OT Who's Excited For... Dance Moms Season 2!?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
retiredl5cheer , yes and no. The production company wants Abby girls' to win over Cathy kids'. Also those kids are training 20-30+ hours. Now older girls are already training 10-15 hours, so adding a few hours more on their schedule is more reasonable than taking a bunch 7-13 who only train 7-10 hours a week...there are some moms out there who aren't fame crazy and refuse to put their little ones in the mess...
Gotcha. That makes total sense.

Gotcha. That makes total sense.
I am glad to help! You can pick my or cp brain anytime! Well, you can only have cp between the hours of 5-10pm, on Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday....All the other days, she has school and dance practice..We got lucky today, since she been home all day with a fever, but all the other time, she is yours! :D

I am glad to help! You can pick my or cp brain anytime! Well, you can only have cp between the hours of 5-10pm, on Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday....All the other days, she has school and dance practice..We got lucky today, since she been home all day with a fever, but all the other time, she is yours! :D
You have a cheerleader and a competitive dancer? Just a curious question.

You have a cheerleader and a competitive dancer? Just a curious question.
I have one daughter. For pretty much all of her life she has been in allstar cheer, competitive dance, competitive gymnastic and pageants, all at the same time. She received an early invitation to college and retire from everything to focus on that. But about 4-5 months ago, she told me she missed her sports/activities and wanted to go back to something. We decided on dance, since she found a local studio that she liked. It worked out the best for us, because the cheer/gymnastic gyms that she wanted to go to where over an hour away in Austin and her pageant coach was over 3 hours away in Dallas. She is not in competitive dance now, just taking classes and for now, she's happy and so is my wallet! Lol

I have one daughter. For pretty much all of her life she has been in allstar cheer, competitive dance, competitive gymnastic and pageants, all at the same time. She received an early invitation to college and retire from everything to focus on that. But about 4-5 months ago, she told me she missed her sports/activities and wanted to go back to something. We decided on dance, since she found a local studio that she liked. It worked out the best for us, because the cheer/gymnastic gyms that she wanted to go to where over an hour away in Austin and her pageant coach was over 3 hours away in Dallas. She is not in competitive dance now, just taking classes and for now, she's happy and so is my wallet! Lol
Holy ouch to your wallet and your watch. :eek:

You should have seen my happy dance when she retired from everything...I was sad to no longer see her on stage, but happy to have a few extra dollars in my wallet and hours in my day! I'm very happy with our arrangement now! I get to see her perform and still have a happy wallet! Plus now that she can drive herself, I'm not sitting in a stuido/gym all day.

retiredl5cheer , yes and no. The production company wants Abby girls' to win over Cathy kids'. Also those kids are training 20-30+ hours. Now older girls are already training 10-15 hours, so adding a few hours more on their schedule is more reasonable than taking a bunch 7-13 who only train 7-10 hours a week...there are some moms out there who aren't fame crazy and refuse to put their little ones in the mess...
Is the pyramid really used in classes? Or is it for the show?

HeresAThought Oh and Vivi is adopted. Cathy and her husband adopted her from somewhere in South America, when she was a infant. That's some basic info, if you want more inside info, especially is it's about CADC, let me know and I'll try my best to answer.

Thanks for the info. I definitely believe it. And I figured that Viv was adopted...she just didn't appear to be a product of Cathy...and Cathy appeared to be of advanced age... (My mom had my sister at like 37...but I'm just saying). Why don't they ever show Cathy's husband

Do you know anything about the Abby Lee being single story line? I have my suspicions why shes single. but do you know if marriage had ever been an option for her or anything. I always wonder this when she mentions her bachelorette status

I get that most of the show is fabricated, simply because none of them are budding actors....I just don't get why they'd subject their children to this kind of abuse and drama. Its entertaining for us....but those are little kids...do they all understand it is just an act?

