All-Star This Year's Holiday Wish List

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not from what I read on their site:
Craftsmanship & Materials | UGG® Australia

Twinfaced sheepskin...skin one side, wool the other.

Oops, it appears you're right. For some reason I didn't know suede came from an animal byproduct. I was about to be all "It's suede, not skin!" and then looked up what suede was.

ETA: I mean, I think I knew that. I just brain farted.

Sheepskin refers to wool, not their actual skin. They shear the wool off the sheep, but do not need to kill it to make Uggs. It grows back and people have been shearing sheep for wool for thousands of years.

Actually, they DO use the skin of the sheep, which is tanned along with the attached wool. The sheep are not, however, killed for their skin; rather, all of the sheepskin used to make clothing items (and boots) come from sheep that are killed for their meat. Here is a quick FAQ: Sheepskin and Shearling FAQS and Facts From Shepherd's Flock, Townshend, Vermont, USA

ETA: I swear the responses above weren't there when I first typed this. Sorry - it wasn't my intention to gang up on you!!!

I'm a little late, but felt to add my two cents

That little girl is making it out like a bandit, and I gotta admit I'm a little jealous about the ipad..but I'm happy with drivers ed and a desk i needed for Christmas this year:) Okay I'm really happy about the desk

American girls are seriously the best. I have Emily (Molly's best friend) and i still smile when i see her. I got mine as a random valentines day gift from my mom. and played with her for years, and many trips to the store in Chicago (Until 8th grade...that restaurant is fantastic, we can't go to Chicago without going there). They are so worth the money, even better if someone in your family can just make your doll the clothes. My mom would look at my list of wanted clothes for my doll, and would just make them for me herself.

Okay, ranting over:)

It's cause you're European. We're American and have questionable priorities. :D

this one made me laugh, my boyfriend is american and occasionally we do indeed find some pretty interesting cultural differences when it comes to holidays and sometimes priorities
Not saying all of them are questionable but some appear a little strange to me :D Don't you worry though guys, some of us europeans are trying our hardest to copy you when it comes to certain things

Mom has finally went with getting each kid one expensive present instead of a bunch of little presents. I am getting a quilt made out of all my old cheerleading tshirts. I will try and post a picture when I receive it. I have collected this shirts for over 14 years now!
Very cool. I intend to do this when cp eventually goes to college.

I couldn't think of anything to ask for so my mom bought new tires for my car. I've been needing them for a while now, so I'm glad. My mom told everyone not to buy her anything, but my brother and I split the cost to get her an ipad mini. It was my first year having a job and my own money, so I had to get her something. I'm so excited to see her open it!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Just read this thread hoping to get ideas of little things to tell my parents that I want for christmas. :jawdrop:Definitely did not know what I was getting myself into. LOL like @Nikaa I doubt my parents have ever spent $100, though they probably could. It's just never been what christmas is about. While I'm sure I've been jealous of other kids' presents, I'm glad they didn't turn christmas into something so materialistic for me. I did ask for an american girl doll for many years... and FINALLY got one when I won it in a drawing at my orthodontist's office :p. I felt like the luckiest girl that day....

Mom has finally went with getting each kid one expensive present instead of a bunch of little presents. I am getting a quilt made out of all my old cheerleading tshirts. I will try and post a picture when I receive it. I have collected this shirts for over 14 years now!
My mom wants to do this for me but I just can't let go of my shirts!! It's like an emotional attachment and a memory with each one and I want to wear them till I can't any longer :(

I am doing this for my daughter, she has all her older ones put aside already. She is a Senior this year. I will wait for this season to be.over before I have someone make it.

I am doing this for my daughter, she has all her older ones put aside already. She is a Senior this year. I will wait for this season to be.over before I have someone make it.

I'm planning to do the same once she graduates this year. I was thinking it would be nice to have it ready and present it to her at the last comp of the season. Maybe I will wait and have it done when she is away at school, I could give it as a gift next Christmas. I don't know how I am going to get her to give up the shirts from her current gym, she wears them all the time. I may need to purchase a few extras in order to have the quilt made.

I'd like to do it for a bunch of my old theater show shirts. I have so many I'd never wear again but would like them to be made functional.

I'm sorry, but I have to say that the comments about being materialistic and making Christmas not be about family, etc., are a little insulting. My children have always been spoiled at Christmas, but materialist is furthest from the truth. It's always been God and family first. If that makes me a selfish American, so be it.

If I wanted an expensive electronic for Christmas, my parents told me Christmas morning that the reason I didn't get it was because Santa can't make electronics like cameras or phones, so that solved that.

Back