All-Star Tryout Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is largely the reason we've done away with tryouts for athletes already on teams in the gym. The coaches and tumbling coaches of each athlete are better able to assess what their abilities are based off of them actually being on a team during the season.
Our program has done the same thing. An official tryout is only for new athletes.

I've historically had strange experiences with cheer try-outs, and team placements. I tried out for an All-Star team once, and was placed on a 4.2 open coed. However the gym never went through with the team. This year, the team is going to be coached by the owners of the gym the team trained out of the past two years.

I'm really looking forward to try-outs this year. However I know that I have to put in a lot more work this summer to increase my skills, and my over-all fitness. I want to do it, not just to make the team, but to better myself and also be able to give better to the team should I make it.

My daughter is trying out at CA again. Her dream team (sorry but highly doubt it will happen) is Open 4 but her realistic wish is Senior 3. My daughter is one of those really weird ages where she is starting her sophomore year in college but is still eligible for senior team since she turns 19 in Nov.

By miracle I thought you meant all the extra advice and skill rundowns from Susie's Mom so you know where to place her kid.

My favorite thing is:

"Make sure you tell her you're a flyer and you've flown for six years."

*kid tells you*

*parent tells you again like FOUR times over the span of a week*

I know. I can read her paperwork. You telling me doesn't mean she is going to make this team as a flyer.

CP has been taking hour long privates once a week for the last 6 months. When our former gym closed, she decided she wanted to just work on her tumbling skills until tryouts. Of course she got the competition bug a month in and ended up on the prep team but we still kept up her privates. So next week she'll try out for their level 2 jr/sr team. She won't turn 15 until February.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

CP is trying out at the same gym we have been at for 4 years. I expect her to be jr/sr 2 depending on what teams they have this year. She will be 13 in October.

This was my last season as a senior so I am trying out for my gyms io6 team, and I'm terrified! Last year, I'm pretty sure there were about 50 athletes trying out for the team, and I dont doubt the number will go up this year! If I don't make the team, my cheer career will officially be over and im not prepared for that to happen yet :(

I need some advice/opinions about tryouts and I hope don't come across as a loon in this post;). So some background..This was CP's first year of cheer (8 yrs old on a J2 team, but "cheer age" is 7) and she loved it, our gym is very small but did fairly well and she would be completely happy to be on the same team next year, but after next year she would need to switch if she wanted to move to a higher level.

However, I'm hearing rumblings that many girls are not coming back and now I'm worried she won't have a team as the only other option at this gym is a senior team. Tryouts for the other gyms around us are starting in the next couple weeks; she can make tryouts for one of the gyms but cannot for the other, which is the gym we would ultimately switch to for 2017/18, and our gyms tryouts are last, so I won't know about what's happening with our gym until after other tryout are over.

So what to do? First, would I seem crazy asking for a private tryout for the one gym whose tryouts she can't go to? Second, I feel weird going to three different tryouts as I would rather her stay at current gym if possible for one more year because it fits well into her schedule and it's very convenient for me. Third, the fact that this is causing me such stress is highly annoying:mad:. Help!

CP will be trying out at CEA Chicago (Illinois Allstars is no more at the end of this season). Ideally, she wants to be on a Level 3 team this season. She just needs to get over the mental hump of throwing her tuck on the floor with no spot. It's entirely a head game for her right now. She has all her other level 3 skills down solid (standing tumbling, jumps-tumble, flying). She is officially junior-aged now so team choices are limited. I have no idea what teams there will even be because no one has any idea what turnout will be for tryouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CP will be trying out at CEA Chicago (Illinois Allstars is no more at the end of this season). Ideally, she wants to be on a Level 3 team this season. She just needs to get over the mental hump of throwing her tuck on the floor with no spot. It's entirely a head game for her right now. She has all her other level 3 skills down solid (standing tumbling, jumps-tumble, flying). She is officially junior-aged now so team choices are limited. I have no idea what teams there will even be because no one has any idea what turnout will be for tryouts.

CP is JUNIOR aged?!?!?! omg no. She was a tiny with pigtails like yesterday. :(

Good luck to her in tryouts!

Cp is trying out at CA Columbus. So the nerves are high bc she doesn't know what to expect or what teams will even be available. Flyer tryouts a week from today and regular tryouts next Friday and Saturday. I will be thankful when it's over and she knows what team she is on. She is incredibly excited though! Especially after watching all of CA's success at Worlds and I'm sure she will be even more when she watches CA at Summit this weekend.

I've been out of cheer for 8 years, and I want to go back, so I'm gonna go with it never ends. The only thing keeping me from doing it is that I have the tumbling skills of a moldy potato.
If you have the tumbling skills of a moldy potato, I have the tumbling skills of a moldy potato run over by a car[emoji23]

Back