All-Star New Uniforms 2015-2016 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think the main reason gyms are picking the mesh leo for underneath the uniform vs. solid fabric is due to crossovers and those aging out of the junior division next year. Not every parent is going to want to pay for a uniform and then have to buy another one when their child moves to a senior team the next year. Unfortunately, not all gyms have the options of renting a uniform and you can't always find someone willing to sell or trade theirs from previous years. Although I don't like the conversion leo, it makes sense why so many gyms have been using it for their uniforms.
You can do a regular fabric leo though too. It doesn't have to be mesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can do a regular fabric leo though too. It doesn't have to be mesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe the idea is that the mesh will tear off during the year leaving you with that perfect crop top for your next season on a senior team ;) (giggle)

CPs first youth full top uniform (no mesh) is still one of my fave uniforms ever. It looked awesome on all the girls!

so am i understanding this correctly, the mesh stomach is removable ? so basically that is their level 5 uniform but with a mesh stomach.

if thats the case i could see why they do mesh, its cheaper and they are just gonna have the kids remove it once they move up to level 5, whats the point in basically wasting money to create a whole new uniform. i mean we've seen people with full top uniforms that just have solid black fabric for the stomach area, and people still complain saying its to bland and boring looking, so you cant really win either way.

so am i understanding this correctly, the mesh stomach is removable ? so basically that is their level 5 uniform but with a mesh stomach.

if thats the case i could see why they do mesh, its cheaper and they are just gonna have the kids remove it once they move up to level 5, whats the point in basically wasting money to create a whole new uniform. i mean we've seen people with full top uniforms that just have solid black fabric for the stomach area, and people still complain saying its to bland and boring looking, so you cant really win either way.

I have a solution. Half mesh on top. Solid fabric on the other half. And maybe a swarovski line/ border in between.

Well Ill be, that device says "medtronic" .. I am a receptionist for the company that makes medtronic devices ! How cool !:D
Hmm I wonder how it's going to stay in when dancing or tumbling. Mine sure doesn't lol mine is clipped to my shorts and never stays on even while just dancing..always flies off.

Hmm I wonder how it's going to stay in when dancing or tumbling. Mine sure doesn't lol mine is clipped to my shorts and never stays on even while just dancing..always flies off.

Aren't you supposed to take it out for physical activity anyway? That's what I've been taught, though I don't have one myself so I'm not an expert by any means.

Using the mesh leo makes sense if the whole program uses the same uni. However in cases like Legends where it's a team specific uniform for a team that is required to use a full top, it just looks like a way around the rules.

But it's not a way around the rules. I believe in the varsity uniform guidelines it shows mesh as an "ok" for the full top guidelines.

Aren't you supposed to take it out for physical activity anyway? That's what I've been taught, though I don't have one myself so I'm not an expert by any means.

That's what I've always been taught too. I didn't have one while in cheer, but I was in color/winter guard in high school and always took it off for practice/performances. It also helped to keep me from my BG crashing.

Ya you really don't need to wear it for competing so not sure why they made him a pump pocket. I keep my dexcom on for competitions but that's because I can't put it back on. For competing my insulin pump goes to my coach and I put it back ok after competing. I tried to keep it on at a practice when it's just learning a dance or something but I quickly found out that was a no go haha

Ya you really don't need to wear it for competing so not sure why they made him a pump pocket. I keep my dexcom on for competitions but that's because I can't put it back on. For competing my insulin pump goes to my coach and I put it back ok after competing. I tried to keep it on at a practice when it's just learning a dance or something but I quickly found out that was a no go haha

Maybe for walking around while not competing? He could clip it on but maybe they're worried about the clip damaging the uni...

Maybe for walking around while not competing? He could clip it on but maybe they're worried about the clip damaging the uni...
Hmm maybe ...I never had a problem with my pump clip damaging my uniform. The pump clip is actually easier to put on clothing for Medtronic pump than it is for my animas pump.

Back