All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

A lot of gyms decline wildcard bids!!
I know our gym wouldn't take one. I've seen wildcards handed to teams who placed third in their division because no one else wanted it.

It just depends on the gym, they aren't that hard to get!

**PLEASE NOTE- some teams have been successful on wildcards making it into finals (3rd day to them) while paids haven't made it past their 1st day.

So it's not always that one is better just most people don't take those kind of risks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They don't seem too easy to get at the comps we have gone to that are offering them (which isn't many) plus the Summit bids are not given based on top score, it is based I have been told by percentage of perfection so that to me is a gray area. So my daughter's team took a Wild Card so they would be assured to at least have a chance to go to the Summit plus it is her senior year so I'm glad she is finishing off attending. Your daughter's team/gym sounds fabulous to have all of those paid and at-large bids! Good luck!

They don't seem too easy to get at the comps we have gone to that are offering them (which isn't many) plus the Summit bids are not given based on top score, it is based I have been told by percentage of perfection so that to me is a gray area. So my daughter's team took a Wild Card so they would be assured to at least have a chance to go to the Summit plus it is her senior year so I'm glad she is finishing off attending. Your daughter's team/gym sounds fabulous to have all of those paid and at-large bids! Good luck!
Isn't percent of perfection, the same as top score?

I know with level 1s they score lower so they are converted to a percent of perfection to be in line with level 2-5's score.
But a 2-5 should be the same as percent of perfection.

And I will say I'm sorry I recant my statement about being easy to get. I forget not everyone has the same bid opportunities we do down here and in some areas they are almost impossible.. So in those cases a wild card sounds great.

Add in the fact that top 2 make it and the top one makes it to Sunday I'm a little jealous that paids aren't given that same opportunity lol.
I wish y'all much success with the bid!

(Like my daughter got paid last year and had a horrible Saturday showing and ended up tied for 20th- so paids mean nothing but free money! And it sucks because we had outscored those same teams that won at previous comps- but any day can be anyone's day and it definitely wasn't ours)

I'm sorry I wish they would spread the amount of bid wealth across the US even if we had a fewer amount of bids here!

The restricted 5 was amazing!!!![emoji7][emoji7] I saw those scores and they were so close! Congrats on all those bids for those 2 locations!! They really brought it this weekend!

Thank you! It was definitely an exciting weekend for our program!
By the way, all of the teams from your gym are amazing. I love watching them.

HI Rose!! Percent perfection basically IS going by top score. They take the total points earned by the team and divide by the maximum points they're capable of earning for that division/level. It's a way to normalize it across the levels.

We are going for D2 so it's probably different than regular summit but I still find it annoying that there are 40+ y1 teams & some divisions have hardly anyone. If it's suppose to be the best of the best why does y1 who will have many years & chances to go keep getting the 1 or 2 bids given at the comps. We are not blessed to have available comps with lots of bids. We keep finding ourselves in the spot just away from bid retrieval. Next month we have a comp with 3 bids so maybe that will be our comp. It just seems frustrating that s4 is competing against y1 for a bid.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Does anyone have any Summit fundraisers that they have had success with?

I've seen a lot of parents night out fundraisers for the summit and those seem like they would be pretty profitable.

Just rings. No jackets.

We ended up having jackets made for our kids. We came in 2nd or 3rd so many times over the last few years...mostly to the same team...that when they finally won, the kids really wanted a jacket and we had seen another local gym that had them. They came out very nice...made by Varsity.
ff250804a266194ec8027c2a4c6a8f74.jpg
1c074b7908e81c24ac8a359fd2eb6488.jpg

Whoa.....sorry these are so giant! I have no idea how to fix them!

Last edited:
So could a gym/parents post about getting a summit bid and "we're going to Disney" etc but they haven't actually accepted the bid? Do you know how long they have? I'm just curious. Thx. :)
as a coach you fill out paperwork stating whether you will accept or not before you even compete

Not trying to attack or anything, but I'm wondering why it is a rule in some gyms? (Considering even at larges are hard to get)

In large part due to the wishes of our parents, we will likely go with any bid we get, but some gyms/teams may not think the cost of going on an at large is worth the expense. We have turned down Summit bids in the past. There are great things about Summit, but there are also valid reasons not to base your entire season on one particular Varsity event.

Last edited:
Our gym said at the beginning of last season we would not accept any wild card bids. We ended up with only one team going to summit last year. This year we did accept them. We have 2 wild card and 1 at large bids this year already. Hoping for a few more! There are pros and cons with accepting wild cards but I am glad our gym decided to accept them this year cause cp has always dreamed of going and now she gets to. Summit bids are extremely hard to get IMO so we need to take one while we can!

Bids for this past weekend at American Championships:

At large:
Fury Athletics Frost Small Junior 1
Fury Athletics Blackout Small Coed Senior R5
Dakota Spirit Senior 4
Elite Cheer Small Junior 2

Paid:
Iowa Elite Senior 3

D2:
Iowa Elite Senior Coed 3

I coach Frost and we're so excited to go to Disney! [emoji2] Those two bids were our gym's first bids ever (we don't bid chase or really go to any Varsity competitions) so we are over the moon!

Last edited:
Back