All-Star The D1 & D2 Summit 2016 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wish they did small globes for 1st gold, 2nd silver, and 3rd bronze. The top 3 medal like at Worlds. I also wish they had a written way to decide the winner when a tie occurs, for example team with highest tumbling wins in event of a tie.

My daughter's team made the d2 highlight video! That never happens! Seriously. Even at local big competitions the videos will feature out-of-town teams only. I'm sure that sounds lame, but it's disappointing to have them excluded no matter how well they do. Anyway, ya'll should watch it. :) They're in white uniforms with green trim and pink bows.

Hagerstown Heat wins Large Senior 1 with a level 3/4 team. They have mastered the sandbagging game at NCA and Summit for a few years now

Small senior, not large my bad. They should be impressive as most competed on a 3/4 all year. I have less problems with crossovers as I do flat out sandbagging like they do.

To the 'blue and black' mama who almost ran my car off the road, honked like a crazy person, flicked me off, disobeyed and almost ran over the parking attendant with her car, arms hanging out and flailing as she yelled at everyone, I hope your poor kid isn't too stressed out by all the drama. There is alcohol inside if you need to calm your nerves a bit. Good luck today!

Owning my disagree here...calling out a gym here seemed a bit vindictive. Would you want some other parent's driving skills at your gym representing your whole program like that? I completely understand the frustration at the terrible, irresponsible driving--but "cheer mom" would have sufficed in this narrative. No intention to be dramatic and no dog in this fight. I just think it is something to be sensitive of.

I think senior 1 is the worst division for sandbagging across the board.

I agree with this. Our S1 actually had lots of crossovers from our s3 at D2 Summit. BUT it was, for the most part, because the parents of many of the s1 kids refused to let their kids go. I'm not sure why. Anyway, the other team in their division also seemed to have many highly skilled crossovers.

So I count 6 Wildcard bid winners this year: Louisiana Cheer Force LY2, Louisiana Cheer Force LS2, Cheer Extreme LY4, Cheer Nation Athletics SSC3, CEA LSC 4.2, and Woodlands Colonels LJC5. As well as 11 3rd place finishes and 8 2nd place finishes for wildcard teams. I think that's pretty impressive and shows that wildcard bids can be worth it!

So I count 6 Wildcard bid winners this year: Louisiana Cheer Force LY2, Louisiana Cheer Force LS2, Cheer Extreme LY4, Cheer Nation Athletics SSC3, CEA LSC 4.2, and Woodlands Colonels LJC5. As well as 11 3rd place finishes and 8 2nd place finishes for wildcard teams. I think that's pretty impressive and shows that wildcard bids can be worth it!

I think there may also be a correlation to the fact that all of those teams got to go last in finals. With comparative scoring, that's a big advantage. This is the first year they've done that and I'm willing to bet this year had the most wild card teams win as compared to last year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think there may also be a correlation to the fact that all of those teams got to go last in finals. With comparative scoring, that's a big advantage. This is the first year they've done that and I'm willing to bet this year had the most wild card teams win as compared to last year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Very true. That likely did have a big impact.

Back