OT Who's Excited For... Dance Moms Season 2!?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Also. I remember them mentioning that Jill lived down the street from the studio and wondering why she wasn't at that studio to begin with....so....real cute Lifetime, for having her crawl off the bus from Ohio (that Kathy doesn't even ride)..

Also. I remember them mentioning that Jill lived down the street from the studio and wondering why she wasn't at that studio to begin with....so....real cute Lifetime, for having her crawl off the bus from Ohio (that Kathy doesn't even ride)..

haha yeah she came off the bus when she lives in Pittsburgh and Candy Apples is in Ohio.

I am also confused how Chole knows about the engagement but her mother doesn't...ask if a little girl isn't going to run and tell her mommy something like that.

Teen Mom is better at covering up lies then Lifetime lol but I will continue tuning in every tuesday.

I really like the show but it seems that it's getting more and more scripted. The whole jacket thing was stupid and Abby was not very good at acting when she supposedly saw Kendall with apples for the first time.

HeresAThought 8-10 years ago, Abby use to produce amazing dancers. When my daughter was thick in the competitive dance world, Abby use to have kids working everywhere and she was pretty much the only great studio. Now, the studio is bankrupt, she produces okay dancers (mostly in the 6-12 groups and tappers), her older dancers are extremely lacking in the ballet area and the Pittsburg area has the more amazing studios, like studio 19. Abby likes to say that Dance Moms is her brain child, but in all honestly, about 1-11/2 years ago Collins Avenue Production got a hold of parents emails from big name dance competitions/conventions and sent out emails to all of us dance parents, asking us to email or send video of our experience in the dance world. It was told to us that the show would be called "Just Dance!" and that it would be like Cheerleader Nation and Toddlers & Tiaras...It would have all the positive of CN, but would follow different studios/groups every week, like T&T. Christi sent in video of her studio and they started there and was going to go different studios, but when Minster Dawn came in like that, they stayed with Abby. Now with the girls,that group of girls have never danced together before. Chloe, Maddie, Paige, Nia and another little girl, all have been dancing together, for years. Brook has always been in the company a group up from them, which is why she is always moping around and Mackenzie dance with a younger group..and of course, Kendall is different studios. Cathy, is acting, bad acting, but acting. My cp danced for Cathy for a little less than 6 months. We picked Cathy's studio for all of the reasons that are not shown on TV. In person, she sweet, cares about every dancer who walks thru her door, a great teacher and unlike Abby, back in her day, she use to be a great dancer, who won all the times. The reason why I sent my girl to Cathy was because her choreography is beautiful, tasteful and winning. She is not one to have girls on stage, bumping and girding in underwear...Her costumes cover up the kids and even when it is a 2-piece, it is tasteful, unlike some of the costumes/numbers,Abby does. My daughter loved her time at Cathy's and the only reason we left was because my husband got new orders and we had to leave. Now she is losing students, because of the show, but in real life, she is a sweet, genuine, kind of quirky person. Abby and Cathy are friends and have been for quite a while. The 6 months my daughter was there, Abby came down, 3 times to teach flex/choreography classes. Oh and Vivi is adopted. Cathy and her husband adopted her from somewhere in South America, when she was a infant. That's some basic info, if you want more inside info, especially is it's about CADC, let me know and I'll try my best to answer.

HeresAThought That's some basic info, if you want more inside info, especially is it's about CADC, let me know and I'll try my best to answer.
OMG I WANT ALL THE DIRT.

This is nice to know because I love the show for the girls...not the drama. I like to know that it's not all craziness and hatred. So if Cathy isn't really crazy (which she totally comes across as), then she probably didn't actually enter her dancer in the wrong age group and she really doesn't want to come back for Abby's throat?

Is Abby really this awful? She seemed to be nicer this episode and I could see some actual affection for the kids.

OMG I WANT ALL THE DIRT.

This is nice to know because I love the show for the girls...not the drama. I like to know that it's not all craziness and hatred. So if Cathy isn't really crazy (which she totally comes across as), then she probably didn't actually enter her dancer in the wrong age group and she really doesn't want to come back for Abby's throat?

Is Abby really this awful? She seemed to be nicer this episode and I could see some actual affection for the kids.
Abby is really that awful, always has been! but she is also very loving to the girls and the girls all adore her, i like that they are starting to show some of the sentimental moments with Abby because she is not all bad.

armycheermom Also, Cathy can actually choreograph pieces that aren't total crap like what is shown on the show?
Lol, YES! She has done beautiful pieces, that don't involve Vivi & company running on and off the stage, while the older girls, dance. On YouTube, there is a dance called Prince of Egypt, that is beautiful, along with another dance called Wonderland. When she isn't trying to be on TV and beat Abby, Cathy can coregraphy some kick butt numbers! The whole entering a dancer into her wrong age group was lifetime, but I still blame Cathy,because as a dance teacher, you are suppose to check all of those things. The adults in that situation knew what was happing, but Erika's tears, where real. The poor girl was doing what she was told and them was disqualified all because of a stupid, scripted show. Also, Cathy always carried proof of age around for our normal season, so that whole, I don't have proof of age,was bull. I had to have my mother, fax a copy of my daughters's BC over from Chicago, because Cathy wouldn't let her compete without it...And that was back in 08... Cathy is not a Abby's throat, they rarely go to the same competitions and both studios, as all studios, have their strength and weakness. I have never taken a class from Abby, so what is next is from my cp....Abby can be tough, but can also be very nice. She is strict and demands that you work hard and give your best, the entire class time. She will call you names or yell like she does on the show, when she has to repeat herself. She does not like to repeat herself and when you see a big black cloud coming towards you, you fix whatever is wrong quick! But once you get something she has been correcting you on, she does give out praises and hugs, just not very often. She does play favorites. In every class, I've taken with her, she has a couple of kids she like the best, kids she likes okay and kids that she doesn't like at all.. The higher up on her list you are, the better teacnique/correction you get. But when Abby is in a bad move, no one is safe and it's best to do what she says, when she says and to cry when you get in the car.

And I forgot to add, Justice, the cute little red-head boy that is apart of Vivi&company, is a title winner, in fact, this summer, he won Little Mister Dance of America! An extremely hard title to win! If Cathy got the best group of 7-13 together, just like Abby did, she could beat Abby.
Also the dances the ALDC girls are using now, are old dances that they already have used/learned/competed, the only thng that are doing now is shaping them to add in Kendall/Mackenize.

And I forgot to add, Justice, the cute little red-head boy that is apart of Vivi&company, is a title winner, in fact, this summer, he won Little Mister Dance of America! An extremely hard title to win! If Cathy got the best group of 7-13 together, just like Abby did, she could beat Abby.
Also the dances the ALDC girls are using now, are old dances that they already have used/learned/competed, the only thng that are doing now is shaping them to add in Kendall/Mackenize.
Hmmm. The question is, why doesn't Cathy get together her best 7-13 dancers? All scripted again?

retiredl5cheer , yes and no. The production company wants Abby girls' to win over Cathy kids'. Also those kids are training 20-30+ hours. Now older girls are already training 10-15 hours, so adding a few hours more on their schedule is more reasonable than taking a bunch 7-13 who only train 7-10 hours a week...there are some moms out there who aren't fame crazy and refuse to put their little ones in the mess...

Back