All-Star Varsity Announces The Triple Crown Championship

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cheersport and NCA are tied with the same number of worlds bids - which is based solely on number of attendants. I think that NCA last year passed Cheersport for most teams, but before that Cheersport was the biggest competition of the season. To say that it's not as well attended is just silly.
I was so confused. I was like 'Uhh, weren't there about ohh, 700 teams there last year? I mean, color me surprised but I'm pretty sure that's huge.'

UCA bores me. There, I said it. I only care if a team changes something for it (new dance or whatever). Otherwise I'd rather watch ducks swim.

I was so confused. I was like 'Uhh, weren't there about ohh, 700 teams there last year? I mean, color me surprised but I'm pretty sure that's huge.'

UCA bores me. There, I said it. I only care if a team changes something for it (new dance or whatever). Otherwise I'd rather watch ducks swim.

Are you saying that watching ducks swim is boring? cuz its a lot more rare than u think cuz they typically just like to sit there and just float rather than swimming that much...

i don't see a problem with this, i think its fun considering that those r already the 3 biggest competitions, and its just a lil something extra to reward those who win all 3. which is almost a herculean feat. only team i recall actually successfully doing this recently was Ace Warriors. so i like it, but then again I'm biased cuz I'm going to be at all 3.....

and as for worlds being somewhere west, that'll never happen unless cheer blows up bigger than the east coast, they don't randomly select a coast to put it on.... they do it based on coast cheer population

I partly agree with the poster about Cheersport being not as well attended as NCA. In the L5 Worlds divisions there were far less teams competing (I think, I haven't seen official numbers so if someone wants to prove me wrong go ahead!!) than at NCA. I know that Cheersport is very popular with the lower level and lower age divisions though, hence the 700 odd teams.

The Fierce Board App! ||

I this attendance at any of the three isn't an issue per se. What IS an issue (for Varsity at least) is that almost all gyms pick only one or at most two of these three for any particular team to attend. In my memory, almost no programs send the same team to BOTH Cheersport and NCA as they've been back to back weekends. And if I'm correct, I think last year NCA and UCA were back to back, right?

Varsity doesn't like that. They want to find some way to entice gym owners to send ALL of their teams to ALL THREE of these events because that's a lot more money in Varsity's pockets.

If 700 teams are at Cheersport and 900 teams are at NCA then maybe we can use smoke, mirrors and the promise of a triple crown jacket to get 1000+ teams to attend each of the three events. (insert evil laugh here)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

also realized it mentions how if large coed teams attend all three nca, cheersport, and uca itll get a cash prize. i dont get it now, is it for all levels or just level 5/coed teams.

I partly agree with the poster about Cheersport being not as well attended as NCA. In the L5 Worlds divisions there were far less teams competing (I think, I haven't seen official numbers so if someone wants to prove me wrong go ahead!!) than at NCA. I know that Cheersport is very popular with the lower level and lower age divisions though, hence the 700 odd teams.
The Fierce Board App! ||
IO5: 5 teams
IOC5: 8 teams
Large Senior 5: 3
Large Coed 5: 6
Medium Senior: 10
Medium Coed 5: 15
Small Senior D1: 13
Small Senior D2: 13
Small Coed D1: 14
Small Coed D2: 13
100 Teams in Worlds level 5? Splits in Small Senior and Small Coed with over 10 teams per division? It's not as level 5 heavy as NCA (then again- CEA no longer goes and NCA has almost always been the 'final showdown' for CEA teams and many others) but it's hardly anything to sneeze at. Most people would choose NCA over UCA, and if you consider that historically Texas teams never leave their home state, it's hardly surprising NCA is better on the level 5s (considering I'd wager a good chunk of level 5s come from Texas alone).

In the senior divisions, almost every level (both small and large groups) had splits with about 10 teams per div. Even the small gym divisions had splits.

also realized it mentions how if large coed teams attend all three nca, cheersport, and uca itll get a cash prize. i dont get it now, is it for all levels or just level 5/coed teams.

It is for all levels. Large Coed Level 5 teams will be competing for a cash prize to donate to a charity of their choice, and Varsity All Star will match the amount :)

100 Teams in Worlds level 5? Splits in Small Senior and Small Coed with over 10 teams per division? It's not as level 5 heavy as NCA (then again- CEA no longer goes and NCA has almost always been the 'final showdown' for CEA teams and many others) but it's hardly anything to sneeze at. Most people would choose NCA over UCA, and if you consider that historically Texas teams never leave their home state, it's hardly surprising NCA is better on the level 5s (considering I'd wager a good chunk of level 5s come from Texas alone).

In the senior divisions, almost every level (both small and large groups) had splits with about 10 teams per div. Even the small gym divisions had splits.

Happily proved wrong! :)

Forgive me if I posted this in the wrong thread, but I wasn't sure where else this would be relevant:
B0GpSUnCMAE0h27.jpg

Does this mean a different division will get to raise money for a selected charity then? Just to clarify, is the Triple Crown for a selected division each season, or does it not matter what division you are in just as long as you have the best finishes at Cheersport, NCA and UCA?

Forgive me if I posted this in the wrong thread, but I wasn't sure where else this would be relevant:

Does this mean a different division will get to raise money for a selected charity then? Just to clarify, is Triple Crown for a selected division each season, or does it not matter what division you are in just as long as you have the best finishes at Cheersport, NCA and UCA?

"Does this mean a different division will get to raise money for a selected charity then?" Yes!

The Triple Crown is open to anyone, but tonight's announcement will reveal the Division competing for prize money for their charity of their choice and will be followed for the CBS Sports Network shows.

Anyone can compete at all three for the Triple Crown (they can win backpacks, jewery, etc.).

We are really excited about tonight's show! A lot of preparation has gone into it! :)

I certainly don't fault Varsity for promoting this, but I just don't see a way for them to get people (around here at least) to view UCA Nationals in the same way they do NCA or even CheerSport. Also, with Worlds (and Summit) at Disney, the absolute last thing we want to do is go to yet another competition in Orlando every year. Even if the venue itself wasn't woefully inadequate (it is), the cost/value there is dreadful.

100 Teams in Worlds level 5? Splits in Small Senior and Small Coed with over 10 teams per division? It's not as level 5 heavy as NCA (then again- CEA no longer goes and NCA has almost always been the 'final showdown' for CEA teams and many others) but it's hardly anything to sneeze at.

completely unrelated but i literally sneezed while reading this.

Back