All-Star New Uniforms 2015-2016 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I love the Legends uniform, but that mesh looks so thin! I don't see how it could last a season without being snagged.
My CPs had a uniform that had sheer black mesh on the entire sleeve, and it looks similar to this uniform mesh. It was surprisingly heavy and the uniform was used for at least 2 years (they had it for a year and got it used) and neither uniform even has a snag. I have seen other mesh uniforms rip, but it may have been a different type of mesh.

Granted, I am not a uniform designer and certainly not a seamstress...but I cannot work out how this mesh is going to stay connected, especially at the part where it meets the crop top. Even if there is some kind of extra strength backing fabric used at the point of attachment...it is such a large piece of very thin mesh and with all of the arm movement in a routine, the top part is going to move. Something will have to give, and since mesh isn't as stretchy as Lycra...I can't imagine how it won't tear. If you make the mesh loose enough to account for that it will look terrible! Who wants loose mesh on the stomach? Anyway, it is a very cute uniform otherwise. I hope that the designer used some sort of space age polymer to keep that mesh from detaching/tearing!
We have uniforms with stomach mesh. It isn't as much as the legends uni, but it's a slanted strip that runs all the way around. It is sewn directly to the fabric and we haven't had any of them rip yet. This will be our second season using them. What Varsity used for our is a really heavyweight mesh. It is thicker than I expected and so far has been way more durable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh, wait...I just read the post above....so it really is a crop top uni with a leo underneath? Like if the rules change again they just not wear the leo? Ok, a mesh leo would be better, at least it couldn't detach. Sorry, carry on! :)

The one's I've seen had the mesh sewn to the crop top, but in a leo style, with the snaps. So the top was 1 piece, leo style, not a separate mesh leo underneath. There could be other styles though

We had some mesh on our last uniforms. Not 1 snag, rip or tear in 2 years of competing, and yes, it was sewn right into the non-mesh areas.

Not quoting anyone because I'm not trying to attack CEA - I feel this way about all mesh:

If I can see your belly button or your abs through the mesh, I do not believe it should count as a "covering." I know it is within the rules, and that's great... but I hate it. be all covered or all exposed. The sheerness is too lingerie looking for my taste. I wouldn't be opposed to a uniform guideline for no mesh 5 seasons from now or at least no stomach mesh. go crazy with sleeve mesh, I don't care.

Not quoting anyone because I'm not trying to attack CEA - I feel this way about all mesh:

If I can see your belly button or your abs through the mesh, I do not believe it should count as a "covering." I know it is within the rules, and that's great... but I hate it. be all covered or all exposed. The sheerness is too lingerie looking for my taste. I wouldn't be opposed to a uniform guideline for no mesh 5 seasons from now or at least no stomach mesh. go crazy with sleeve mesh, I don't care.
Totally agree with you, shimmy!! The only mesh on the stomach I've liked in the past is from Cheerforce.
ec3d2775f6420a9f54517155fa7168b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My CPs had a uniform that had sheer black mesh on the entire sleeve, and it looks similar to this uniform mesh. It was surprisingly heavy and the uniform was used for at least 2 years (they had it for a year and got it used) and neither uniform even has a snag. I have seen other mesh uniforms rip, but it may have been a different type of mesh.

I actually liked the mesh on those and Cheer Force (and I am not the biggest fan of mesh in general.)

Speaking of Top Gun, I saw on instagram (??) or maybe twitter (???) that they made uniform pants with a little pocket for insulin pumps. Genious. I don't know if they are the first one to do so, but I like the idea. One of my athletes is diabetic and I'd order something like that in a heartbeat. Or at least practice pants with the pocket.

Speaking of Top Gun, I saw on instagram (??) or maybe twitter (???) that they made uniform pants with a little pocket for insulin pumps. Genious. I don't know if they are the first one to do so, but I like the idea. One of my athletes is diabetic and I'd order something like that in a heartbeat. Or at least practice pants with the pocket.
I believe this is the photo you were referring to:
CMzPN-1WcAIKBD9.jpg

I'm not exactly sure if it was made specifically for insulin pumps, but it sure fits nicely...

Back