Fury Athletics Frost Small Junior 1
Fury Athletics Blackout Small Coed Senior R5
Dakota Spirit Senior 4
Elite Cheer Small Junior 2

Paid:
Iowa Elite Senior 3

D2:
Iowa Elite Senior 3

One of the Iowa Elite teams that won a bid is coed but I can't remember which is which.

I coach Frost and we're so excited to go to Disney! [emoji2] Those two bids were our gym's first bids ever (we don't bid chase or really go to any Varsity competitions) so we are over the moon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congratulations on your bid. I wish you & your team the best of luck at Summit.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A lot of gyms decline wildcard bids!!
I know our gym wouldn't take one. I've seen wildcards handed to teams who placed third in their division because no one else wanted it.

It just depends on the gym, they aren't that hard to get!

**PLEASE NOTE- some teams have been successful on wildcards making it into finals (3rd day to them) while paids haven't made it past their 1st day.

So it's not always that one is better just most people don't take those kind of risks!

This makes me wonder, how by bids are usually offered at summit competitions down there?

In large part due to the wishes of our parents, we will likely go with any bid we get, but some gyms/teams may not think the cost of going on an at large is worth the expense. We have turned down Summit bids in the past. There are great things about Summit, but there are also valid reasons not to base your entire season on one particular Varsity event.

I don't know your schedule that well @BlueCat, but do any of your teams attend ucA ?

I think that plays into our gym only accepting full paids. Many of our teams are down there earlier in the season

I don't know your schedule that well @BlueCat, but do any of your teams attend ucA ?

I think that plays into our gym only accepting full paids. Many of our teams are down there earlier in the season

We have taken maybe 4-5 teams total to UCA Nationals in our 20+ seasons. It is a fine event, but our athletes have already seen Mickey plenty by the time they graduate without adding more competitions there. Trips there are also very expensive.

Bids for this past weekend at American Championships:

At large:
Fury Athletics Frost Small Junior 1
Fury Athletics Blackout Small Coed Senior R5
Dakota Spirit Senior 4
Elite Cheer Small Junior 2

Paid:
Iowa Elite Senior 3

D2:
Iowa Elite Senior 3

One of the Iowa Elite teams that won a bid is coed but I can't remember which is which.

I coach Frost and we're so excited to go to Disney! [emoji2] Those two bids were our gym's first bids ever (we don't bid chase or really go to any Varsity competitions) so we are over the moon!

The D2 summit bid went to the Iowa Elite coed team......the Reapers.

Athletic Championships (Columbus, Oh)

D2:
Paid-
NCT All Stars Supersonics -- Large Coed 3
NCT All Stars Eclipse -- Large Junior 2

At Large-
Trinity All Stars -- Junior 1
Blue Storm Athletics -- Small Senior 2

Stupid question,

Can mini teams go to D2 summit?
I don't remember if this was discussed before

HI Rose!! Percent perfection basically IS going by top score. They take the total points earned by the team and divide by the maximum points they're capable of earning for that division/level. It's a way to normalize it across the levels.
ahhh, thanks Cassie! miss you guys, looks like things are going great in the great state of Texas for y'all!

Pretty sure no. There are no mini teams on the D2 bids page, but there are like 50 youth teams.
I didn't think so but then I saw this

463d90c61a9fcd5f768d5b464fe5d401.jpg

At first I just thought maybe they are just excited about how close their Mini teams score was to those that received bids

But then I saw these comments
3ee5c7ce5c7fde0cf2570d522515d64b.jpg

So maybe they are going to try again because they are eligible. I think it would be hard to get a bid as a mini team.

Unless you are woodlands mini 2 team outscoring y2 teams lol. But if d2 can have minis then I think we should have minis lol

I didn't think so but then I saw this

463d90c61a9fcd5f768d5b464fe5d401.jpg

At first I just thought maybe they are just excited about how close their Mini teams score was to those that received bids

But then I saw these comments
3ee5c7ce5c7fde0cf2570d522515d64b.jpg

So maybe they are going to try again because they are eligible. I think it would be hard to get a bid as a mini team.

Unless you are woodlands mini 2 team outscoring y2 teams lol. But if d2 can have minis then I think we should have minis lol

Maybe they are competing as a youth team? Hence asking parents should we try again, and another comment saying they beat older teams. Pretty sure still there is no mini division at either summit.

Maybe they are competing as a youth team? Hence asking parents should we try again, and another comment saying they beat older teams. Pretty sure still there is no mini division at either summit.
Omg, why didn't I think of that?
I just checked results and they competed youth.

Ok well that is pretty cool.
I know another gym who did it several years ago but I'm impressed. Well congrats to them!

Back