All-Star 2012-13 Uniform Costs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've always wondered this... does any other gym rent their unis? Like my gym has a different uni for almost every team, so instead of having to buy a new uni whenever you change a team we just pay a fee each year for that uni for the year then give it back. We pay about $70 i think each year for that uniform. Do any other gyms do this? It seems to work for us.
I used to rent- cost me $75 for the season.

I've always wondered this... does any other gym rent their unis? Like my gym has a different uni for almost every team, so instead of having to buy a new uni whenever you change a team we just pay a fee each year for that uni for the year then give it back. We pay about $70 i think each year for that uniform. Do any other gyms do this? It seems to work for us.

Our exhibition teams rent the uniforms from the gym ($50 for the half season) but they have to buy the bodysuit that goes under it. I think that renting a uniform is hard for gyms unless they plan on keeping the uni for a long time.

Our cost for new uniforms is $300 but we don't get new unis really ever. We also have a lot of alumn cheerleaders sell their used ones for about half the price.

Varsity uniform with logo- 163.00 per uniform - plus shipping. Girls then buy bow, briefs and whatever they will wear under the top- Many gyms make money on their uniforms by marking up the base price.

I know of a few gyms that have done this, and it always confused me. From a business standpoint, it's a lot of money to have tied up. Plus it would take several years to pay off a uniform if people are only paying $70-$75. Not to mention that you would have to place additional orders for new uniforms and alterations each year which only increases the gym's investment. Our gym has around 65 athletes. At $200 per uniform, that's $13k to have tied up that could be used elsewhere in the business, and we're just a small gym. I can't imagine the investment that a bigger gym would make renting uniforms.

of2c1f.jpg

i know this uniform isn't being used by rays, obviously... but an example that a sublimated top with a custom logo and a skirt with or without built-in briefs are only a little over $100. some of these gyms have to be marking up prices.

add in the shipping (which i never considered before this thread) and it still should not be costing anywhere near $300.

of2c1f.jpg

i know this uniform isn't being used by rays, obviously... but an example that a sublimated top with a custom logo and a skirt with or without built-in briefs are only a little over $100. some of these gyms have to be marking up prices.

add in the shipping (which i never considered before this thread) and it still should not be costing anywhere near $300.

When I saw this I thought I was in the new uniforms thread and nearly fell off my chair...

Back