I'd hate for them to be on a spin off show with Dr. Drew

Also. I feel like I automatically discredit the talent of Cathy's make up because of (and besides the awful make up they wear to the studio) Cathy taking Viv to ALDC...and Vivi being so horrible and having 0 poise, technique, grace...talent. I get shes only 6 or 7...but ....it just made it seem like Cathy herself was an incapable teacher

HeresAThought The husbands/dads don't appear on the show, because they don't produce drama and most of them are against the show. One of the only real part the show got right is that most of the time in dance, the moms are the one sitting in the studio, stoning costumes, gossiping about who got their single/doubles/triples, ect, while most dads supply the money, build props, become our personal bell hops and show up when told...
Well, my daughter said, back when she took classes from Abby, anytime the girls when bring up boyfriends, Abby would tell them that no guy would ever be good enough for them, that they didn't need to worry about that crap, because dance is the most important thing in their life, at that point and that boys would always be there. She also said she had a saying,"use em, then lose em", I can only assume that she meant, get whatever you can out of them, then toss them to the curb....I guess now, Abby is focusing on wanting a man, because she sees she isn't getting any younger and that dance can't be your entire life. Once the lights are off and the doors close, all Abby has is her dog and her aging, sickly, mother who lives in FL....When we were sent the 1st email about this show, it was told to us, that this show was going to put a positive spin on competitive dance, just like Cheerleader Nation, did for cheer. Those of us who showed interest (and I will admit, I was one of them), we were all sent a few shows of CN. Now my daughter and I had already seem CN, so when they said that it was going to be the dance version of that, we were excited! It was how they got us, so I can imagine it was how they got other moms. No one knew it was going to be so over-dramatic or scripted until the previews started. Lifetime also has each family, sign a contract, that pretty much says, they will film you until the people are no longer happy with the show and that they can do whatever they want to do with the film, for however long they feel like it. The moms say that the speak to the girls and let them know that they don't need to worry about, yelling and drama, but I honestly don't know how much those little girls can understand, that this fake and this is real....Yes, Vivi is not the best dancer and it's not because Cathy can't teach, it's because, Vivi doesn't want to dance and Cathy refuses to see it. I honestly believe if ,Vivi was allowed to come once or twice a week, learn a few steps, play with her friends, get a pretty costume and perform at the recital in the summer, she would love it and excel in it. She just is not one of those kids who lives to be in the studio traveling over the country ,competing and learning numbers. She just has a mom, who wants her little girl to do everything like she did it and be everything she was. We all know of those mother/daughter pairs in cheer, where if she could, mom who be on the blue mat, in her uniform preforming and the only thing the daughter cares about, is which dipping dots she should get. Those moms and daughters exist in the dance world too and at CADC, it's Cathy/Vivi.

This past episode, was extremely scripted! All of the adults, knew that Abby was going to put Kendall back on probation and that she was going to go to Cathy. I believe she will be there for the next 1-2 weeks. Kendall reaction was real, the first time, but since scenes are filmed over and over again. The competition was fake and the results were rigged. The solo Kendall did, had been done by her, with ALDC, it just wasn't shown before this week.

Now I don't know if anyone would be interested in this, but I'm going to tell y'all anyway! All of the families are friends and have been close, for a while.
Chloe is the "underdog" at the studio, but in the dance world, she wins the same, if not more, then Maddie does. The girls are all friends and have been for years. Kendall has 2 older sister who both dance, and one of her sister, actually dance at ALDC with her now. Also Abby wanted to expel a student from the show, because of her mother. Anybody want to take a wild guess who it is? ;)

I kid you guys not, I'm on my flight home from Charlotte to Pittsburgh and somebody ran into me right before we started boarding. At first I was like, oh it's fine! Then I realized it was Chloe! And right behind her was Christi! I was like "Omg! You guys are from Dance Moms!" and they just laughed and were like Yep! That's us! And then I told Chloe that I loved her and she told me thank you. Now they're a couple rows behind me on the plane!

HeresAThought
Now I don't know if anyone would be interested in this, but I'm going to tell y'all anyway! All of the families are friends and have been close, for a while.
Chloe is the "underdog" at the studio, but in the dance world, she wins the same, if not more, then Maddie does. The girls are all friends and have been for years. Kendall has 2 older sister who both dance, and one of her sister, actually dance at ALDC with her now. Also Abby wanted to expel a student from the show, because of her mother. Anybody want to take a wild guess who it is? ;)
this is very true! the kids are all best friends and contrary to popular belief so are the moms. they would all do anything for anyone of those kids in a heartbeat! Chloe does win A LOT but what you see on the show about her being undermined by Abby and Maddie being the favorite is very true.

So does this mean that every time Christi gets mad about Maddie getting more time spent on a solo or when Christi complains about Maddie in general, that it's scripted? Please share anything more that you can think of! I love hearing this stuff!!

Back