All-Star New Uniforms 2016-2017 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Now this is a big NO for me.

I honestly don't like the uniform all that much. Either do mesh or don't do mesh. The peek-a-boo mesh is just silly. With that said, the white is cut up in too many places. The skirt line and the crop line for the top just throws the whole thing off. The back is a big big NO!! I do like the side of the skirt. Great use of space and fabric to incorporate the team logo. The girls look great in them. I just feel like it needs some more work. And I have aversion to white uniforms. I'm already scared that we're going to have a white skirt.

Now this is a big NO for me.

I actually really like these. I'm a big fan of white or light coloured uniforms because I think they really stand out on the mat and look cleaner than black uniforms, and the design of these is pretty well balanced. There aren't jewels thrown haphazardly across the uniform, and I like the shoulder and neck cutouts.

But onto the back...
I'm not crazy about the back, but it's not a total deal breaker for me. In fact, if the black bands on the top and bottom were thicker, I would actually like the back. My issue isn't the strappy back (I like strappy backs or back cutouts), but the fact that the straps take up too much of the back. It doesn't look like a cutout with straps, it looks like the thin straps are holding together the uniform.

overall I'd say it's a decent uniform, and with a few changes it could be very good.

I actually really like these. I'm a big fan of white or light coloured uniforms because I think they really stand out on the mat and look cleaner than black uniforms, and the design of these is pretty well balanced. There aren't jewels thrown haphazardly across the uniform, and I like the shoulder and neck cutouts.

But onto the back...
I'm not crazy about the back, but it's not a total deal breaker for me. In fact, if the black bands on the top and bottom were thicker, I would actually like the back. My issue isn't the strappy back (I like strappy backs or back cutouts), but the fact that the straps take up too much of the back. It doesn't look like a cutout with straps, it looks like the thin straps are holding together the uniform.

overall I'd say it's a decent uniform, and with a few changes it could be very good.

If the straps were thicker and could accommodate a decent bra, and the stappy back part didn't dip down so far, think it would be ok. I do like the front, but let's face it, the entire focal point of this uni is meant to be that back. My kid wouldn't be wearing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My kid wouldn't be wearing it.
Not necessarily directed at you, but what would one do or say if the gym chose a new uniform you had a major problem with for your child? Not my circumstance at all, just a general question sparked by that comment.

Edited bc I quoted twice

Last edited:
Just curious, how would

Not necessarily directed at you, but what would one do or say if the gym chose a new uniform you had a major problem with for your child? Not my circumstance at all, just a general question sparked by that comment.
Pull the child from the program.

Just curious, how would

This is probably going to sound harsh but,

Find somewhere else to cheer. It was one of the things we considered when looking at gyms. I'm just not comfortable asking my kid to go bra less or overexposed for cheer and if we were at a gym that required that, it would be a deal breaker issue for me. Although I think that if it got to that point we would have definitely had problems with enough other things along the way to make me question things.

Just curious, how would

I'd get a "skin colored" sports bra or spanks. It'll ruin the aesthetic of the back cutout or mesh pants but I care more about my hypothetical child's health and comfort.

I'd get a "skin colored" sports bra or spanks. It'll ruin the aesthetic of the back cutout or mesh pants but I care more about my hypothetical child's health and comfort.

Many programs, including one local to us, won't allow that. Nothing can show other than the uniform

Back