All-Star 19 Year Old Gym Owner Needs Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Okay yes I said this was a ridiculous request and I still think so but have decided to share some positive advice. You know I hope she reads these threads and looks at Kiva.org. There entrepreneurs present similar to go fund me but then they pay back the loan. It has people all over the world. Investors then get to pick another person to loan to when the money is paid back. This was my birthday present this year from my husband as I said I needed nothing. I think it is pretty cool - you know what and I would possibly fund her loan if that was where I saw it but I don't do hand outs on go fund me.

I'd be so scared to start a business with no business training whatsoever. I think people get fooled by the cheer side of things and forget that they actually have to have money and business experience to be successful :(

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
I think it is like that with a lot of small businesses. The concept overshadows the plan (if there is one).
Also, just because one has cheered and can coach, it does not mean one has any business acumen whatsoever.

Last edited:
http://socialcomotion.com/Blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/shock.gif
theres probably no one from that gym to pull to senior elite so that wouldn't happen

Bottom line is, this gym owner did not post this on fierce board for our money. A friend, trying to help the girl out, did. So instead of lecturing the poster, why not just skip over the topic. I understand that people feel passionately about things and have strong opinions, but we get the point already.

in summary: it's summer and people are bored

I think it is like that with a lot of small businesses. The concept overshadows the plan (if there is one).
Also, just because one has cheered and can coach, it does not mean one has any business acumen whatsoever.
I was involved with an online course called 'Zero to Launch' by Ramit Sethi (I took a temporary break). It's basically how to start an online business. Number 1 recommendation: front loading the work. Knowing what your market needs and what you can handle/deliver. Many people (of ALL ages) end up with what he calls 'special snowflake syndrome' where they believe their situation is unique and therefore outside of typical snags.

Heck- I'm an actor. I get following your passion. But the concept of the starving artist doesn't just come from hipster elitism and the celebration from suffering- it's because people forget that my industry is a BUSINESS. And you bet I'm working like a business woman (targeting buyers, prepping marketing, networking, etc).

I applaud her for recognizing a problem and asking for help, while starting a business young. I am concerned with her seeing the bigger picture. Logical when being presented with someone asking people to part with their hard-earned cash.

Okay yes I said this was a ridiculous request and I still think so but have decided to share some positive advice. You know I hope she reads these threads and looks at Kiva.org. There entrepreneurs present similar to go fund me but then they pay back the loan. It has people all over the world. Investors then get to pick another person to loan to when the money is paid back. This was my birthday present this year from my husband as I said I needed nothing. I think it is pretty cool - you know what and I would possibly fund her loan if that was where I saw it but I don't do hand outs on go fund me.
Excellent advise on kiva

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android Coming soon, Cheer Dad's gofundme retirement account. Stay tuned

I was about to say this. This phenomenon is not unique to cheer. People open all sorts of businesses thinking it will be so fun and easy, because they know about the industry itself. Just because you're a chef doesn't mean you should open a restaurant, etc. I spend every day at my job living this... (I work at a dance studio)

This has nothing to do about summer. People are tired of people looking for free rides and some have given good, responsible options for a small business owner.

Yes! This.

Also to note, my GoFundMe rant was directed at Worlds people. Not the gym owner mentioned here.

Back