All-Star Punishments/sanctions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

LOL I'm sorry! It's the people that believe Obama was not born in the USA which is about as far out there as people who believe in space ships! I used that as well as the folks that believe the Republicans want to throw your grandmom off a cliff which is equally as stupid!

Hee hee! I thought you meant the movie "Throw Mama from the Train" and was really, really confused.

All of this is a sad statement that the current system of rules and enforcement is horribly inadequate for the size this sport has become.

I wish there were a plan in place that could make it right sooner rather than later. Where I work I could come up with a plan and get membership on board with executing it within the next year.
I think it would be a ridiculous feat to be able to role something out like that in a single year? Maybe a staggered role out plan with a specific event producer. To test a system etc.
Just say if you want to attend XYZ competition then you must follow this procedure.

Another problem would be the teams that aren't USASF members.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

A kid competed 4 times with the blessing of Cheersport. She was on 2 youth team and 2 junior teams. Was it wrong yes. Should Cheersport have allowed it? No Should we have done it? No Did it have anything to do with Senior teams or winning bids. No The issue was voted on and a punishment handed down that she has fulfilled.

The shitstorm of personal accusations has been disgusting and I'm probably a party of 1 here that thinks the person who posted it should be banned.
Is there any punishment to the kid?

A $1000 fine is nothing to a large gym - if that is what this situation entails. That is just a business expense. Punishment needs to fit the violation and if involves anything to do with worlds, bids, and their athletes then they should be not allowed to compete the next year- all teams from their gym. Just like sanctions for colleges and post season play. Otherwise the punishment is not a deterrent, it is just a calculated gamble.
Now that the thread is unlocked again...when the USASF finds an illegal athlete on a Worlds team, that team is banned only from getting a bid in that same category the following year. The entire gym is not banned, none of the illegal athletes are banned, and they can just keep coming back and competing in a different division from the one they were banned if they earned a new bid. And the gym is not outed by the USASF nor is any one told the team was illegal besides the coaches - so if they decide to gamble, bring an illegal athlete to Worlds and then get dq'd, the athletes or their parents are never told they were dq'd.

Now that the thread is unlocked again...when the USASF finds an illegal athlete on a Worlds team, that team is banned only from getting a bid in that same category the following year. The entire gym is not banned, none of the illegal athletes are banned, and they can just keep coming back and competing in a different division from the one they were banned if they earned a new bid. And the gym is not outed by the USASF nor is any one told the team was illegal besides the coaches - so if they decide to gamble, bring an illegal athlete to Worlds and then get dq'd, the athletes or their parents are never told they were dq'd.
Wouldn't they have to announce it if you won something. That could open huge issues. Like if it happened in international what would happen with a team in top 3. You shouldn't pass 3rd onto 4th because an american team would have made it to finals and wound up taking that spot. Big issue.

Needs to be a way to get it right before it happens.

I think it would be a ridiculous feat to be able to role something out like that in a single year? Maybe a staggered role out plan with a specific event producer. To test a system etc.
Just say if you want to attend XYZ competition then you must follow this procedure.

Another problem would be the teams that aren't USASF members.

I'm not saying the process would be complete, but the plan would start to be executed. At least then there would be a plan. Right now it is a reactionary system on a two year cycle looking at the most current issues, not long term.

In the defense of the athlete, at least in the situation I am familiar with from my past gym - The kid (and owner, if you want the truth) had no idea of the whole thing. I feel punishing a minor for something like that is wrong.

Hee hee! I thought you meant the movie "Throw Mama from the Train" and was really, really confused.[/q
Bahahaha You just gave me the best laugh of the night! I'm old - 48 next week. I'll try to remember that when I reply! Please bear with me :)

There shouldn't be punishment for a youth aged (not divison wise) athlete, know for sure. They don't know dukes and who is to say parents do. A teenager probably does no the rules and should step up. But with all the craziness with releases for Worlds athletes that maybe problamatic. An athlete only has so much power in this buisness.

I'm not saying the process would be complete, but the plan would start to be executed. At least then there would be a plan. Right now it is a reactionary system on a two year cycle looking at the most current issues, not long term.

Which obviously isn't effective.

And shouldn't there be set rules with punishments. Not just rules.

I was just curious...I would suggest no punishment, it is the gym owner who is allowing it. The kid and parents probably don't know it is illegal.

The gym was sanctioned not the athlete.........We're talking about a 12 year old kid here.

No one is pointing out yet that the USASF substitution rules state that:

If a team is found to have made an improper substitution or alternate,
this team may:
• Be disqualified.
• Be responsible for repaying the total cost of any funds received
through a “Paid” or “Partial Paid” bid.
• Be prevented (along with the entire program from that gym) from
being eligible for any type of bid to The Cheerleading or Dance
Worlds for the following year.

Back