All-Star [12/7-12/8] America's Best - Kansas City, Mo (world's Bids)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I forgot that both of your girls were on Obsession. I did not know that your youngest was doing two teams, (I hate the word "crossover". It sounds like another word for dying) good for her!!

I will have to highlight them in my program and make sure I watch Jrs!

Yes, My oldest double teamed from jr to obsession for 3 years. This is my youngest's first year to double team but she's handling it pretty well. So far anyway lol.

Yes, My oldest double teamed from jr to obsession for 3 years. This is my youngest's first year to double team but she's handling it pretty well. So far anyway lol.

Keeps 'em busy, in shape, and away from boys!

Yay! We will finally meet!

ae8a68beca8a4fe892152b2aa8e01384@2x.gif

I'm hoping the winter storms stays away for you guys down south and everyone stays safe!!! It's gonna be a chilly weekend up here for sure!! :)

Yes they do. If you look at the age grid, there is only Senior 5, it then splits in to Small, Medium, and Large if there are enough teams in each division. This is how it has always been in previous years.

At Worlds bid events EPs are allowed to split the Senior 5 all girl divisions regardless of the number of teams left in each. So AB could put the only LAG team in their own division if they wanted to.

At Worlds bid events EPs are allowed to split the Senior 5 all girl divisions regardless of the number of teams left in each. So AB could put the only LAG team in their own division if they wanted to.
Yep, blonde moment. Not sure why I completely ignored the fact that this was a Worlds bid event. But that does hold true for non-bid events right or am I going completely crazy?

I'm actually pretty excited for this (I've list my cheer mom mojo, I don't get excited for basically anything anymore).

However, under the heading of "tons of new experiences for the 12step kids this year" not only have we never flown to a competition, we've never been to KC, we've never been to this EP, but I looked at the schedule and with the exception of Elite Cheer that came to myrtle beach one year, I've (literally) never seen any team on the entire schedule in person. So that's really awesome. New faces!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Last edited:
Procrastinating finals work, so let me tell everyone about KC! I seriously can't stress enough how cool the Plaza lights are. If any of the out of town people are staying downtown, definitely drive through the area at night. It's my favorite thing about KC this time of year. If you're by Crown Center, eat at Fritz's and get a cinnamon roll from Big Momma's (they'll easily feed at least 3 people). I'd suggest trying barbecue from anywhere in KC. Oklahoma Joe's is the most famous, but I'm more of a Gates person. And if you buy BBQ sauce in the airport, make sure you do so before checking your bag since liquids can't be carried on! Also, Saturday afternoon our soccer team is hosting the MLS Cup finals and are favored to win, so if anyone is a soccer fan (or dragging a reluctant dad/brother along for the weekend) head out to Sporting Park or there should be a watch party at Power and Light downtown. If anyone has any questions about KC or the area at all let me know. I love that city and would be more than happy to answer questions in order to continue my procrastination!!

Yes they do. If you look at the age grid, there is only Senior 5, it then splits in to Small, Medium, and Large if there are enough teams in each division. This is how it has always been in previous years.

I know that. You were saying they will combine Small, Medium and Large for Level 5 worlds which they will not do. So maybe next time actually read what I post. I said the same thing as Andre just did not get as specific.

I know that. You were saying they will combine Small, Medium and Large for Level 5 worlds which they will not do. So maybe next time actually read what I post. I said the same thing as Andre just did not get as specific.
No need to be rude, it's not a rule that they have to. Some competitions choose to do it that way, some don't. As Andre said, for non-Worlds bids events they don't have to be split and they typically are not; also as I said to him, I wasn't thinking about the fact that this was a Worlds bid event. Someone asked why a Medium All Girl team was listed as Large Senior and I simply said that they don't have to be split, which they are not.

Back