All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Both our y2 and j2 upgraded to paid D1 summit bids from Cheerpower!!!!!

So for all the viper teams:

5 paid
Small y2
Small y3
Small j2
Small s4
Large coed 5R

3 at larges
Small y1
Large j3
Small s3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry if this was answered on earlier pages but can anyone explain why a wild card bid cannot be upgraded to an at-large but it can only be upgraded to a paid bid?
That's just the rules that the Summit came up with when they started having Wildcard bids last year. I remember there being a lot of discussion about it last year when teams were trying to decide if they should accept or decline wildcard bids early in the season since they could then only upgrade to a paid. Or if they should wait and see if they could get an at-large.

That's just the rules that the Summit came up with when they started having Wildcard bids last year. I remember there being a lot of discussion about it last year when teams were trying to decide if they should accept or decline wildcard bids early in the season since they could then only upgrade to a paid. Or if they should wait and see if they could get an at-large.
thanks! It seems silly to me that you can't upgrade a Wildcard to an At Large bid at least. Summit bids are so hard to get I wonder if anyone has ever declined a Wild Card bid :)

thanks! It seems silly to me that you can't upgrade a Wildcard to an At Large bid at least. Summit bids are so hard to get I wonder if anyone has ever declined a Wild Card bid :)
A lot of gyms decline wildcard bids!!
I know our gym wouldn't take one. I've seen wildcards handed to teams who placed third in their division because no one else wanted it.

It just depends on the gym, they aren't that hard to get!

**PLEASE NOTE- some teams have been successful on wildcards making it into finals (3rd day to them) while paids haven't made it past their 1st day.

So it's not always that one is better just most people don't take those kind of risks!

It just depends on the gym, they aren't that hard to get!

Texas cheer privilege! LOL I'd say a gym's likelihood to take/decline a WC also depends on geographical area & a gym's ability to travel outside of their region to chase that paid or AL bid. We have many teams fly in from Hawaii, Colorado, California, Arizona, etc. to our local Summit bid comps.
In the PNW, Summit bids, in general, are extremely limited in number @ local bid comps and therefore, do seem very hard to get.

My oldest CP's team got an at large to Summit D2. They are declining it. They won't take wild card or at large, only taking paid bids.

Texas cheer privilege! LOL I'd say a gym's likelihood to take/decline a WC also depends on geographical area & a gym's ability to travel outside of their region to chase that paid or AL bid. We have many teams fly in from Hawaii, Colorado, California, Arizona, etc. to our local Summit bid comps.
In the PNW, Summit bids, in general, are extremely limited in number @ local bid comps and therefore, do seem very hard to get.
Yes you are so right! I forget :/ we do have a lot of bid opportunities down here!! That would definitely play a huge factor in it! And we want to compete against the best of the best so please take whatever bids y'all have up there and come!! Wouldn't be the summit without y'all!

Yes you are so right! I forget :/ we do have a lot of bid opportunities down here!! That would definitely play a huge factor in it! And we want to compete against the best of the best so please take whatever bids y'all have up there and come!! Wouldn't be the summit without y'all!

Believe me we're trying lol but what we did have, Varsity came in and took even more bids away and we have teams coming from areas with ample bids to the pnw to grab ours :(

They took our Wild Card bids, too, didn't they? Lol! That could just be my imagination, but I thought UCA only has d2 bids now.

If it makes you feel better, there's only one event in Canada that offers summit bids...

Sea to Sky is the only one? And it's like a week before! Those bids can be deferred still, right? Because that's the only way they even work.

@TheVipersMom It's a good thing we are friends, because if we weren't I would be salty over the fact that all 8 of your Summit eligible teams all ready have D1 bids, while I think (don't quote me) only one WA State team has a D1 Summit bid. One. Team. In the whole state. Your teams are awesome and they 100% deserve those bids, but it seems a wee but unfair that we can't even buy a bid in the NW. I wish the out of state teams that like to come up here to earn bids would head to Texas, because there seems to be more opportunities there! Maybe we should head to Texas....lol [emoji8]

Back