All-Star 2012 - 2013 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hahaha...we use that track also! Yes it is VERY annoying but it saves us from many days of yelling 8-counts and losing our voices!....now I can save that for comps only! Lol

I'm not sure what it's official name is (apologies for sounding like a newbie) but I love the part where the flyers hop over their foot in the tick it's very similar to a move I've seen in tap and Irish dance- just so amazing to see a version of it in a cheer stunt!

Yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing... I am surprised they placed second after Redbacks. And yes in Aus we only compete once at our competitions so that one performance (the ones posted) is the only one contributing to our placings. We don't as yet have two day competitions (it'll be a new thing for next year).

Thanks for posting the vids auscheerflyer :) I was JUST looking at the pictures of these routines that AASCF posted on their facebook page and I was keen to see some vids, esp. since I've never seen Redbacks compete L5 before. But yes, I am slightly confused as to why they placed first, not that their routine was not good, I just think that Outlaws seemed to out them in difficulty and cleanliness, (in all skills really - defs tumbling, pyramids close, stunts I think yes), I suppose maybe they had one or two more falls (possibly?) but still??

There are huge problems with scoresheet, in short, if you enter a team into level 5, but compete level 1-2-3-3 skills, you still get points in the level 5 bracket... This means judge have a very small area to play with hen awarding points, close to 3 points to in building to award skills from a prep, to a double up on leg... This means teams score VERY VERY close to each other... The score is Then put in a percentage AND then deductions come of, which means a deduction score of 2.7 for a major stunt fall fr example, is actually worth 7-8 points off a raw score, and stunt difficulty section is out of 10...

I hope you get what I am explaining... It is a huge gripe at our gym, and these this tiered scoring flaws only becomes more apparent in higher levels due to more skills needed to fit in one area.

Sorry wrote this on my phone in a flash, will elaborate if you want

Latest posts

Back