skirt almost look too bulky. It's like she's wearing a mesh leo under an actual crop top uniform. I know a gym in our area who planned on doing something similar to make practically brand new uniforms legal this year---which is probably the only reason I noticed it.

I mean, you can make anything a full top with a leo...even though it's not a 'true' full top.

Cannot comprehend how a uniform top with an ultra-sheer black mesh stomach is considered a full top. To me that draws the eye even more to the mid-section that they are supposedly covering up for the younger athletes.

@kristenthegreat in our community the only option for youth basketball is through a CYO. My non-cp played for one year and I was not comfortable with it (and they did not have any crosses or bible verses on their uniforms). When he did not seem interested in playing the following year I did not press the issue. If that was the only option for cheer though, and those were the uniforms, I can tell you without a doubt my girls would never have cheered.

I think the Legend's uni is beautiful, curious though---is that mesh connected? It could be the way it's pictured, but the hem of the top and skirt almost look too bulky. It's like she's wearing a mesh leo under an actual crop top uniform. I know a gym in our area who planned on doing something similar to make practically brand new uniforms legal this year---which is probably the only reason I noticed it.

I mean, you can make anything a full top with a leo...even though it's not a 'true' full top.

I've seen all stomach mesh uni's in the past. They've all been leo style, with snaps in the crotch area to keep everything in place. Skirt goes over top, with built in spankies of course. I would assume that's how this one works

Granted, I am not a uniform designer and certainly not a seamstress...but I cannot work out how this mesh is going to stay connected, especially at the part where it meets the crop top. Even if there is some kind of extra strength backing fabric used at the point of attachment...it is such a large piece of very thin mesh and with all of the arm movement in a routine, the top part is going to move. Something will have to give, and since mesh isn't as stretchy as Lycra...I can't imagine how it won't tear. If you make the mesh loose enough to account for that it will look terrible! Who wants loose mesh on the stomach? Anyway, it is a very cute uniform otherwise. I hope that the designer used some sort of space age polymer to keep that mesh from detaching/tearing!

Oh, wait...I just read the post above....so it really is a crop top uni with a leo underneath? Like if the rules change again they just not wear the leo? Ok, a mesh leo would be better, at least it couldn't detach. Sorry, carry on! :)

Back