All-Star What Team Are You Or Your Cp On?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm on senior 2 and senior 4 this season!! I'm hoping I get to stay on senior 4. I can base at that level but my tumbling is only at level 3. Currently working on my standing tuck (which is going to be the death of me), speeding up my back handsprings so I can tuck out of it, and not pike-ing in my layouts. Lots of work but that's what summer is for!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In regards to new athletes (not been involved in cheerleading before) starting at level 1, I started cheer at 14 and I started at a level 6 team. Thinking back it sounds crazy, but some how it all worked out.
That's amazing! Did you tumble at all before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys... I was a cheer leader for a while and even though I'm retired I've followed cheer for a while and I **literally** just realized that CEA's SSX means Small Senior Five (X in roman numerals) and SCX is Small Coed Five (X). The whole time I just thought the X was like how there are X's on their uniforms and X-treme and blah blah blah. My mind is blown.

I guess I'm on International Open 1 Dumbcats.

You guys... I was a cheer leader for a while and even though I'm retired I've followed cheer for a while and I **literally** just realized that CEA's SSX means Small Senior Five (X in roman numerals) and SCX is Small Coed Five (X). The whole time I just thought the X was like how there are X's on their uniforms and X-treme and blah blah blah. My mind is blown.

X in the roman numeral for ten though (V is five).

Yes, The roman numeral for X is ten,,, but I know, using the greek alphabet the 'X' symbolizes, extra or extreme... (maybe?)

PS: Are you really Brittany Pierce?

Totally not as excited as some have posted, but CP is on the Coastal Elite Sun Rays (Mini LVL 1) team. It's a COED team, but I don't think that matters until Youth (correct me if I'm wrong, I really have no clue) for divisions. I signed a life of my year away on the dotted line this week :)

Totally not as excited as some have posted, but CP is on the Coastal Elite Sun Rays (Mini LVL 1) team. It's a COED team, but I don't think that matters until Youth (correct me if I'm wrong, I really have no clue) for divisions. I signed a life of my year away on the dotted line this week :)

yay! after the whole tinys saga, i hope she loves it and has a blast!

Yes, The roman numeral for X is ten,,, but I know, using the greek alphabet the 'X' symbolizes, extra or extreme... (maybe?)

PS: Are you really Brittany Pierce?

tumblr_inline_np10ggzdGN1tri52x_500.gif

yay! after the whole tinys saga, i hope she loves it and has a blast!

Thanks :) She had her first practice this week and was sad when her time was up. All of the kids were really welcoming and the staff has all been very nice & helpful, plus the owners have a pretty solid reputation despite being a newer program. I lost a few days of my life researching the heck out of them before officially bringing her.

I'm excited for this season; she's doing totally different competitions than she's ever done before, the gym has a broad selection of teams/levels that she can grow with so we won't have to hop season to season as long as she continued cheering, and the drive isn't terrible.

I read an article this week about gym hopping and the "grass isn't always greener' slogan, but she may have hit the jackpot with this move. Time will tell, but so far so good.

When I started cheer (in high school) I basically went from nothing to basing/backing extended one-legged stunts. It's definitely possible.

My HS was almost all newbies to stunting, and excelled very quickly in stunts. Our stunt sequence was maybe one of the only ones that didn't go straight up (we had full ups, switchups, release moves ect.) That hit consistently.

Wait omg I just realized that after you pointed that out

Good to know she found somewhere to cheer after everything with her old gym! :)

Back