All-Star New Uniforms 2016-2017 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

As @njallday said, no other sport could forego sports bras without backlash. But, no sport is going to require stage make up, teased hair, spray tans, and lashes either. AS can't have it both ways. Either it is going to be judged on technique and execution, without any regard to their uniform, hair and make up like any other sport. Or, it is going to be judged like dance and appearance is part of it. The "industry" actually tried to tighten up the uniform rule and gym owners, coaches, parents, and athletes went crazy, as if, a bare midriff had anything to do with a double full. These uniforms are the rebellion from that rule, they covered the belly and exposed the back. I said a few pages back that there was a struggle as to which direction AS was going, sport or entertainment. I was wrong, there is no struggle, AS is hands down entertainment, otherwise, a uniform thread would not exist.

Here is a screen capture of WC Omni since the links above aren't working for me. It is going to look gorgeous and seems to have a similar feel to WC Zenith's new uni which was linked a few weeks ago . Cant wait to see it under the lights -
f735980ff3a00c86c4bbd3d29cbcd4c8.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As @njallday said, no other sport could forego sports bras without backlash. But, no sport is going to require stage make up, teased hair, spray tans, and lashes either. AS can't have it both ways. Either it is going to be judged on technique and execution, without any regard to their uniform, hair and make up like any other sport. Or, it is going to be judged like dance and appearance is part of it. The "industry" actually tried to tighten up the uniform rule and gym owners, coaches, parents, and athletes went crazy, as if, a bare midriff had anything to do with a double full. These uniforms are the rebellion from that rule, they covered the belly and exposed the back. I said a few pages back that there was a struggle as to which direction AS was going, sport or entertainment. I was wrong, there is no struggle, AS is hands down entertainment, otherwise, a uniform thread would not exist.

Wasn't there an article however long ago about Varsity and their desire to keep cheerleading from being a sport? I feel like the, "is it a sport" question seems to come more from the athletes and the parents than the establishment. I'm fine with AS Cheerleading going the entertainment direction---just make it so my kid can wear a bra when she needs it and I'll be happy.

That said, I think you speak a lot of truth in this rebellious stance gym owners are taking with the new uniform rules. Frankly, if USASF wanted to close the loopholes they could but since they aren't; and that is on them.

Back