All-Star Non-tumblers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 13, 2012
hey guys,
i have a question for all of you.. how many (if any) people who are on your team that dont tumble at all. i am asking this becasue i have a very seriouse mental block that wont een let me do my roundoff anymore :( and i was wondering if the higher level teams (well, all teams)had people like that. or if they had people who had injuries or other reasons they couldn tubmle...
thanks all <3

I've only been on lower level teams, last season on 4.2, and this season a level 2 half season team. On both, we had quite a few who didn't tumble (half the team or more) including me. It makes me sad because I've aged out of all-star and I have nowhere near the tumbling required for an open team. I'm thinking of taking private tumbling classes just to still be in the gym and doing something cheer related lol

I've only been on lower level teams, last season on 4.2, and this season a level 2 half season team. On both, we had quite a few who didn't tumble (half the team or more) including me. It makes me sad because I've aged out of all-star and I have nowhere near the tumbling required for an open team. I'm thinking of taking private tumbling classes just to still be in the gym and doing something cheer related lol
thats me right now!! i could have 1 more year i could do sr but after that i have to go open.... i can stunt but butt off and dance my little heart out but i have a MAJOR tumbling block....booo!

This girl right here lol. I've been on levels 2,3,4 and 4.2 and have had legitimately no tumbling I've always been close to a back handspring but every time I've been close to getting it I've moved and had to switch gyms or stop cheerleading for university. It sucks being one of the only ones or one of the few who doesn't have tumbling but I've always had other assets that were important enough to keep me on the higher teams because I've always been really well rounded when it came to stunting I could base on both sides as well as back and not to toot my own horn here but I was fairly good at it. To me that's all I really cared enough about was that I was pulling my weight and contributing to the team in a way that they desperately needed

I'm on a college team, we don't really push tumbling that much (we don't compete :( ). We have two girls that do not tumble at all. Three girls that have tumbled before but they don't tumble ever at games. Just at tryouts and a practice occasionally. Four girls that tumble all the time (me!) and one girl that tumbled but then torn her ACL (cough, cough livelovecheer33 cough cough).
The three that sometimes/almost never tumble two had (have?) a RO BHS and one of those girls also had standing back hand. And the other had a round off tuck. Out of the four of us that all tumble we all basically have everything up to a layout or have a layout & jumps to tuck, except one girl that just has a RO BHS. One girl has a full. And the injured girl has up to a whip through to a layout.

About half of my team doesn't tumble (OAG 6). And we've got about 5-6 who can RO BHS but don't, cos it would probably cost us more execution points than we would gain for doing a level 2 skill in level 6. It depends on who is trying out for your teams and what your skill set is. My best skill is a RO tuck and I'm maybe middle of the road for those of us who do tumble

This girl right here lol. I've been on levels 2,3,4 and 4.2 and have had legitimately no tumbling I've always been close to a back handspring but every time I've been close to getting it I've moved and had to switch gyms or stop cheerleading for university. It sucks being one of the only ones or one of the few who doesn't have tumbling but I've always had other assets that were important enough to keep me on the higher teams because I've always been really well rounded when it came to stunting I could base on both sides as well as back and not to toot my own horn here but I was fairly good at it. To me that's all I really cared enough about was that I was pulling my weight and contributing to the team in a way that they desperately needed
yeah, i base on either side and back spot as well, so i am hoping even though i cant tumble on a good day i will still be able to make an open team. :)

I have always noticed that there a always a couple of girls on CEA that don't tumble but they clearly serve a great purpose. I always have wondered though. If you are some one that does not tumble due to a block...do you ever feel bad watching your teammates sweat it out and you just watch and do you condition while they tumble or work on yours too....just curious.

My cp started having issues with her knees the end of her second season (her sophomore year.) The third year she only could only do a single BHS and walkovers and by her last year, walk overs only. She was on a level 3 and was the only team member with no tumbling. But, her toe touches were killer, she was a backspot her flyer trusted implicitly and she rocked that dance.

BowsnBling She never just watched when her team tumbled, she conditioned.

Good luck.

I guess on my end from a coaching point of view, if you are actively working on your block and at some point had skills for that specific level then I can see you being placed on that team. But a block does not mean you never tumble again.

I have always noticed that there a always a couple of girls on CEA that don't tumble but they clearly serve a great purpose. I always have wondered though. If you are some one that does not tumble due to a block...do you ever feel bad watching your teammates sweat it out and you just watch and do you condition while they tumble or work on yours too....just curious.
I never felt bad because I knew I was working as hard as I could in the other areas as well as trying to get the tumbling for myself. It was difficult at times though when I would hear some teammates talking about how me and other girls saying were just lazy and didn't want to tumble. We did condition, work our non tumblr stunt in the back and work on the jumps and the dance

well, i dont kow how it is for other people but for me, watching other people tumble makes me ery frusterated. I feel like "i know i can do that! why cnt i do that!"
some days i try to work on my own tumbling, but it can get really emotionally hard for me, cause i like to beat my self up over it lol so most days i condition while they o there tumbling. :)

It was difficult at times though when I would hear some teammates talking about how me and other girls saying were just lazy and didn't want to tumble.
I remember one time at practice my coach must have said something about needed to get new skills and this girl who was a senior ( I was a junior), who I was good friends with, went on complaining (in front of the whole team) about how it wasn't fair that some people had to get new skills while others did or something. And I just remember my coach being like "okay, we all know you're talking about Hannah (thanks mental block) and blah blah blah" Definitely made me feel like crap.

Back