All-Star Worlds 2015 Weekend Highlights

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

watching bsb hit their elite stunt. I was crying. But we won't go further than that...

Coed elite. No words.

Nfinity I've been waiting for them to get the gold for so long.

Having the live feed hooked up to my tv was pretty cool.

Also, whoever told me about the roku, thank you very much now I can watch netflix on my tv!!!

Since the subject of alternates came up, can someone catch me up on what happened and how the alternates worked for Coed Elite when they had two kids get injured? Did I read that a "retired" female cheerleader stepped in to help? (I hate to use kids' names) If so, I think that's pretty cool.
And where did the boy alternate come from?

I'm not associated with CEA apart from being a fan, but as far as I can tell this is what happened. Both Gabie and Riley (they're both over 18 but I'll edit it out if anyone wants) were still age eligible for this year and were registered as alternates for CEA. Neither were expecting to compete as it's rare that CEA uses alternates, they tend to rework the routine I think. When a certain athlete was injured, Gabie was asked to fill in as she was a flyer. The boy was on their junior team and was there as an alternate. When a male athlete got injured, he stepped in. They both learned the routine in under 30 minutes and did pretty well for themselves I think [emoji4]

I actually was wondering about Worlds medals. During some award ceremonies at least, one of the just gave a bunch of medals to one athlete on the team to pass them around. Do they prepare the number of medals beforehand ? Like kids who competed + coaches + alternates (exact numbers listed for each team) ? Or do they give a set amount (like 25 medals for a small divisions, to include every person who should get a medal for the team) ?

This is only what I think might happen and I could be entirely wrong, but I think the person handing out the medals initially gives only enough medals for the athletes on the floor. As in, they hand out 36 medals to the winning large senior team. I imagine they have more medals up at the table that coaches and alternates can get medals from. In the case of Coed Elite I know in the initial team pictures Gabie did not have a medal because she gave it to the athlete she filled in for, but she definitely had a medal when they were getting fitted for their rings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not associated with CEA apart from being a fan, but as far as I can tell this is what happened. Both Gabie and Riley (they're both over 18 but I'll edit it out if anyone wants) were still age eligible for this year and were registered as alternates for CEA. Neither were expecting to compete as it's rare that CEA uses alternates, they tend to rework the routine I think. When a certain athlete was injured, Gabie was asked to fill in as she was a flyer. The boy was on their junior team and was there as an alternate. When a male athlete got injured, he stepped in. They both learned the routine in under 30 minutes and did pretty well for themselves I think [emoji4]

This is only what I think might happen and I could be entirely wrong, but I think the person handing out the medals initially gives only enough medals for the athletes on the floor. As in, they hand out 36 medals to the winning large senior team. I imagine they have more medals up at the table that coaches and alternates can get medals from. In the case of Coed Elite I know in the initial team pictures Gabie did not have a medal because she gave it to the athlete she filled in for, but she definitely had a medal when they were getting fitted for their rings.

This is accurate. The girls knew they were there as alternates. And for clarity it was Gabie and Riley. ( But, who really thinks they'll get called in? I know she was very sad she was needed in place of Shannon). I also think it was just funnier to say "I went to watch worlds and now I'm a World Champion".

Alex was from JCE.

*** about medal's and rings: team's who win jackets (let's say NCA) get 1 for each rostered kid plus 2 coaches jackets. For programs like us who might have more than 2 coaches per team your program can buy additional jackets at $100 a piece. (Maybe more now....that's what it was in 2010). I only know because my team won and CSP bought me a jacket. (No I don't wear it).

Anyway....if anybody is really interested just let me know and I'll ask the SE team mom or Coed team mom if additional medals were available for sale or like someone else said you could pick them up from the prize table.

@Cheermom1969

This is accurate. The girls knew they were there as alternates. And for clarity it was Gabie and Riley. ( But, who really thinks they'll get called in? I know she was very sad she was needed in place of Shannon). I also think it was just funnier to say "I went to watch worlds and now I'm a World Champion".

Alex was from JCE.

*** about medal's and rings: team's who win jackets (let's say NCA) get 1 for each rostered kid plus 2 coaches jackets. For programs like us who might have more than 2 coaches per team your program can buy additional jackets at $100 a piece. (Maybe more now....that's what it was in 2010). I only know because my team won and CSP bought me a jacket. (No I don't wear it).

Anyway....if anybody is really interested just let me know and I'll ask the SE team mom or Coed team mom if additional medals were available for sale or like someone else said you could pick them up from the prize table.

@Cheermom1969
And just when I thought you couldn't possibly get any cooler, you casually drop the sentence "I only know because my team won and CSP bought me a jacket". Like that's an every day occurrence. You are too much Missy!!!

So, another question regarding alternates--could you use the same list of alternates? Like could Gabie and Riley been alternates for both coed and sr elite, and then depending on what was needed--flyer, base, tumbler--asked which ever fit that spot? I just would have assumed they would have been SE alternates, not coed, since that was their team.

good thing (sort of?) that it was CE who needed the alternates and not their other large coed... since they obtained the bid with some coed athletes and then switched them out with alternates already, they probably would have been close to max. that's why you shouldn't play with fire and press your luck. things happen and alternates are necessary.

Alex was from JCE.

@Cheermom1969
I had the pleasure to sit right behind Riley at finals on Sunday night. What a nice young woman! She and I discussed her college and discovered we have a friend in common. My CP is thinking of going to the same school, and she offered some info about it.

• Watching a girl I used to be on teams with get to compete with Steel
  • My FIRST Worlds EVER (it was just really great in general)
  • Being apart of the first team from Iowa to ever advance in Semis
I am SO proud of my team for advancing especially in a division that we've never been in. As little as it sounds, there were some tears from everyone as we listened in a hotel room to the semi finalists announcement and realized we proved a lot of people wrong. Overall an AMAZING time for my first ever worlds!

Latest posts

Back